Bianca Dye Vs Jennifer Hawkins

Who is the 'healthier average body shape' role model?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Bianca Dye slams Hawkins over nude shoot

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/990050/bianca-dye-slams-hawkins-over-nude-shoot

Radio host Bianca Dye has slammed an Aussie magazine for using a series of "untouched" nude photographs of Jennifer Hawkins to promote positive body image among women.

PHOTOS: Untouched celebrity magazine covers

"How is she a role model for body image if the average woman looks nothing like her?" Dye told the Nine Network's TODAY show this morning.

Hawkins, a former Miss Universe, appears without Photoshop airbrushing on the cover of Marie Claire this month.

Dye, a size 14, stripped naked for Madison magazine in November as part of a similar campaign.

"She's a lingerie model ... how brave is it for her to take her clothes off?" Dye said.

"You don't need airbrushing love, look at you.

"No wonder there are so many eating disorders out there."

Dye, who hosts the breakfast show on i98 FM in Wollongong, said she thought Hawkins was a "nice girl" and did not want to be seen as "bashing" her or the magazine.

But she admitted when she saw the magazine it was a "bit of a slap in the face to people like myself".

"Have we just taken 20 steps backwards?" she said.

Marie Claire editor Jackie Frank said the new shots of Hawkins would raise funds for the Butterfly Foundation, an eating disorder support group.

She said the shoot was inspired by a magazine survey that found only 23 percent of women were happy with their bodies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Shush up Bianca Dye you fat c.unt

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
shes a size 14 boots! Thats our average body shape AND shes a tall girl so her bmi would not make her fat

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I was totally just thinking that Kenny, lol.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
she is slouched back!! If she was sitting up straight it wouldnt look like that!!

Im a size 12 and i would love to have a belly like hers.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty stupid using Jennifer Hawkins naked to promote positive body image. But then again thats what people want to see on the cover not the other girl.

So in answer to the question Who is the 'healthier average body shape' role model?

I think Dye is a better average bodyshape model as she actually has an average bodyshape.

But Jennifer Hawkins as a model looks healthier.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
She doesn't look that bad guys. But IMO Jennifer is the better role model. She isn't stick thin, but she is beautiful and HEALTHY. That's the key for me, being healthy and fit and it's obvious she takes the time to look after herself! But yeah Bianca definitely isn't fat.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Bianca Dye isn't fat, but Jennifer Hawkins is hardly ridiculously thin either. I think they are both good promoters because although they both have different body shape, its pretty evident they both are healthy, which is what they are both trying to promote anyway! It's more important that this is being promoted rather than it being swept under the carpet, so good on them both.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Jen is hot.

Bianca is a fat loud mouth bitter c.unt

this is all

hth

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
It is pretty stupid using Jennifer Hawkins naked to promote positive body image. But then again thats what people want to see on the cover not the other girl.

So in answer to the question Who is the 'healthier average body shape' role model?

I think Dye is a better average bodyshape model as she actually has an average bodyshape.

But Jennifer Hawkins as a model looks healthier.
The shoot for the mag was done by the butterfly foundation which is a support group for people with eating disorders so why put someone on there who is healthier as opposed to average. It's retarded.

Why they would put someone who is a model and is paid to work out on the cover to promote their foundation is absurd.

Bianca dye said jennier hawkins is not one who has ever had to worry about her weight which is a very valid point. Hawkins is naturally slender and even if she wasnt modelling and toned she would still be thin and look fitter than someone like dye who genetically is prone to weight gain.

So stupid.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
As if the other chick isnt overweight. Im not saying Jennifer Hawkins is ideal weight but I think the Dye would certainly be classed as overweight.

10-12 is more normal weight imo.
Any size bigger than 12 is fat. Agreed. hth

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bianca Dye isn't fat, but Jennifer Hawkins is hardly ridiculously thin either. I think they are both good promoters because although they both have different body shape, its pretty evident they both are healthy, which is what they are both trying to promote anyway! It's more important that this is being promoted rather than it being swept under the carpet, so good on them both.
As if the other chick isnt overweight. Im not saying Jennifer Hawkins is ideal weight but I think the Dye would certainly be classed as overweight.

10-12 is more normal weight imo.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
shes a 14 and a tall *****. Her bmi would not be overweight.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I said to my misses "once that babies out, you have 6 months to get back down to size 10-12, i aint hanging with no Bianca Dye".

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shoot for the mag was done by the butterfly foundation which is a support group for people with eating disorders so why put someone on there who is healthier as opposed to average. It's retarded.

Why they would put someone who is a model and is paid to work out on the cover to promote theyre foundation is absurd.

Bianca dye said jennier hawkins is not one who has ever had to worry about her weight which is a very valid point. Hawkins is naturally slender and even if she wasnt modelling and toned she would still be thin and look fitter than someone like dye who genetically is prone to weight gain.

So stupid.
Yeh I think having hawkins on there promoting body image is stupid and having the Dye lady on a mag promoting health would be stupid

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Biance Dye is soooo not fat!

That's not fat.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the magazine's excuse is that even gorgeous models like Jennifer Hawkins can be self-conscious about their bodies. Fair enough.

But for the average woman who's a size 14, seeing Bianca Dye is going to give them reassurance that they are not alone in the world, and they are not unhealthy. In fact they are normal.

Seeing Jennifer Hawkins, air brushed or not, is just going to reinforce negative body image in the average woman. People are going to think "she's a model, this is what I am meant to look like". :uptight:

A person doesn't have to have such a lean, slender body to be healthy. For all we know they could both do the same amount of exercise and eat identical food, and still have the bodies they have now. Everyone's metabolism is different.

I know (from years ago) that a size 14 would be the healthiest size for me. When I was a size 12 my ribs started to show and that's not a good look for me. I would love to be size 14 again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.