Best place for pizza

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO, the sauce makes or breaks the pizza (well, the bread does but it's close).

I use paste but mix stuff in it like herbs, chili, oregano, etc. I like a thicker, richer sauce as opposed to a watery, thin sauce. Yours does sound nice, though. Would definitely try it.
It does make for a thinner sauce but when I eat paste sauce I feel like I'm eating pure acid and I burp up shit for days. Don't get the same thing with tinned tomato.

Reactions: K E

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Probably going to be my biggest pet peeve living back in this area?

All these Afghan fucks who think they make the best pizza!

If it wasn't prepared and cooked by an Italian then it wasn't a pizza!
Rene's is an Italian restaurant. They make the best I've ever had in Sydney.

Apparently what I've heard though is the world's #1 pizzeria is in Tokyo with a Japanese chef. Legend has it this bloke went in search of the oldest, most traditional pizzeria in Italy and came across it and stayed there for a number of years studying the head chef's method and worked for him for years mastering it. The head chef eventually died and then the Japanese chef took his expertise and experience back to Tokyo and that's where it is now.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Don't know about Bankstown-Lidcombe but nearby in Croydon Park there's a place called Rene's Pizzeria - best woodfired pizza I've had.

https://www.menulog.com.au/restaurants-renes-pizzeria/menu
That’s funny and its very subjective but Renee’s is one of the worst pizzas I’ve had.

You want good pizza? Make it yourself. Or go to Pizza e Birra. Or Napoli in Bocca Haberfield. I live in a predominantly Italian area and there’s pizzerias everywhere and most a rubbish.

And don’t get pizza take away. Needs to be eaten as soon as it’s out of the oven. Especially Napolitano style pizza.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: K E

Wahesh

Reaction score
That’s funny and its very subjective but Renee’s is one of the worst pizzas I’ve had.

You want good pizza? Make it yourself. Or go to Pizza e Birra. Or Napoli in Bocca Haberfield. I live in a predominantly Italian area and there’s pizzerias everywhere and most a rubbish.

And don’t get pizza take away. Needs to be eaten as soon as it’s out of the oven. Especially Napolitano style pizza.

My 2 cents.
Best pizza I've had vs worst pizza you've had? You must be a hard man to please sir!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Best pizza I've had vs worst pizza you've had? You must be a hard man to please sir!
As for making it myself... I guarantee you Rene's is better than anything I can cook up!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh sweet the one in Condell park I keep begging my older brother to go to but won't because he thinks the money is helping fund middle eastern organised crime families.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Not the worst. One of the worst. And that was when I was living in Croydon Park over 10 years ago. Might be good now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does make for a thinner sauce but when I eat paste sauce I feel like I'm eating pure acid and I burp up shit for days. Don't get the same thing with tinned tomato.
What's that pizza and kebab joint around the corner from tbe metro ? They are great and the farts they produce are rancid.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the worst. One of the worst. And that was when I was living in Croydon Park over 10 years ago. Might be good now.
If it's change of management it might be better now?

I think you can't judge bad food if management changes?

Isn't it the worst when the food is good, owner decides to sell and new management stuff things up?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates woodfire pizza? Every one I've had turns the bread into chewy rubber. I don't know if I've just had bad pizza from shit places or if that's what woodfire does.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates woodfire pizza? Every one I've had turns the bread into chewy rubber. I don't know if I've just had bad pizza from shit places or if that's what woodfire does.
Where have you had yo woodfired pizzas mah homie?

Let's see if we can pin point the problem?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh sweet the one in Condell park I keep begging my older brother to go to but won't because he thinks the money is helping fund middle eastern organised crime families.
Do yourself a favor.
They're calabresi, Not Arab. If anything they’re funding the mafia.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where have you had yo woodfired pizzas mah homie?

Let's see if we can pin point the problem?
Don't remember but a lot of places. It's just so rubbery and off putting.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor.
They're calabresi, Not Arab. If anything they’re funding the mafia.
Ok I'll let the ignorant old Aussie bastard know.

I'll go there.

Don't remember but a lot of places. It's just so rubbery and off putting.
Any of the places I've mentioned?
Because each shop prepares their bases different.

At Oxley park he has those pre made bases.
After eating woodfired pizza I can't do Dominos anymore.
No idea? Maybe it's the European in me?
My tastebuds are more accustomed to the original wog foods.

A

Alexander the Great

Di Mario's at Rosebery is the most authentic Italian pizza you can get. Exactly how the make it in Naples