Best place for pizza

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you aren't getting pizza from some wanker Italian who thinks his shot don't stink because he's Italian blooded? Then you aren't getting pizza! Lol

Just kidding I love the Italians.
My grandmother from Slovenia possibly has Italian ancestry?
I worked as a pizza maker for several years. The Italian guy who owned the place kept ranting about how he makes the best pizza. In one week he ranted to 10 customers about how he makes the best pizza and at least 7 of them pointed at me and said, "I've tasted your pizza and that guy makes a much better pizza". Of course I had to say, "Suck my balls Mr Pizza Master"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly though. One thing I learned from working in a decent pizza joint is that Pizza Hut and most of the shitty pizza places in Australia don't know how to make a decent Tomato sauce. Most use Tomato paste. If you look up recipes online they all suggest tomato paste.

DO NOT USE TOMATO PASTE

The shit is rubbish. Get a can of diced tomatoes, throw in some oregano, basil, thyme, chives, garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmisen cheese, then blend it up and you're good to go with the best tomato pizza sauce you've ever had.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I worked as a pizza maker for several years. The Italian guy who owned the place kept ranting about how he makes the best pizza. In one week he ranted to 10 customers about how he makes the best pizza and at least 7 of them pointed at me and said, "I've tasted your pizza and that guy makes a much better pizza". Of course I had to say, "Suck my balls Mr Pizza Master"
The Italians I know are my age and raised in Australia.

They never brag about how good they are... (BUT I KNOW THEY ARE THINKING IT!FKN DAGOES)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The father in law lives near Granville station. Not sure how you can eat Pizza there. There's no way to enter that suburb without going directly to one of the chicken shops.
When theres 220000 people waiting outside awafi and none at pizza your choices are clear

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly though. One thing I learned from working in a decent pizza joint is that Pizza Hut and most of the shitty pizza places in Australia don't know how to make a decent Tomato sauce. Most use Tomato paste. If you look up recipes online they all suggest tomato paste.

DO NOT USE TOMATO PASTE

The shit is rubbish. Get a can of diced tomatoes, throw in some oregano, basil, thyme, chives, garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmisen cheese, then blend it up and you're good to go with the best tomato pizza sauce you've ever had.
Problem with Italians the dont change just because nona used to use chopped tomatoes and basil with nothing else in her pasta doesn't make it better, just means the ***** were to stubborn to evolve and say hey bacon may be good in this also authenticity can get fucked if improvements on flavor can be made

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In Bankstown-Lidcombe?

The best place you can get pizza in Sydey is from pizza Rocco in st Clair or his brother out in the Riff.

I can't trust the Turks to make me a pizza because they cake the cheese on like it's going out of fashion!

Moving back to Bankstown there's no chance in hell I'll be able to survive by illegally parking on curbs and smoking argyle like a puppet!
Pizza rocco are up there. I go every couple of weeks with my mrs.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a big fan of peri peri. I stick to prawn pizza with pepperoni and meat lovers
You need to mix it up.

I used to be strict about buying one pizza.
Not so much now though.

If you're ever in Penrith from 0430 in the arvo to 0930 at night i recommend you make a stop into Stafford st.

I doubt anyone in Penrith eat dominos or pizza hut anymore with him in town?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I worked at a pizza shop as a second job when I was 18-19. I was a delivery driver.

Talking of Pizza Shops in Sydney I remember one out around Parramatta way I think it was called Sopranos that was pretty good.

Also another Pizza Shop I went to near Bondi Junction was also good. I just can't remember the name of that one.

Both were ran by Italians families.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You need to mix it up.

I used to be strict about buying one pizza.
Not so much now though.

If you're ever in Penrith from 0430 in the arvo to 0930 at night i recommend you make a stop into Stafford st.

I doubt anyone in Penrith eat dominos or pizza hut anymore with him in town?
Rarely ever go to penrith, but ill make a note go to if im ever there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never seen a lambs brain and emu pizza ,im going to make one with pineapple

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I worked at a pizza shop as a second job when I was 18-19. I was a delivery driver.

Talking of Pizza Shops in Sydney I remember one out around Parramatta way I think it was called Sopranos that was pretty good.

Also another Pizza Shop I went to near Bondi Junction was also good. I just can't remember the name of that one.

Both were ran by Italians families.
There was one near Bondi that I were great but I wouldn't really call them "pizzas". They were basically a deep pie filled with pizza toppings and you had to eat them with a spoon.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not pizza but i know a place that makes the best chinese. Ya gotta ignore the 25yr old fitout, 25 year old oil he uses, bullet holes in his front window and car magazines that are 10 years old. No eftpos, no menus, cracked tiles, hazchem signs and neon lights. But his chinese is the best and its cheap.

That stuff, dunno what he puts in there but everytime i feel sick i go there and it destroys any ailments, fevers, must be like an atomic bomb inside your guts, kills everything good and bad. Sinus, throat, will be perfect after his food

If i ever meet you guys, bring $7.20 (extra $2.50 for a can of coke) and you will have the feed of your life.

Been going there over 20 years and look how i turned out

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
Can’t do Chinese, I don’t know how to use chop sticks?

Pizza is the best because your utensils are your paws!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres a joint just off granville station 3 pieces 7 bucks fucking awsome any **** that uses kebab meat i love
TC Brothers in some Lebo area make good pizza using kebab meat. And they're pretty generous with it, too.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

DO NOT USE TOMATO PASTE

IMO, the sauce makes or breaks the pizza (well, the bread does but it's close).

I use paste but mix stuff in it like herbs, chili, oregano, etc. I like a thicker, richer sauce as opposed to a watery, thin sauce. Yours does sound nice, though. Would definitely try it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have too many to list... but here's a list of a couple of them:

Number 1
- Pepperoni
- Pineapple
- Chili

Number 2