Bigger pack!!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a no brainer??
We need some size and aggression on the field. Last I seen we conceed most metres against us and still run out with some of the smallest forwards in the game.
Surely having Tolman, Jackson and Elliot starting is a stupid idea.. am I the only one who sees this? Having maybe Jackson start as lock and Tolman can interchange with him. Elliot probably doesn't deserve a spot as we won't need two small bodies on the bench.
Here's what I think must be our team, locked in for a couple of weeks.

8. Napa
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Toomaga
15. Fualolo
16. Sue
17. Tolman

Now I'm not expecting miracles but can we start ripping in and start bashing *****. Please.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Definitely need some bigger bodies, we’re getting monstered in the middle and the ruck, and it’s making it hard for our halves, they have no space to work in, actually thought Foran looked good moving with the ball, he just needs some quicker play the balls and better hole runners and the line breaks will come

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a no brainer??
We need some size and aggression on the field. Last I seen we conceed most metres against us and still run out with some of the smallest forwards in the game.
Surely having Tolman, Jackson and Elliot starting is a stupid idea.. am I the only one who sees this? Having maybe Jackson start as lock and Tolman can interchange with him. Elliot probably doesn't deserve a spot as we won't need two small bodies on the bench.

8. Napa
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Toomaga
15. Fualolo
16. Sue
17. Tolman

Now I'm not expecting miracles but can we start ripping in and start bashing *****. Please.
I agree. We need some size. Last weekend when that giant Storm forward ran over Fualalo etc to score the try he made them look like midgets. When we had big forwards like Kas etc even when we lost I used to enjoy us causing some havoc on the defensive line. Toomaga had a great season in ISP last year and can offload regularly at least. I thought we should go with something like

CHN
Jackson
Ogden
Napa
Brown
Toomaga

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been a long time since dogs pack bashed anyone... 2006???
This.

It's the most disappointing thing about Pay and what I thought he would bring to the table.

Putting the Mongrel back in to the Dogs..

Teams use to dred the thought of the physical pain of playing us, now they just see 2 points and a training run.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lacking size yes, but the lack in general is the most worrying thing, nothing is working in 2019..!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Toomaga needs to come in asap. Him and Napa are the only big men at our club and Napa is absent.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a no brainer??

8. Napa
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Toomaga
15. Fualolo
16. Sue
17. Tolman

I heard Pay has actually got a plan to fix the size and aggression problem, he's scouting midgets, his new game plan is why run over the opposition when you can run under the opposition and we won't be known as the Bulldogs anymore but the teacup puppies or the sausage dogs, Pay also said with this plan he guarantees 3 premierships in the next 5 years, not to us but other teams of course.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So much for bringing the madness. Our pack plays like they're in a pillow fight rather than a physical battle.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a no brainer??

8. Napa
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Toomaga
15. Fualolo
16. Sue
17. Tolman

I'd go along with your forward pack, however we also need a good kicking game to match the other teams, failing to do so will only tire our forwards out more than the opposition pack.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only Madness we are bringing this year...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not the size of the pack, but the size of the engine.

Teams with far smaller more mobile packs are doing way better than us this year.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Teams with far smaller more mobile packs are doing way better than us this year.
Hit the nail on the head. Look at Canberra, Bateman, Horsbrough, Sutton, Whitehead and Lui would all be average or below average size for their respective positions but they all play hard, are mobile and have decent fitness.
A big pack can make you feel all warm and fuzzy but doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Look at Fualalo, at 115kg he's one of our biggest forwards but is average at best.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We lose the ruck both with the ball & defending. It’s hard to manage a game if you don’t dominate. Foran died his best to spearhead & shape our attack but he has few allies. This is why we’re losing games.
Really hard to watch. Going through our roster (it’s diabolical how inept we are across the park in every position, in skill & athleticism which the Dogs we’re renowned for up until 15 years ago.its been a slippery slide since)there are no standouts & no hopefuls in Canterbury Cup right now. Napa, Ogden excluded.

Last edited: