No Source Big Hooker News. Inside info

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$600k for B.Smith seems low? If he being signed as the starting 9
He knows he will be able to rape us big time as we are that desperate.

Peats is the plan B? Jesus.
He would be desperate too, sitting behind Smith & Grant at Melbourne.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ha..we'll see. No one but us. We are paying DWZ $550K, Napa $600K, Jackson $750K, Thompson $800K.
That's why it's bizarre to think we'll get Smith for 600k. It's not like we're going to be the only club after his signature. Not sure how he's desperate to join us. Smith would be one of our highest paid players imo.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's why it's bizarre to think we'll get Smith for 600k. It's not like we're going to be the only club after his signature. Not sure how he's desperate to join us. Smith would be one of our highest paid players imo.
Exactly we will raped as usual. IF he even considers coming to the Bulldogs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be desperate too, sitting behind Smith & Grant at Melbourne.
Really desperate? You don't think there will be a biding war if he asks for a release from Melbourne.
He's not going to take the first offer to come along.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
600 might be a bit low, but just how good a hooker is he?

Can smith is 800, as is Damien cook.

If that's the yardstick, and even if you adjust for paying overs and the increased influence of the take, I still can't see him more than 700. Maybe a cheeky fiddy extra the first year as a sign on bonus

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really desperate? You don't think there will be a biding war if he asks for a release from Melbourne.
He's not going to take the first offer to come along.
With a reduced salary cap, most clubs would not be in a position to get into a bidding war, unless some sort of agreement is made to proportionally reduce salaries. This doesn't exist at the moment.

And he is desperate to play Hooker so he would take take a reduced offer for a year to prove himself until the player market settles into a new equilibrium.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With a reduced salary cap, most clubs would not be in a position to get into a bidding war, unless some sort of agreement is made to proportionally reduce salaries. This doesn't exist at the moment.

And he is desperate to play Hooker so he would take take a reduced offer for a year to prove himself until the player market settles into a new equilibrium.
Tell him he's dreaming.

This reduction in the salary will be with agreement of the RLPA and will be implemented across the board.

Players off contract in November are not going to wear all the the reduction in salary by themselves.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Reduced salary cap shouldn't affect a bidding war at all.

Basically life is the same just 10% smaller salaries

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not if an agreement isn't reached.

And as yet it hasn't.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not if an agreement isn't reached.

And as yet it hasn't.
So its not confirmed salaries for 2021 are being reduced?
I thought it had?
And i can see players protesting, but would be shocked if theres not a cobtractual clause stating it ciuld be if theres something that would cause it, like a reduced pay tv deal.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
600 might be a bit low, but just how good a hooker is he?

Can smith is 800, as is Damien cook.

If that's the yardstick, and even if you adjust for paying overs and the increased influence of the take, I still can't see him more than 700. Maybe a cheeky fiddy extra the first year as a sign on bonus
C. Smith is on 800k on the salary cap, gets 200k verteran allowance as well. The Storm are also a top team . The Rabbitohs at the time Cook re-signed were also a top 6 (?) team and they also already had him on their books so it was an upgrade. I think if a top team needed a hooker and wanted B. Smith they'd offer around 500k. We're a bottom team who just got the wooden spoon. We'll be offering contracts similar to the Titans. Then what happens when the Titans, Tigers, Warriors, etc come in?

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I've divulged a little too much info. But he isn't a cleaner or security guard. He has a little more closer access to the management meetings, as a result of something that always happens during meetings at Bulldogs HQ.

But he will get fired if he is found out so can't say too much more
Image result for But I've told you too much already

"But I've told you too much already"

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
C. Smith is on 800k on the salary cap, gets 200k verteran allowance as well. The Storm are also a top team . The Rabbitohs at the time Cook re-signed were also a top 6 (?) team and they also already had him on their books so it was an upgrade. I think if a top team needed a hooker and wanted B. Smith they'd offer around 500k. We're a bottom team who just got the wooden spoon. We'll be offering contracts similar to the Titans. Then what happens when the Titans, Tigers, Warriors, etc come in?
Smith doesn't get the 200, it's offset against the cap.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sold on B.Smith as a hooker. Most of the impressive stuff in his game comes on the back of second row plays.
Also, with his build, he will develop even bigger, and will need to play backrow.