Big Bash League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big bash season is among us who is your team?

Go the Sixers!

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't mind it for a bit of fun during the league offseason.

Can get a bit boring at times with the swing miss, swing hit, swing miss but all the action and excitment it does create with the close games, great catches, balls and shots makes up for that.

I like the Heat and Scorchers sides most although I think the 6ers will be hardest to beat.

Unreal nail biter tonight! 4 off the last ball to win was awesome. Oh and 'dat catch awwwww

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
The Hurricanes!

Last nights game was an absolute beauty. Back and forth nail-biter, everything T20 is supposed to be (unlike Stars vs Scorchers the night before.)

Thunder vs Renegedes tonight. Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels set to joi their respective teams for this one. I give the edge to the Renegedes, because the Thunder rely so heavily on Gayle.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sydney Thunder!

I agree the team is too reliant on Gayle firing but they are a lot more balanced this season. Don't really think they're a chance of winning it though.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Sydney Thunder!

I agree the team is too reliant on Gayle firing but they are a lot more balanced this season. Don't really think they're a chance of winning it though.
I just think that it'll be hard forthem to score 160+if Gayle gets out cheaply and then it's left up to Chris Rogers and Usman Khawaja, not exactly known for their ability to score quickly.
I also think it's ridiculous that Cosgrove isn't playing, how is he not in the XI? He and Chris Gayle would b a great opening partnership not too much running between the wcket, but tonnes of boundaries. Not to mention the fact that Cozzie is one of the form batsmen in the Shield.

But hey he's a bit heavy so he obviously can't play cricket just llike those tubby no-names Merv Hughes and D.Boon

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The Hurricanes!

Last nights game was an absolute beauty. Back and forth nail-biter, everything T20 is supposed to be (unlike Stars vs Scorchers the night before.)

Thunder vs Renegedes tonight. Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels set to joi their respective teams for this one. I give the edge to the Renegedes, because the Thunder rely so heavily on Gayle.
Definately going for the Sixers

How good was that game last night. Just when you thought one team was getting on top something would happen to swing the momentum. I think Polliard used up all his luck last night with that runout. Like one of the commentators said last night you could watch another 1000 games and not see a runout like that again. Good to see teams chasing down the targets too. For a while there was a period where if you batted first you were almost guaranteed to win but has made it more exciting now that chasing teams are starting to be successful

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Pollard was extremely lucky with bat and ball, alot of his runs were lucky, but mostly it was the fact that he bowled four pretty effective overs of his (very) medium pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.