Daily Telegraph/Rothfield BIRD TO THE DOGS

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope we don't get Jack Bird a waste of cap money we already have foran!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the game so much faster and exolosive now these guys will be getting injured even more regularly...look at the roosters and cowboys for example.

Massive risk , pangai Jr or hass for me
He could be our version of Victor Radley at lock but he could also be another Foran. The risk is too high but if he stays fit he could be a great addition. It would depend on how much you could get the Broncos to throw in before you’d seriously think about it.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then we should not make a play for bird phark em
Give us milford then not a crock

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos aren't releasing Pangai or Hass
Then they can keep their “bird” in the broncos cage as well

Swap them tolman, Montoya and holland for Pangai and Bird. They get 3 players, We get 2 players + the 4th tackle back in each set

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then we should not make a play for bird phark em
Give us milford then not a crock
We don't have to take anyone I think Bird could be a good buy at the right right price.

I would stay well clear of Milf he's so lazy and inconsistent.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't have to take anyone I think Bird could be a good buy at the right right price.

I would stay well clear of Milf he's so lazy and inconsistent.
Bird at up to 450k would be worth the punt for 2021, if he works, you get a star, if he gets injured, he is off the books after the year anyway.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bird at up to 450k would be worth the punt for 2021, if he works, you get a star, if he gets injured, he is off the books after the year anyway.
I agree... play him at 13 and he can play like a Radley through the middle with ball playing ability.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree... play him at 13 and he can play like a Radley through the middle with ball playing ability.
I think he needs a year back in the centres to ease him in but after that you could try him out at lock or even 5/8.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think this will eventuate. Brisbane has stated that they will forgo $500k of his $900k contract. I’m CHN would have been around $400k a season and so that’s the fit right there. A fit and firing Bird is as good as any player in the comp. he’s had a good season off and been in rehab now so surely he’d be primed to go next season.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Milford is fucking terrible
Milford Looks fat and over weight and has looked this ever since they lost the grand final to the cowboys. Most over rated player in the comp right now

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think Barret would want him to be honest. I hear they like the look of Oliver goudart the english test centre

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just read that the broncos would potentially be willing to pay up to $700,000 of bird's $975,000 deal for next year if he goes to another club. im not fussed on signing him but do you think a one year deal worth $275,000 would be a decent grab if he can stay fit?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just read that the broncos would potentially be willing to pay up to $700,000 of bird's $975,000 deal for next year if he goes to another club. im not fussed on signing him but do you think a one year deal worth $275,000 would be a decent grab if he can stay fit?
Would be an astute signing for that much man and worth a punt. For $275k you wouldn't even be bothered if he got a season injury again lol

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be an astute signing for that much man and worth a punt. For $275k you wouldn't even be bothered if he got a season injury again lol
yeah i agree, on his day he is an elite player. my only worry is we may be carrying too many outside backs. if they choose not to re-sign montoya and holland and give lafai a deal for next year that means we could potentially have lafai, smith, will hopoate, cotric, meaney, dwz, averillo, bird. not to mention the talk about signing curtis scott and albert hopoate. plus schoupp next year if hes ready. would hate to lose an up and comer like averillo to fit in jack bird for a season

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price, its hard to say no.
Hard to see what the Broncos get out of still paying that much to save $275k but if its true, then that's their problem.
At $275k, its definitely worth the gamble, provided we aren't required to pay more in following years (I dont know when his contract expires).

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At that price, its hard to say no.
Hard to see what the Broncos get out of still paying that much to save $275k but if its true, then that's their problem.
At $275k, its definitely worth the gamble, provided we aren't required to pay more in following years (I dont know when his contract expires).
He’s got this year and another year in his favour. He’d be stupid not to activate that offer

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IF... he can stay fit/healthy and injury free lol, I don’t want him here.!!!