Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that’s very true. And with Barrett coming in then it could very well pay off.!! Things are starting to sound positive already. And if there’s any truth to it, then it seems the coach is already doing a better job than pay Attracting players etc, before even arriving.!!
People judging Barrett by his stint at manly have short memories , he played for nsw and Australia from all reports he’s a hard worker and a tough man. I believe a real men learns from his mistakes , he has a wife and kids and his job is to get paid this is his profession. A club like the dogs could be the next best thing . I hope he does sign and keeps chn. Only up from here. I don’t know if you agree but I do think this Board either comes out and speaks to the media about the situation or even the nrl takes over till shit is sorted

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree totally with what others have stated - Bird is a huge injury risk.

Here's a brief synopsis from Wiki :

"2018 - Bird would have a horror 2018 NRL season, only playing in 8 matches for the Broncos because of his shoulder and sternum injuries were still ongoing during the year.

2019 - Bird suffered a season-ending anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury during the Broncos 26-10 win at Suncorp Stadium. Bird’s 2019 NRL season was cut short, finishing with 9 matches...

2020 - On 11 March, Bird was ruled out for the entire 2020 NRL season after suffering an ACL injury at pre-season training.'

17 games in three years is a pretty damning statistic.

We should be spending our money elsewhere.
Wow, this says it all. Liked him a few years ago when he cracked the Blues. We need to steer clear

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Bird was a great player, i think doggies should look at other players and options.

Why the doggies want him, because nobody else wants him?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird is a good player but overpriced... plus, he has had serious shoulder and sternum injuries and 2 ACL reconstructions... he also suffers from rheumatoid arthritis... too big a risk IMO

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here, I told you this ages ago. Dogs have long been after Bird but the sticking price is the money as he's on an absurd amount.

nark my words. If broncos pitch in enough he's a Belmore boy.

btw it wasn't just my mail that said this. Other kennelers heard the same
No point in chasing an injury prone player.how many games has he played since he joined the broncos? It would Kieran foran mk11

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A injury free Bird is a hell of a player and a asset to any football team, that being said “injury free” has been something he has in common with Foran and while on their day they can hold their own it’s possibly still a massive gamble

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy just needs to stop skipping leg day in the gym lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice shame on me.

Haven't we learnt from previous injury prone signings???

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BAHAHAHA Bird to Dogs... oh ok wait.. BAHAHAHAHA oh ok that's enough, bahahahaha absolute rubbish

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
makes sense... need to replace the injury prone foran on the bench
Physios need more work. Get him. Injury prone players no thanks.

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good player when fit. He has played less games than Foran over 3 years.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Any broncos signing would be a disaster. Can we sign some players from a successful club please?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is going to take up his million dollar option at the Donkeys for next season. If he proves his health next season then maybe he could be an option for 2022.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is going to take up his million dollar option at the Donkeys for next season. If he proves his health next season then maybe he could be an option for 2022.
Good chance even if that happens that the Broncos will offer to pay a large chunk of his salary to move him on and save some $$$, would be a great buy if you could get him for 300-400k and the Broncos make up the rest.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice shame on me.

Haven't we learnt from previous injury prone signings???
You reminded me of old Bush and his speech lol. Also, J Cole uses it in the song No Role Modelz.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You reminded me of old Bush and his speech lol. Also, J Cole uses it in the song No Role Modelz.

Haha... I had to watch that a couple times thinking the video ended too early. But no, the President just couldn't say it correctly lol