News Bikie barbershop police raid sees Pangai stood down for COVID-19 breach

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr will be forced into a two-week isolation period after an alleged breach of Brisbane’s bubble involving an infamous bikie gang.
Channel 7 are reporting that Pangai went against existing protocols and will now be stood down.

Pangai reportedly visited a function for a friend who was opening a business on Saturday.

The business, believed to be a barber’s shop, was also attended by six members of the Mongols bikie gang.

On Saturday, police launched a raid on the property with Pangai Jr caught up in it.

There’s no suggestion that Pangai Jr has committed any criminal offence.

The Broncos released a statement on Sunday, saying: “Brisbane Broncos player Tevita Pangai Junior has been stood down for 14 days after breaching Project Apollo protocols.

“The club has been informed that he attended the opening of a barber shop yesterday, in breach of the protocols.

“He has been placed on a “COVID Hold” and will undergo testing, while spending 14 days in self-isolation as the NRL continues to examine details of the breach.

“The Broncos are investigating the circumstances around the matter to determine what further action may be taken.”

Coach Anthony Seibold has also broken the bubble, but with the blessing of the club to attend to a family emergency.

Pangai’s alleged discretion comes just days after three Broncos coaches, including Allan Langer, went to a Brisbane pub.

They were handed fines as were South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett and Dragons prop Paul Vaughan who both visited restaurants – a direct breach of protocol.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Seibolds excuse real or a smother?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Seibolds excuse real or a smother?
Rumour I heard was it involves his daughter who stayed in Sydney to finish her HSC. No details though.

Apparently the rest of the family haven't really settled into Brisbane.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has coached his last Broncos game.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a barbershop close by in Beenleigh burnt down mysteriously earlier in the week 2 weeks after opening and another one at Southport a couple of weeks ago did as well, I'm not saying they are linked in any way to bikers, just saying that barbershops have been in the news recently

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish some of our players get stood down. Please someone set Lewis up.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
a barbershop close by in Beenleigh burnt down mysteriously earlier in the week 2 weeks after opening and another one at Southport a couple of weeks ago did as well, I'm not saying they are linked in any way to bikers, just saying that barbershops have been in the news recently
Beats advertising I guess to bring in customers.

What happened to Tattoo parlours? I thought they were the defacto one for them.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
New TV series coming up: Underbelly- Barber Wars.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, the NRL needs to get more serious on these people who breach the rules. Automatic suspension for the rest of the season. You want to leave the bubble? Leave it for good.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nrl need to be solid about this. They need to breath every one. This is the rules and if you break them no more pay and stood down to a corona shot is found. But the bullshit media need to be less bias. Yes TPJ broke rules and should be punished. However there has been a stabbing at a game 3 in hospital. And the apparent stabler getting support from a player via Facebook. Stop the discrimination and treat all clubs the same. Slap parra and Penrith with a massive fine and points pending loss as bringing the game into disrepute. If it was dogs the club would been punished this way.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Beats advertising I guess to bring in customers.

What happened to Tattoo parlours? I thought they were the defacto one for them.
Can't be owned by bikies or associates under new licensing anymore.

Barbers is the new go to for washing cash I guess, is a full cash business so probably not the dumbest idea.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reeks of player manager involvement.

TPJ - "How can I get out of my contract"
PM - "My other clients are Mongols, leave it with me"