Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I read or hear the name Milford connected with us, a little vomit comes up into the back of my throat..
All the talents, bad attitude...dunno if that can be fixed. That said, I wouldnt mind

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Remember when Luke Leary was with Souths they all shat on him...he then went to roosters and is now the no1 five eighth in the game.
Maybe Milford can replicate Ben Barba's playing career. Superstar at the Dogs, went to Brisbane and was crap, then back to Sharks and was elite again. Hopefully if Milford does come to Belmore, it doesn't end like the Barba story.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bird + bubble wrap/cotton wool .!!!

NO THANKS, we have our Bandage boy, and one is enough.
bird at the right price, plus assurance from medical is a gamble, but one id take. He is a class player and there arent many of him on the market.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird is a good player but overpriced... plus, he has had serious shoulder and sternum injuries and 2 ACL reconstructions... he also suffers from rheumatoid arthritis... too big a risk IMO
Yes I remember reading about him suffering arthritis before. Many people on here believe we should piss Foran off no matter how good he is simply because he's unreliable. Bird makes Foran look like Mr Reliable.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dan Ferris makes sense as they just sacked long time trainer Gary Carden

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap another injury prone player. So what position would the cripple play anyway?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crap another injury prone player. So what position would the cripple play anyway?
Centre. I don't think we need another centre. We've signed Cotric, we have Schoupp coming through. If we keep Foran and sign Burton, Averillo should develop in reserve grade as a fullback and when we move Hopoate from fullback he's going to need a centre position (maybe move Cotric to wing, but that would mean we'd block Schoupp - is he that good?). If we just want the best 17 for next year than it probably doesn't matter but I can see some headaches in 6-12 months time.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably laying down position waiting for the medi-cab to cart him off ! Ffs, with the alleged war chest we have, why are we looking at risking that coin with more injury prone players? If doesn't work out, it will only set us back further.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does this rumour come from because the Terrorgraph said were after Gildart, another centre. Plus there are other rumours Baz is after Walker who I assume would also play center.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any competent Board wouldn't allow this signing given our history with Foran.

Bird is a great player but I can't remember the last time a player came back from a major injury and got back to his best apart from Billy Slater.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s no top players on the market and if you sign him on the cheap the risk/reward is too good to pass up it might blow up in our faces but I think it’s worth taking a chance on

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two ACL injuries, busted shoulders and rheumatoid arthritis.. No thanks. Unless he cost 200k which he wouldn't then we can't afford to take the risk in our situation.. I wish him the best though as the poor guy has had no luck.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dan Ferris makes sense as they just sacked long time trainer Gary Carden
Is he the guy that was at Manly when they had all the soft tissue injuries and then he got sacked for punching in with another staff member at end of year