No Source Big Hooker News. Inside info

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sold on B.Smith as a hooker. Most of the impressive stuff in his game comes on the back of second row plays.
Also, with his build, he will develop even bigger, and will need to play backrow.
He's unorthodox, very skilful, creative and competes on everything. A second rower can't kick 40/20's. I think he'd have a bigger impact than what Koroisau has had at the Panthers if he joined us, obviously our team as a whole is a lot worse. If we're being picky* with B. Smith we don't deserve a hooker.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's unorthodox, very skilful, creative and competes on everything. A second rower can't kick 40/20's. I think he'd have a bigger impact than what Koroisau has had at the Panthers if he joined us, obviously our team as a whole is a lot worse. If we're being picking with B. Smith we don't deserve a hooker.
Have to tip my hat to you there Bradmiester... I agree.. when he played hooker for the kiwis he was a machine... I think Melbourne just being a tad selfish trying to mould him into a lock so they can keep both B Smith and H Grant.. why wouldn’t you if you could? He would make a massive difference to us if we could score his signature..

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sold on B.Smith as a hooker. Most of the impressive stuff in his game comes on the back of second row plays.
Also, with his build, he will develop even bigger, and will need to play backrow.
You're obsessed with acting like he will end up "bigger", when he probably puts on that weight to handle the back row in Bellamys system.

He won't get "bigger" in a full off season playing at hooker.

Reactions: GDR

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably should go nuts for B.Smith and Carr now. Both big personalities and coming from a professional system. Probably should have thrown a healthy checque at Welch too and we would have strengthened 3 key areas in one swoop. Shit business.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's the bet tigers keep Grant storm keep cheese and we get fucking nothing.
I can see Grant at Storm and B.Smith at Tigers.. hope I’m very wrong, we need one of these two 9s or we try and negotiate a break of contract that mutually works between clubs... outside of that, we’d have to look at UK super league which has some talent.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah grant coming out saying this week, if cameron stays I’ll definitely be moving on, never said to tigers though, pretty sure that hurried up smiths descion . Cheese is the only option now.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Smith retires I can’t see Storm letting Grant go. And to be honest I think B Smith will stay also.
We don’t need JAC especially at Fullback, don’t see anything at this stage that he would be a top class fullback. Winger yeah but a no for me. We have enough wingers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Smith retires I can’t see Storm letting Grant go. And to be honest I think B Smith will stay also.
We don’t need JAC especially at Fullback, don’t see anything at this stage that he would be a top class fullback. Winger yeah but a no for me. We have enough wingers
So you want to go into 2021 basically with our current roster? If we're not signing players like B. Smith, Grant, Burton and JAC I don't see who else there is to actually sign. Welch and Staines were other options and they've just re-signed There's nothing left. Why have we even allowed ourselves to get into this situation?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want to go into 2021 basically with our current roster? If we're not signing players like B. Smith, Grant, Burton and JAC I don't see who else there is to actually sign. Welch and Staines were other options and they've just re-signed There's nothing left. Why have we even allowed ourselves to get into this situation?
I dont think thats what hes saying, id love Smith, Burton or Grant but if C.Smith resigns its unlikely we ll get Smith or Grant, Burton is a must and id pay huge money to Smith to try and sway him away from Storm. We CANNOT go into next season with this roster or we will be taking that spoon.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont think anybody wants to go into next year with the same roster mate but at the end of the day were still nowhere near an attractive destination for any off contract players. I think our only half chances are Burton and Hetherington if neither of them sign I think its a real chance we go into next year as is or with fringe first graders at best from other clubs. I really hope im wrong and we can snag a few more because God I miss us playing finals.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ummm no, where did I say that. I don’t think a prop like Welch would have done much for us to be honest, and never mentioned anyone like that. If we get a prop we need a big solid unit (Paulo mould)

Did I mention Burton no, I really hope we snag him will be a great addition. JAC with what we have I can’t see us improving much by just signing him.
Hopefully Green gets a coaching gig, would love to see D Clarke come in, Burton and big prop (none available unless released). Hooker and Half is a must for us, it’s obvious.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ummm no, where did I say that. I don’t think a prop like Welch would have done much for us to be honest, and never mentioned anyone like that. If we get a prop we need a big solid unit (Paulo mould)

Did I mention Burton no, I really hope we snag him will be a great addition. JAC with what we have I can’t see us improving much by just signing him.
Hopefully Green gets a coaching gig, would love to see D Clarke come in, Burton and big prop (none available unless released). Hooker and Half is a must for us, it’s obvious.
My point is we can't be picky with what's "available". Otherwise we're going into next year with the roster as is and signing squad players that're going to make little difference. There's nothing wrong with JAC at fullback (I would of preferred others but they're all locked away now). Considering everything I think he's a good option.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's the bet tigers keep Grant storm keep cheese and we get fucking nothing.
I dont think that can happen. Sure we might get nothing but Grant only has a get out clause if Cam Smith stays on. Im sure he's signed to the Storm.