Better to be ThePCRealist90 than the Realist90

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'

Vatican City: Pope Francis delivered another criticism of some members of his own Church on Thursday, suggesting it is better to be an atheist than one of "many" Catholics who he said lead a hypocritical double life.

In improvised comments in the sermon of his private morning Mass in his residence, he said: "It is a scandal to say one thing and do another. That is a double life."

Pope critisises Myanmar's treatment of Muslims
Pope Francis issued strong defence of the Myanmar's Rohingya minority saying they had been tortured and killed because they wanted to live their Muslim faith.

"There are those who say 'I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'," the head of the 1.2 billion-member Roman Catholic Church said, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.

He said that some of these people should also say "'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life'."

"There are many Catholics who are like this and they cause scandal," he said. "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

Since his election in 2013, Francis has often told Catholics, both priests and lay people, to practice what their religion preaches.

Pope Francis Photo: AP
In his often impromptu sermons, he has condemned sexual abuse of children by priests as being tantamount to a "Satanic Mass", said Catholics in the mafia excommunicate themselves, and told his own cardinals to not act as if they were "princes".

Less than two months after his election, he said Christians should see atheists as good people if they do good.

Pope Francis Photo: AP
Reuters

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good ol' Franky. Pissing off as many Catholics as he can.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah bro where did I say atheists won't get to heaven and where did I say I'm better than them. I'm pretty sure I've got posts where I say an atheist can get into heaven before even I do.
I don't get your point you're trying to make with me.
You don't even understand what the pope was saying here.
He's not endorsing atheism, he still believes an atheist that knows Jesus yet rejects him won't be saved (according to our faith) but if an atheist doesn't know Jesus yet his heart is good and does good deeds he very well could get into heaven before a baptised Christian.
Also pretty funny that you the biggest hypocrite of all has the hypocritical balls to call m you out on an apparent hypocrisy

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah bro where did I say atheists won't get to heaven and where did I say I'm better than them. I'm pretty sure I've got posts where I say an atheist can get into heaven before even I do.
I don't get your point you're trying to make with me.
You don't even understand what the pope was saying here.
He's not endorsing atheism, he still believes an atheist that knows Jesus yet rejects him won't be saved (according to our faith) but if an atheist doesn't know Jesus yet his heart is good and does good deeds he very well could get into heaven before a baptised Christian.
Also pretty funny that you the biggest hypocrite of all has the hypocritical balls to call m you out on an apparent hypocrisy
Ffs you snowflake

Stop being so sensitive

I'm joking

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pope is no way endorsing atheism , i am with @Realist90

It is just like better to be an athiest or a any other religion than an ISIS muslim.

I respect this pope for obvious reasons.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So basically he's been reading the kennel and seeing the hypocracy in the religious threads ..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So this is the non edited version by the mainstream media who always try and change the words the pope say. This is straight from the Vatican radio.

(Vatican Radio) Don’t scandalize “the little ones” with a double life, because scandal destroys. That was the message of Pope Francis in his homily at the morning Mass at the Casa Santa Marta. And so, the Pope said, we should not put off conversion.

“Cut off your hand,” “Pluck out your eye,” but “don’t scandalize the little ones,” that is, the just, those who confide in the Lord, who believe simply in the Lord. That was the Pope’s exhortation in the homily, based on the day’s Gospel. For the Lord, he said, scandal is destruction:

“But what is scandal? Scandal is saying one thing and doing another; it is a double life, a double life. A totally double life: ‘I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this association and that one; but my life is not Christian, I don’t pay my workers a just wage, I exploit people, I am dirty in my business, I launder money…’ A double life. And so many Christians are like this, and these people scandalize others. How many times have we heard – all of us, around the neighbourhood and elsewhere – ‘but to be a Catholic like that, it’s better to be an atheist.’ It is that, scandal. You destroy. You beat down. And this happens every day, it’s enough to see the news on TV, or to read the papers. In the papers there are so many scandals, and there is also the great publicity of the scandals. And with the scandals there is destruction.”

The Pope gave the example of a company that was on the brink of failure. The leaders wanted to avoid a just strike, but the company had not done well, and they wanted to talk with the authorities of the company. The people didn’t have money for their daily needs because they had not received their wages. And the head of the company, a Catholic, was taking his winter vacation on a beach in the Middle East, and the people knew it, even if it hadn’t made the papers. “These are scandals,” Pope Francis said:

“Jesus talks, in the Gospel, about those who commit scandal, without saying the world ‘scandal,’ but it’s understood: But you will arrive in heaven and you will knock at the gate: ‘Here I am, Lord!’ – ‘But don’t you remember? I went to Church, I was close to you, I belong to this association, I did this… Don’t you remember all the offerings I made?’ ‘Yes, I remember. The offerings, I remember them: All dirty. All stolen from the poor. I don’t know you.’ That will be Jesus’ response to these scandalous people who live a double life.

“The double life comes from following the passions of the heart, the capital sins that are the wounds of original sin,” hiding the passions, but following them, the Pope explained. The first Reading, in fact, tells us that they do not satisfy, and not to trust in riches, to not say, “There’s enough for myself.” And so Pope Francis calls us to not put off conversion:

“It would be good for all of us, each one of us, today, to consider if there is something of a double life within us, of appearing just, of seeming to be good believers, good Catholics, but underneath doing something else; if there is something of a double life, if there is an excessive confidence: ‘But, sure, the Lord will eventually forgive everything, but I’ll keep going as I have been…’ If there is something saying, “Sure, this is not going well, I will convert, but not today: tomorrow.’ Let’s think about that. And let us profit from the Word of the Lord and consider the fact that on this point, the Lord is very strict. Scandal destroys.”

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So basically he's been reading the kennel and seeing the hypocracy in the religious threads ..
Nope have a look at my post, it's what the pope actually said. What eeee posted was a recycled article from the mainstream media to cause division within the Catholic community.
Too bad the Vatican has their own radio station and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.