Bizarre Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So we all know there are so many "sports" out there these days, but I've noticed in recent times there has been focus on some rather "interesting" ones.

We all know about Boules, Curling, and other lesser known sports, but this is for discussing really strange ones.

For examples sake:

e-Sports
"e-Sports" is taking off big these days (including Sim Racing). The idea being that people play computer games for money, whilst crowds watch and cheer. eSports are already being televised.

Just yesterday however I came across another one which had me laughing my arse off.

Drone Champions League
Teams professionally racing drones though gates in front of a crowd like some shitty version of the Red Bull Air Race. The one I watched yesterday had team Quad Force vs Team Hell Hound.

Drama struck when the fastest qualifiers drone for Team Hell Hound would no turn on, on the platform. Competitors sit in racing style seats with VR style goggles on and a controller in their hands. Competitors are able to change stuff like the length of the drones blades.

What are some other bizare sports that you've watched/heard of, or even been a spectator to? I'm not talking competitive eating or like strongman championships either.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bossaball - Originating in Spain, Bossaball comprises elements of volleyball, football (soccer), gymnastics, and capoeira. The game is played on an inflatable course with inbuilt trampolines on each side. The teams consist of 4-5 players with the aim of getting the ball over the net without the other team being able to return it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slamball, it's a mix of basketball with trampolines. I don't think it's around anymore but I used to watch it on pay tv.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Chess boxing 4 minutes chess 3 minutes boxing
they should have a match between the heavyweight champion and the chess world champion

the chess champion frantically trying to finish it in 4 minutes while the boxer is trying to hold on, because its all over if it goes to round 2 lol

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Office Chair Hockey. Champion right here :smirk:

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised Curling hasn't been mentioned.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we all know there are so many "sports" out there these days, but I've noticed in recent times there has been focus on some rather "interesting" ones.

We all know about Boules, Curling, and other lesser known sports, but this is for discussing really strange ones.

For examples sake:

e-Sports
"e-Sports" is taking off big these days (including Sim Racing). The idea being that people play computer games for money, whilst crowds watch and cheer. eSports are already being televised.

Just yesterday however I came across another one which had me laughing my arse off.

Drone Champions League
Teams professionally racing drones though gates in front of a crowd like some shitty version of the Red Bull Air Race. The one I watched yesterday had team Quad Force vs Team Hell Hound.

Drama struck when the fastest qualifiers drone for Team Hell Hound would no turn on, on the platform. Competitors sit in racing style seats with VR style goggles on and a controller in their hands. Competitors are able to change stuff like the length of the drones blades.

What are some other bizare sports that you've watched/heard of, or even been a spectator to? I'm not talking competitive eating or like strongman championships either.
Most bizarre sport(?) I watch is the Eels pretending to be a NRL team.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible @south of heaven @ASSASSIN @MatstaDogg @Mr 95% @Bad Billy @jasonsmith11 @Rodzilla @Sleeky @ALX25 @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

If I had the money, I'd invent my own game. It's a variation of Soccer (to allow more points to be scored) and European Handball. I can't think of a name to call this sport without it sounding dirty. Foothand? You get me.

Basically, it's 10 a side, no goal keepers. The soccer box is there, however it's known as the "Dead Zone" meaning no players, attackers or defenders, are allowed in there. If the ball goes in, players must watch and see what happens. The defenders are only permitted to enter the Dead Zone if the ball comes to a complete stop so they can restart play. Entering the dead zone when the ball is in motion is a penalty to the opposing team. Penalties can either be a kick at goal (with no goalie, certain goal) or a kick to find touch and restart play via a throw in.

Players can dribble the ball by either bouncing it or kicking it as well as passing by either kicking or throwing. However, the teams are segregated into 2 sub-teams, 5 attackers and 5 defenders. Each sub-team MUST stay in either the attacking or defending half meaning 10 players in each half of the field at all times.

The ball is the same as a soccer ball.

Points system:

- Attackers goal - 2 points
- Defenders goal - 3 points (considering it comes from the other side of the field)
- Penalty goal - 1 point

Unlimited interchange.

4 quarters, 15 mins each.

Turf surface.

2 referees (one on each side of the field) and 2 touch judges.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible @south of heaven @ASSASSIN @MatstaDogg @Mr 95% @Bad Billy @jasonsmith11 @Rodzilla @Sleeky @ALX25 @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

If I had the money, I'd invent my own game. It's a variation of Soccer (to allow more points to be scored) and European Handball. I can't think of a name to call this sport without it sounding dirty. Foothand? You get me.

Basically, it's 10 a side, no goal keepers. The soccer box is there, however it's known as the "Dead Zone" meaning no players, attackers or defenders, are allowed in there. If the ball goes in, players must watch and see what happens. The defenders are only permitted to enter the Dead Zone if the ball comes to a complete stop so they can restart play. Entering the dead zone when the ball is in motion is a penalty to the opposing team. Penalties can either be a kick at goal (with no goalie, certain goal) or a kick to find touch and restart play via a throw in.

Players can dribble the ball by either bouncing it or kicking it as well as passing by either kicking or throwing. However, the teams are segregated into 2 sub-teams, 5 attackers and 5 defenders. Each sub-team MUST stay in either the attacking or defending half meaning 10 players in each half of the field at all times.

Points system:

- Defenders goal - 3 points (considering it comes from the other side of the field)
- Penalty goal - 1 point

Unlimited interchange.

Turf surface.

i think there would be just big punts at goal when they get within range, its going to be afl in a soccer field

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw did you guys know that original soccer looked more like rugby league, all the players had to be onside like a rugby league kick onside

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Points system:

- Penalty goal - 1 point

Unlimited interchange.

Turf surface.

If we start now, we can call ourselves the “Originals” and when (not if) the Olympics makes it official, we are a shoe in for the Gold......

Then I woke up :sob:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Points system:

- Penalty goal - 1 point

Unlimited interchange.

Turf surface.

Sounds good to me!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like your idea @Wahesh but have you seen drunken soccer league, now that's something I could get involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.