Billy Slater out for Origin I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mbye has been playing fullback for five minutes and has been having to play in the halves to lug Foran's freight for him at the same time. Lol at all the clueless, hyper critical folks implying not getting picked is some sort of slight on him. He's had no proper opportunity to learn his new role, has showed plenty of potential, regardless and many of you are writing him off as a failure already.

He should be there in front of Morgan, tbh. He's been way better than Morgan this year.....but Ponga should walk into the role. If they pick Morgan over Ponga, Qld's selectors must be on the same type of drugs as most of you clearly are. :P

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Confirmed (from MMM Brisbane):

"Billy Slater's withdrawal will see Michael Morgan move from a utility role to fullback.

Anthony Milford will jump onto the four-man interchange bench in the no.19 jersey.

Tim Glasby will be the side's 18th man, with Kalyn Ponga on the extended squad as well after landing in Melbourne last night."

I agree with others re Ponga. Mad to have Morgan over him.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I can't understand Morgan being put to fullback. Last week in his club match - he almost looked like he'd ripped his groin or hammy, simply taking a kick for touch from a penalty.

Fullback is maybe the most physically demanding position on the field - and they are putting Morgan there????

I can't help but think this is just a cover for Ponga who will be named at #1 with an hour to go before kick off.

If not - I think I'll be putting a cool $200 on NSW if the odds stay at ~$1.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.