Beyond Blue Footy Jumper Friday Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
http://beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=59.1130

Triple M's Footy Jumper Friday

Love your footy? Then here's your chance to show it by wearing your footy jumper or team colours to work or school on Friday April 24.

Triple M radio is proud to present the first national Footy Jumper Friday fundraiser which aims to raise awareness of depression and anxiety and to support the work of beyondblue.

All major footy codes are included - AFL, NRL, Super 14 and A-League.

beyondblue CEO Leonie Young said she is proud to endorse such a worthy event and hopes everyone would show their support for their team and beyondblue.

"We are very pleased that Triple M has got behind this drive to raise awareness of depression and anxiety. We all know Australians love their footy and this event is the perfect excuse to wear your team's colours with pride at the office, at school or wherever you may be.

"Currently, three million Australian adults are living with depression and anxiety, so raising awareness of these mental health problems is vital. Your support will ensure we can continue to work with all sections of the community to reduce the stigma and assist people to get the help they need.

"I will be wearing my Sydney Swans colours around the office with pride on Friday April 24 and I'm sure that's likely to ruffle our Chairman (and Hawthorn Club President) Jeff Kennett's feathers, but it's there's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly light-hearted competition."

National Executive Producer of Sport for Triple M, Lee Simon, says he's looking forward to seeing Aussies everywhere show their true colours on the day.

"Australians' love of sport is legendary and envied worldwide," he said. "It is our big escape every weekend and something we look forward to with great passion.

"Footy Jumper Friday harnesses that passion, provides an opportunity for everyone to have a bit of fun and lets us celebrate our competitive spirit - and believe me, there'll be plenty of that on the day!

"Footy Jumper Friday also provides Triple M with a great opportunity to partner with beyondblue and to provide support and awareness of beyondblue's tremendous work across the country - and across the codes."

If you'd like to support beyondblue, you can start your own fundraising group or join an existing fundraising group. Go to http://www.mycause.com.au/footyjumperfriday to sign up.

You can even find out if your mates have already started a fundraising group by using the search bar on the site.

The website includes a continually updated fundraising ladder so that you can check on how your team is performing at any time. Register now to get a head start on the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.