No Source Big Hooker News. Inside info

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way it's going Daryl Clark is going to be our only option. Hook loves a hard working 9 as he had McCullough at Broncos and he will want Hunt at 7 so McInnes won't be going anywhere... I don't expect us to get the cheese either

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My point is we can't be picky with what's "available". Otherwise we're going into next year with the roster as is and signing squad players that're going to make little difference. There's nothing wrong with JAC at fullback (I would of preferred others but they're all locked away now). Considering everything I think he's a good option.
So make do with an overpriced winger at fullback. Sounds like something we would do.
No thanks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So make do with an overpriced winger at fullback. Sounds like something we would do.
No thanks
Agree on this. So many clamouring for JAC to be bought to play at fullback, but I simply wouldn't want to take the risk. Prefer sticking with Meaney personally and putting the money to other positions where we can spend and use it better.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way it's going Daryl Clark is going to be our only option. Hook loves a hard working 9 as he had McCullough at Broncos and he will want Hunt at 7 so McInnes won't be going anywhere... I don't expect us to get the cheese either
Feel that going to English may be our only choice. Not just for hooker but another prop too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree on this. So many clamouring for JAC to be bought to play at fullback, but I simply wouldn't want to take the risk. Prefer sticking with Meaney personally and putting the money to other positions where we can spend and use it better.
After all that’s been said etc, much prefer to keep Meaney.. The Fox doesn’t deserve to wear the blue and white.!$! End of.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After all that’s been said etc, much prefer to keep Meaney.. The Fox doesn’t deserve to wear the blue and white.!$! End of.
I'm torn. He's got talent but on the wing. We've been burnt enough in playing wingers as fullbacks, or wingers as centres. We should buy players for the positions they play.

And we don't need a winger really. Would much prefer a centre or fullback

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think JAC at fullback might be worth a go, a few years ago I wouldn't have gone there as the big thing was to have a passing fullback that could play as another half but when you look at the top four teams this year all 4 fullbacks are running fullbacks with speed and strength which carr has plenty of 600k is fair as long as we can still have a good crack at getting Burton and either B Smith or an English dummy half.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jac wants back to Sydney, but clubs aren't giving Storm a replacement, we give em DWZ, tell Jac he is on the wing, might be his option to move back here, win win for all of us.
Meaney fullback, Cotric and Jac, finally speed to burn out there, finally some threats in our backline

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think JAC at fullback might be worth a go, a few years ago I wouldn't have gone there as the big thing was to have a passing fullback that could play as another half but when you look at the top four teams this year all 4 fullbacks are running fullbacks with speed and strength which carr has plenty of 600k is fair as long as we can still have a good crack at getting Burton and either B Smith or an English dummy half.
Top 4 teams have the top halves/hookers in the game.

We have Lewis and JMK

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Top 4 teams have the top halves/hookers in the game.

We have Lewis and JMK
We also have the slowest fullback in the NRL (I didn't double check). I do think Hopoate's our best option at fullback currently (ball playing, safe under the high ball and good defensively if he can actually get there), but I do think he needs to get back to right centre asap.

Reactions: DDR

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand all the talk about JAC and I thought he was linked more to the Tigers. Makes sense after McGuire cut their favourite for next season and no doubt a few more will be shown the door. From what I heard the ‘Dogs have had talks with him and his manager but it didn’t last long and they withdrew whatever offer they had after it was rumoured his manager was asking for believe it or not 900K for a F’N winger! Yes he’s fast and dynamic but 2 to 3 hundred thousand more than any winger is worth no matter how good they are. In the words of Mr Kerrigan, “Tell ‘em they’re dreaming”.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have the slowest fullback in the NRL (I didn't double check). I do think Hopoate's our best option at fullback currently (ball playing, safe under the high ball and good defensively if he can actually get there), but I do think he needs to get back to right centre asap.
Won’t be happening. When interviewed Hopoate said himself that his preferred position is and was FB. If the club wants to keep him, he’ll be playing FB. If they don’t, tell him they have other options in that position and would see him as more valuable to the team back in the centre’s. Another way of saying you’re free to look around.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Won’t be happening. When interviewed Hopoate said himself that his preferred position is and was FB. If the club wants to keep him, he’ll be playing FB. If they don’t, tell him they have other options in that position and would see him as more valuable to the team back in the centre’s. Another way of saying you’re free to look around.
Hopoate will do what's best for the team. If we sign a fullback he'll be moving to centre. He's under contract and has swapped from fullback to centre in the past and re-signed knowing it's very well possible (more than likely) he's going back into the centres, if not next year the year after.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We really should have got sterling as Canberra habe hodgson and Havili

Sterling is 80% the player Grant is at 50% of the price
I quoted it weeks ago niff nuff , we did offer him a contract but so did about 6 other clubs. He decided to stay and be loyal
The only oil you get is by re quoting things you here or read

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel that going to English may be our only choice. Not just for hooker but another prop too.
I Agree. Its not a bad fishing ground. Its worked out very well for the raiders and their recruitment manager (mulholland) is no mug.

Daryl Clark would be an excellent signing. He's exactly the kind of 9 we need. He's a strong, tough little bugger and is very dynamic in attack. For the life of me, I don't know why he's not in the NRL. He would make the transition hands down.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I Agree. Its not a bad fishing ground. Its worked out very well for the raiders and their recruitment manager (mulholland) is no mug.

Daryl Clark would be an excellent signing. He's exactly the kind of 9 we need. He's a strong, tough little bugger and is very dynamic in attack. For the life of me, I don't know why he's not in the NRL. He would make the transition hands down.
I rate Mulholland as the best in League.. Guy is a talent spotting freak.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rate Mulholland as the best in League.. Guy is a talent spotting freak.
We were killing it when he was here no coincidence once he left we went downhill,ill be very interested who we get now