Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid was a gun when he is fit and firing. But it’s a no from me. Too big of a risk. Unless Broncs pay freight for next season, maybe lik 700K? Lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid was a gun when he is fit and firing. But it’s a no from me. Too big of a risk. Unless Broncs pay freight for next season, maybe lik 700K? Lol
Imagine we sign Bird and re-sign Foran. Its a given that we would lose both during the year.
FFS!! We have a chance now to get this right and I personally would not sign either.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine we sign Bird and re-sign Foran. Its a given that we would lose both during the year.
FFS!! We have a chance now to get this right and I personally would not sign either.
Yup, that would turn the start of our good fortunes upside down as quick as it started, I didn’t mind bird, but in saying that we do need to get this right and it’s very risky indeed..!!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
theres some truth in the bird rumour, jack bird wants to return to sydney, and there has been some sydney clubs showing interest in him, his past injuries and current asking price is a big problem
also broncos want him gone to relieve cap pressure

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true the club has lost it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This c*** makes trump look like a fkn genius.
He has some golden content lol.

I remember back in the day David Letterman use to have a field day with Bush. Had an on going segment of Greatest Moments In Presidental Speeches that mocked Bush. Thing is, Bush just continued to give content after content with his speeches. Good times :tearsofjoy:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass, id rather foran on $300 k for another year, then burton after that if he cant get released earlier

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kent just said dogs should go to the broncos tell them we want pangai jnr pay some freight and that way you can keep fifita.
Forget bird
Yup, that would turn the start of our good fortunes upside down as quick as it started, I didn’t mind bird, but in saying that we do need to get this right and it’s very risky indeed..!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kent just said dogs should go to the broncos tell them we want pangai jnr pay some freight and that way you can keep fifita.
Forget bird
If only .!!

maybe anything is more possible than it once was with our new coach sorted.!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We desperately need both of them... to keep each other company in the physio room

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Courier Mailreports the club has told injured outside back Jack Bird he is free to exit the club immediately as it looks to free up salary cap space to throw more cash at Fifita.

Speaking on NRL 360, The Courier Mail’s Pete Badel revealed Bird is free to negotiate with rivals.

“A major development for the Broncos, they have told Jack Bird, they’re injure-prone utility he is free to leave immediately,” he said.

Fifita is currently weighing up a mega $1.25 million per season offer from the Titans versus what the Broncos can offer, around $700,000 a year.

Bird, who is contracted with the Broncos until the end of this year with a player option for 2021, is earning just under $1 million a year.

The Broncos are reportedly open to pay close to $400,000 in a transfer deal, freeing up over $500,000 in their cap, which could be used to beef up Fifita’s offer.

“They are looking to free up funds in the cap and they are prepared to subsidise a transfer to either the Bulldogs, Dragons or Sharks for Jack Bird and that will free up about $500,000 in the cap to try and keep David Fifita,” Badel said.

“So it’s another play by the Broncos, they’re trying to free up funds, they think they can keep Fifita.”

Bird, a former NSW Origin centre, has played just 17 games for the Broncos in three years due to a cruel run of injuries, including his latest, a torn ACL suffered in

The clubs Bird could land at are his former club the Sharks, his junior club the Dragons or the Bulldogs who have a $3 million war chest to spend.

Club legend, board member and part of the recruitment team, Darren Lockyer said the decision is entirely up to Bird.

“It’s up to Jack what he wants to do,” Lockyer said.

“I’m not aware if he wants out but it’s Jack’s call. He does have a contract with us next year, but if he feels like he will get back to his best physical and mental health at another club in Sydney, then it’s a decision only he can make.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2dfe5c9e678186746ecbcdaa3a541a93

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good chance even if that happens that the Broncos will offer to pay a large chunk of his salary to move him on and save some $$$, would be a great buy if you could get him for 300-400k and the Broncos make up the rest.
The Courier Mailreports the club has told injured outside back Jack Bird he is free to exit the club immediately as it looks to free up salary cap space to throw more cash at Fifita.

Speaking on NRL 360, The Courier Mail’s Pete Badel revealed Bird is free to negotiate with rivals.

“A major development for the Broncos, they have told Jack Bird, they’re injure-prone utility he is free to leave immediately,” he said.

Fifita is currently weighing up a mega $1.25 million per season offer from the Titans versus what the Broncos can offer, around $700,000 a year.

Bird, who is contracted with the Broncos until the end of this year with a player option for 2021, is earning just under $1 million a year.

The Broncos are reportedly open to pay close to $400,000 in a transfer deal, freeing up over $500,000 in their cap, which could be used to beef up Fifita’s offer.

“They are looking to free up funds in the cap and they are prepared to subsidise a transfer to either the Bulldogs, Dragons or Sharks for Jack Bird and that will free up about $500,000 in the cap to try and keep David Fifita,” Badel said.

“So it’s another play by the Broncos, they’re trying to free up funds, they think they can keep Fifita.”

Bird, a former NSW Origin centre, has played just 17 games for the Broncos in three years due to a cruel run of injuries, including his latest, a torn ACL suffered in

The clubs Bird could land at are his former club the Sharks, his junior club the Dragons or the Bulldogs who have a $3 million war chest to spend.

Club legend, board member and part of the recruitment team, Darren Lockyer said the decision is entirely up to Bird.

“It’s up to Jack what he wants to do,” Lockyer said.

“I’m not aware if he wants out but it’s Jack’s call. He does have a contract with us next year, but if he feels like he will get back to his best physical and mental health at another club in Sydney, then it’s a decision only he can make.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2dfe5c9e678186746ecbcdaa3a541a93

BOOOM

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Too big a risk. Not only that but fuck doin the Bronx any favours lol Hope he milks tf outta that last year of his contract hahahaha

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If these fuckwits want to free up money to sign Fifta. No worries we will gladly take either hass or pangi jr otherwise they can get fucked. If any other club in the nrl is even considering helping these fuckers out by taking bird then they have rocks in there heads. Fancy paying bird who has had 2 acl injuries plus a shoulder reco and he also has another condition not sure what it is 500k in your cap while helping the Broncos sign fifta at the same time. Even the Broncos just asking is a fucking insult to every club in the nrl. Fuck the Broncos I hope no one takes bird off there books until his contract is over. They say his on 975k a season. Even if they tell us they will pay 974k of his freight I'd still tell them fuck off. Fuck helping them while crippling us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could be our version of Victor Radley at lock but he could also be another Foran. The risk is too high but if he stays fit he could be a great addition. It would depend on how much you could get the Broncos to throw in before you’d seriously think about it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If these fuckwits want to free up money to sign Fifta. No worries we will gladly take either hass or pangi jr otherwise they can get fucked. If any other club in the nrl is even considering helping these fuckers out by taking bird then they have rocks in there heads. Fancy paying bird who has had 2 acl injuries plus a shoulder reco and he also has another condition not sure what it is 500k in your cap while helping the Broncos sign fifta at the same time. Even the Broncos just asking is a fucking insult to every club in the nrl. Fuck the Broncos I hope no one takes bird off there books until his contract is over. They say his on 975k a season. Even if they tell us they will pay 974k of his freight I'd still tell them fuck off. Fuck helping them while crippling us.
His other condition is rheumatoid arthritis

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Bird would be a big risk sure. But he has two ingredients sadly missing in this current squad. A bit of Madness and footy IQ. If Brisbane tip in a good chunk of his salary I would take the punt on him.