Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a load of crap. If it were a Bulldogs player he'd be in jail.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"Pec charge".

Huh.

I want Napa to throw a massive Pec charge into SLaters head then.

FMD I am actually going to cheer the rorters on now. I dont want to see storm win at all after this blatant corruption.

Any other player and they get banned without batting an eye. But precious "studs to the head" billy? oh no. Cant have that.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel as though you should have to cop at least a grade 2 charge to miss a finals game. The best available players should be playing these games for the sake of the fans and both sides.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im happy with this decision only if Cronk plays. As a neutral fan i want the clubs best 34 players taking the field and a gruelling close contest... No point getting to the big dance and having two of the most influential players on the sideline.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL let him off scared of the outrage and negative press

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL is such an easy to dislike organisation. I love the Bulldogs but the NRL I don't think I could dislike more.

It's bad for kids to look at people as role models if they get drunk in private and act stupid? OK, I disagree, but if you say so.

It's good for kids to look at people as role models who can get away with breaking the rules and potentially injuring others if they're really popular people. OK I disagree, but if you say so.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously do not understand you people who are outraged about this.

Do you honestly want people suspended for such innocuous collisions? It isn't like he charged out of the line and squared someone up. He was running horizontal to cover the play and ended up colliding with a player. There was not much else he could do.

No one was hurt, nothing bad happened.

Ignore that it is Slater for a second (because I honestly think peoples personal opinions of him are clouding this a lot), if he got suspended for this, it sets a really shitty precedent and ensures more people in the future will get suspended for 2 weeks for something that barely even warrants a penalty.

There was no intent to "shoulder charge". You can't even say it was a 100% shoulder charge because there is definitely doubt about his arm being tucked which is one of the hard and fast definitions in the rules.

If you can't prove beyond reasonable doubt, it is not guilty.

I hope that the rules are amended after this to allow some more wiggle room for these incidents so that you rule sticklers can calm the fk down.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fucking joke.
If that was Dylan Napa you reckon he’d of got off ??
No way.
Slater will win the Churchill medal.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What a fucking joke.
If that was Dylan Napa you reckon he’d of got off ??
No way.
Slater will win the Churchill medal.
Sorry bro, you are the 2014 Bulldogs and the Storm are the 2014 Souths.

You are just the opponent who lost to CC Medal winner Slater.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest the shoulder charge that was abolished wasn’t the one rushing across to save a try. He didn’t hit the head, wasn’t wreckless, wasn’t out of control. For mine it’s part of the game.

If it was off a kick off running back, and face to face and a player lowers his body with his arm tucked by the body and rises with the shoulder then I’m all for a suspension under current rules. But to rub someone out of the game for that. Especially a gf. Thankfully he wasn’t because would make the league more of a joke. I know some have blue and white goggles on but if it was our player we’d be saying no charge. And from a neutral perspective the right call was made.

I mean 2 week ban?

As grubby of a player and person slater is and he deserves to miss a gf based on his **** attitude, it shouldn’t be a charge.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So it’s one rule for slater and another for everyone else.
I really hope someone puts a massive shoulder charge on slater and injures him in the first 5 minuets.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put in your bets now for the Clive Churchill medal winner it’s been decided already.....

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Billy Slater has made a career of lying at judiciaries. I hope one day he gets charged in a real court & gets busted for perjury.

Status
Not open for further replies.