Opinion Biblical Barrett?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt we’ll have to wait that long... we’ll know by the end of 2021
i couldnt disagree any more with that sentiment .. i thought Hasler was our Saviour after 2012 and youd be hard pressed finding a doggies supporter that didnt believe the same ...

It wasnt until we started seeing his recruitment/retention methods and poor game plans in the following years, that we saw his true colours.....

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
See how he goes. He definitely says the right things & seems to know what he wants from his players. I’m not expecting any miracles from the bloke off the bat but if he can improve our attack and keep us competing on a consistent basis while improving where we finish on the ladder I’ll be happy ...... for now.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After the poor showing by our team for years now, a lot of us will believe the improvement when we see it, but Barrett is making all the right moves so far. At least this year it feels like somethings different. There is hope. I think the improvement will be immediate. Maybe not premiers 2021, but a damned sight better than recent years

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
i couldnt disagree any more with that sentiment .. i thought Hasler was our Saviour after 2012 and youd be hard pressed finding a doggies supporter that didnt believe the same ...

It wasnt until we started seeing his recruitment/retention methods and poor game plans in the following years, that we saw his true colours.....
Seeing the worst in everything is just a fear of failure...it’s just an excuse not to get hurt if the milk turns sour. TB should have full support going into battle. All the negative talk should be saved for if he does fail.

headphonehouse

New Pup
Reaction score
Footy isnt that hard.

Train Hard, Play to Win, Buy into the Team Direction and listen to your Coach.

If TB can ensure 100% of our boys do this 100% of the time then it will be a good season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seeing the worst in everything is just a fear of failure...it’s just an excuse not to get hurt if the milk turns sour. TB should have full support going into battle. All the negative talk should be saved for if he does fail.
You are going off on a completely different tangent.. I'm not being negative, in fact I said I am hopeful he is our savior. All I'm saying is success as a coach shouldn't be judged on the first 12 months of his tenure.. especially if he doesn't meet the high expectations that some fans have set, in my experience that is when milk goes sour when people have unrealistic expectations. I more interested in his ability to set up our team for long term success and I'm willing to give him more than 12 months to prove it...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent won a single game with him yet.
Thinks he's still 20, walking around ripped with abs.
Bet the players love him too.
Making the players coming back a week earlier from there xmas break, Elliot never even had a chance to break out the vinyl and spin a few Neil Diamond records in his birthday suit.
Players said they havent trained this hard in years, sounds like a dictatorship to me.
Havent seen any cross's taped on walls during the training vids, why were they taken down? Took the old coaching staff months to put them up.
He's let all our talent go and signed younger players. We had players that fianlly had 50 games under their belt. Not to mention Foran still had another 2-3 good years of rehab in him.
I dunno, its going to be a long couple of years.
Yea Yea, Foran could have spent the next 2-3 years in rehab with us on big money.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the moment if 2021 pans out like this:
1. If we perform poorly he has still done better than Pay. The team are more professional, recruitment has improved and the coaching staff appear to know what they are doing.
or
2. We perform very well and are at least middle of the pack and all those impressions from Point 1 are confirmed AND it is confirmed Barrett can coach.
Either way, for the first time in about five years I am happy with where we are at going into a season. I would be ecstatic if we had Burton and Addo-Carr here for 2021, but can't have everything.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biblical Barrett hey.
If he can turn water into wine , then do expect him to turn Lachlan Lewis into a Wally Lewis.
Unfortunately not even the divine intervention can turn this dud into anything remotely useful for the team.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Biblical Barrett hey.
If he can turn water into wine , then do expect him to turn Lachlan Lewis into a Wally Lewis.
Unfortunately not even the divine intervention can turn this dud into anything remotely useful for the team.
Even the big fella upstairs can have an off day..hahaha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Biblical Barrett hey.
I can turn wine into urine. I'm not claiming deity status for that though. It'll take a fair few concussions to turn Lachlan Lewis into a present day version of Wally Lewis who supposedly has memory issues these days. Plenty of peopl here would gladly support him in that endeavor.

In all honesty Lachlan Lewis was touted as a pretty good signing when we bought him to the club. He supposedly had pretty good vision and ability to direct the team back then. And he did look good in his debut season when we had a few more strike players in the backline if memory serves me correctly. So if Barrett can improve his game I wouldn't be completely surprised.

In all honesty T-Baz arrived at a great time to make a good impression. I'm not writing off the fact that he's probably helped us make some good signings with the hype surrounding him. But finally having something of a warchest would obviously have helped too. And the bar is very low for improvement when he has just three wins to compete with despite the fact that one more try from us would have earned wins in numerous games. Once again I'll say that a few more strike players in the backline might have made those match winning tries easier to come by.

It's going to take a stellar year year for me to start thinking he's our savior. I expect that with an improved roster he should find it easier to direct the team to more success. But I won't be in a hurry to write him off either.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Biblical Barrett.....hmmmm......Is that a good thing considering what has happened with Israel Falou.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Questions regarding Barrett..
Then asking for opinions regarding Barrett
It’s not rocket science champ
lol relax pal
i dunno man the use of some of your terms...
biblical hahahaha. Its a bit of an exaggeration isn't it? Chosen one hahaha
just take it down a notch, hes an unproven coach as far as most are concerned.
Made all the right moves thus far, but a ball has not been kicked as of yet.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol relax pal
i dunno man the use of some of your terms...
biblical hahahaha. Its a bit of an exaggeration isn't it? Chosen one hahaha
just take it down a notch, hes an unproven coach as far as most are concerned.
Made all the right moves thus far, but a ball has not been kicked as of yet.
There is a question mark after the title..
And I asked if Barrett was the ‘Chosen One’
I am not implying anything,merely asking a question and giving my opinion on what he has done so far