Best Stadiums you have been to

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been overseas quite a bit in my time. These are the best stadiuns I have been to in order.

Cardiff Principality (formerly known as Millenium)
Wembley (new)
MCG
Wembley (old)
Marvel (formerly known as Etihad and Docklands)
Adelaide Oval
Lords Great Tradition but too small to be ranked above Australia's best cricket grounds.
Suncorp
Gabba
Twickenham (old).
Friends Arena in Stockholm
Parken in Copenhagen
Ullevi in Gothenbeg.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore Sports Ground.

I first went when I was 18 and in my first year of uni. It was awesome to finally enter the ground I'd only seen on TV growing up.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven't been os, so my comments are somewhat limited, but do believe you need to consider context when thinking about the stadium, as a shit contest can spoil the best stadium experience.
So with my (very) limited experience, its a toss up between Suncorp (SOO) & MCG (Ashes test).
If I had to chose raw emotion it would be Lang Park (circa 1986) Brisbane vs Manly in the AMACO (Panasonic) Cup or a SOO sometime in the early 80's (can't remember exactly when)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been overseas quite a bit in my time. These are the best stadiuns I have been to in order.

Wembley (new)
MCG
Wembley (old)
Adelaide Oval
Lords Great Tradition but too small to be ranked above Australia's best cricket grounds.
Suncorp
Gabba
Twickenham (old).
Parken in Copenhagen
Ullevi in Gothenbeg.
When i was in Brazillian i went to Maracaña stadium in Rio to watch Vasco V Flamenco, the greatest rivalry in brazillian football. It was fucking insane.
I went with a tour group from my hostel as it would have been too dangerous alone. Apparently the crowds can get completely out of control and riot, with people even being killed. Mental.
Anyway, we go to the game and there is riot police everywhere, armoured vehicles with water canons patrolling the streets, and a shitload of crazy fans. We finally found the way to our seats, and ordered some 0.2% alc/vol beer, which is all they allow inside the stadium.
Before the game started, it started pissing down rain, while lightning cracked in the distance.
From our seats we could see the Christ redeamer statue in the distance, with lightning lighting ip the sky around it. It was raining so hard that when the ball was kicked, it landed and stopped dead.
The atmosohere was insane!! The fans were separated, and they were playing massive drums and letting off flares everywhere. I have never seen anything like it.
I have also been to ANZ, the sydney showground, and the SFS. Hahaha

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
USA

Chicago - United Centre
New York - Yankee Stadium & Madison Square Garden
Boston - Gillette Stadium
Los Angeles - Staples Centre

Europe

Spain - Camp Nou, Santiago Bernabeu and Metropolitano Stadium
Italy - San Siro and Stadio San Paolo
England - Old Trafford, Wembley
Germany - Westfalenstadion

NZ

Mount Smart
Wellington

Australia (too many to name)

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wembley (new)
MCG
Wembley (old)
Adelaide Oval
Suncorp
Gabba
Twickenham (old).
Parken in Copenhagen
Ullevi in Gothenbeg.
Not a big sports fan, apart from the Dogs and Carlton.

Did attend an England-Ireland soccer match at the old Wembley stadium in 1974. Lucky to get out alive when the housebricks and darts started raining down on us. The charge into the crowd by the mounted police, when we were trying to leave the ground, was pretty frightening.
That was enough for me.