Opinion Biggest game of season?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im really nervous for this week, I feel this game is massive for us, we have a better side than the raiders and they have been in terrible form, really is a winnable game and if im not wrong a chance for Baz to win 2 in a row for the first time? Feel like if we lose all the hope from last week will be deflated as lets be honest, the Raiders are looking shit and without Wighton especially, there for the taking. Really, really need to gain some momentum because the next 4 matches we have, we should really be winning atleast 3 with our side on paper, if we dont, Baz who I believe should be gone anyway already, deffo needs to be sacked.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
These next two games are probably the biggest games for the club in the last 3 years. Gus and Tbaz have been saying we have improved well now is the time to show it.

Stringing 3 wins on the trot would be a huge step forward and show that the Roosters game wasn’t a fluke. No game should be treated as a gimme with this side but the next two are winnable and there’s really no excuses.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loving JAC passion and it seemed to rub off last week, showed some desperation in defence and getting the attitudes of these guys right is really a big key agree, this is the litmus test we need to win this one.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we defend like last week and Flano, Burto and JMK are our only first receivers we’ll be ok. I’m nervous because I feel like this game for the raiders is as important to them as our game last week v roosters. I just hope the boys treat this game with the same respect.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can really set our season up by winning the next few. For the first time there’s a bit of optimism about actually winning a few on the trot.

No doubt they’ll repay this optimism with 4 straight losses.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lot of big games this year, chasing two in a row is a great thing for Canterbury.
Every team used to love the Bulldogs scalp.
Nearly every game is semi final intensity for the squad these days.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we defend like last week and Flano, Burto and JMK are our only first receivers we’ll be ok. I’m nervous because I feel like this game for the raiders is as important to them as our game last week v roosters. I just hope the boys treat this game with the same respect.
Defense. We do alright when we dont give away dumb penalties and 6 agains.
Last week we didnt get hammered with 6 agains and we didnt against our win against cows. We were better disciplined in the ruck which helped.
The attitude was there. We gave ourselves a chance and showed improvement I thought.
Defensively we can keep improving.

Attack. We still cant score points. I see no improvement.

Fact is you need to score points to win games.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ultimately we'll manage to get a roll on and put a big score on a couple of teams over the next few weeks.

Heading into the tail end of the season it'd be nice if we knew we're not Ong the easy beats.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dream draw next 3-4 weeks

If we can’t beat the 14th placed team missing Wighton and or the 16th placed team then just forfeit remainder of year
You are 100% right Uce.

I'd love to say we turned the corner against the roosters, but like you said, if we can't beat these 3 teams there is no point.

Last edited:

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Defense. We do alright when we dont give away dumb penalties and 6 agains.
Last week we didnt get hammered with 6 agains and we didnt against our win against cows. We were better disciplined in the ruck which helped.
The attitude was there. We gave ourselves a chance and showed improvement I thought.
Defensively we can keep improving.

Attack. We still cant score points. I see no improvement.

Fact is you need to score points to win games.
While I agree you need to score to win, I also like Wayne Bennetts statement that if you can keep the opposition to 12 points or less you’re always a sniff to get the W.
Our clubs old DNA was belting the fuck outta the opposition until they’re gassed and just maintaining intensity for longer than they do. Need to get back to that.
I also believe the attack will get better (provided Jacko removes himself from first reciever). We gotta remember this is a very new team. Burto and flano have played 4 games together. Dufty 8 games together. It’s building slowly and when it clicks the points will come.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep. This is the biggest game of the season for Bulldogs. Even with Wighton out bookies have canberra as slight favourites due to home ground advantage. Two desperate teams and two coaches that do not want to be giving another losing press conference. I’m banking on Adam Elliot to make two handling errors to give us the edge.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think up to this point we've been unfairly criticised. Most of our games have been against the top teams with only our losses against Brisbane twice being frustrating.

If we lose these upcoming games though, it shows the crisitism was warranted and we are a joke.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are favourites to win this game, if we lose this game it will undo almost all the work we have done this year. We need to bring an 80 minute defensive effort and with continued development of our attack, I think we will score more points tomorrow than any other game this year. If we go on to win, it will depend on our defense.