Official Best wishes to dwz

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would’ve loved him to stay but just not on the big $$$ he was reportedly on
He’s a 400k player max and isn’t a fullback
He was never a fullback with the skills. Just shows how much Lynne and Hill actually know about footy. They also truly fell for the line that Thompson was the best prop in the world (because someone else said so). I hate to think what they actually signed him on

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
No way we get Shane Johnston this year. They are still in 8 contention.
Next year though.
DWZ was really surplus if we keep okenbor and Meaney

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not his fault at all. If we offered him 450k (which i think he is worth, especially as a great person to have amongst the team) he probally wouldve accepted, its not asif he had offers of big money elsewhere. Thats on the club, not him
What people also forget is when he signed we were considered even more poorly than now, an absolute basket case.
We were struggling to get any players to consider coming here.
We couldn't even get people to pretend they were interested in us to drive up their asking price elsewhere as they currently do with us now!
I'm not saying I'm not sorry to see him go. I know we can utilize some of what he was being paid in a more efficient manner to help the team.
Even though we are topping him up to play for the nz-ers.
He may not have been the most skillful player but you couldn't fault his commitment or how frequently he would put his body on the line.
I personally loved his return of the ball, i wish the rest of players had half the commitment to the jumper that he showed at these times.
It was all the other times he had me on edge, when he went to catch a kick, get up to play a ball...throw a ridiculous pass that worked on the old gut ulcer...& for those reasons I am happy to say thank you, good by & good luck to DWZ, a true warrior!

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good luck buddy, always ran 100mph no one can take that away from ya.
Can't begrudge taking the dollars,-well done DWZ- he is a top bloke. Can't imagine anyone falling out with him