Votes: 22 40.0%

Votes: 1 1.8%

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
93 and 94 it was such a great side. Depends when ur born i reckon. Your memory always favours the era you grew up in. The 80's and 90's we were so dominant. Deserved a few premierships in the 90's.

2012 was unlucky. Had Morris been awarded that try it would of changed the game,and possibly the result we dominated the whole season
Yep - Morris was pushed in the back by Slater before he could recover the ball and score. We've had tries awarded against us for less.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep - Morris was pushed in the back by Slater before he could recover the ball and score. We've had tries awarded against us for less.
The fact that it wasn't a line drop out was rediculous... Say Morris knocked it forward was bullshit as he was scoring if he wasn't pushed... Scenarios like that should always be advantage to the attacking team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should've won it in 2006 for sure. That one hurt the most. The other ones we weren't the best team on paper.

Malla

Reaction score
The fact that it wasn't a line drop out was rediculous... Say Morris knocked it forward was bullshit as he was scoring if he wasn't pushed... Scenarios like that should always be advantage to the attacking team.
Yeah we got absolutely dicked that game. They had a replay on Fox last week of it and just small things like Archer letting Melb lay all over us in the ruck just killed us as well.

Malla

Reaction score
We should've won it in 2006 for sure. That one hurt the most. The other ones we weren't the best team on paper.
100% we should have won that year but we had shitty halves that season too. Dunno if anyone actually rated Holdsworth? Sherwin was on the back end of his career too.

Up by 20 at half time, halves should have taken control and really iced the game from there. It's disappointing because we would have smacked Melbourne in the mouth in the grand final.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH

The 2012 was not stacked with "quality" players. It was just an entire team in-form.

Realistically speaking, we reached the GF with Kris Keating as our HB. Let that sink in. We also had Inu banging them in from all over the park, a Dally M medalist who was in form all season long, James Graham smashing it off the bench for us in jersey 14... it was just a well balanced -side, without any "real" marquee or superstar - aside from Barba.

My vote probably goes to 1994 or 2006.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
06 we blew it smashing the broncs at h/t we clocked off 2012 storm were a touch too good my vote goes to the 2012 team special mention to the 83 team parra blew us away in the gf qualifier we had the wood on them all season Glossops last year that was

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. 2012 was close second but I, and others here, were at that game against Broncs at SFS. Half time we are planning to go Belmore and party all night and all week.

Then Berrigan happened. That try ripped me

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
06 we blew it smashing the broncs at h/t we clocked off 2012 storm were a touch too good my vote goes to the 2012 team special mention to the 83 team parra blew us away in the gf qualifier we had the wood on them all season Glossops last year that was
We did it hard to make the GF in 2006. I think we just ran out of steam after the effort to get there. Brisbane was a fresher side,and it showed in the second half.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I think of 2002 first. 17 straight wins. We were leading the comp by a big margin, had the minor premiership locked in and boom, all our points taken for cap breach. No team was gunna stop us that year if we kept our points

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
1993 we were good, 1994 was always going to be a Raiders victory. 1999 was always going to be the Storm (after they demolished Brisbane in the semi), and the others we finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st - so I'll go with 2012.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2006 and 2012 were heartbreakers. We were the best team all year in both seasons.

2006 hurt more because of the way it ended. That second half was torture to watch.
We copped so many injuries in the 2006 prelim, that it would've been surprising if Brisbane didn't win. A 14 point lead at halftime isn't exactly decisive... all it will take is 1 try and penalty goal for a team to be back in it.

Besides... this from 2008 was Brisbane's Karma :tongueclosed: (sorry @Kaz)

I'll never forget the look on Lockyer's at the end of this game!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really on the topic, best dogs teams i have seen:
- 2004. Very dominant. Just a great talented team.
- 1985. Best pack at the time. Intimidating. when forwards won games. Didnt get to see before this but i assume team 84 would be similar.
- 2012. Magic. Some of the attack/tries were just ridiculous.
- 2002. Well drilled team. Just knew how to win.
- cant decide 2006 or 1995. 2006 got left over talents from 04. 95 team just knew how to lift in big games.

Special mention to 98 team. Just for beating parra in that game before gf. Lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 !! No brainer.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% we should have won that year but we had shitty halves that season too. Dunno if anyone actually rated Holdsworth? Sherwin was on the back end of his career too.

Up by 20 at half time, halves should have taken control and really iced the game from there. It's disappointing because we would have smacked Melbourne in the mouth in the grand final.
Holdsworth got injured and went off at or before halftime and the game changed. I never rated him but he was having a good game in that semi.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon the ‘02 team beats the ‘04 team.
In fact, I reckon ‘02 may be the best team, across the board, that the bulldogs have ever fielded.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon the ‘02 team beats the ‘04 team.
In fact, I reckon ‘02 may be the best team, across the board, that the bulldogs have ever fielded.
I definitely thoughts so at the time. It was awesome being a supporter that year until the shit fight, and I was doing ok in the tipping comp for a change as I never take the other team even if its obvious we should get beat...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
06 was a very cocky team. Mason had his best ever year, sbw was mostly out injured from memory. Holdsworth was overrated heavily. Lack of leadership cost us. Letting Price go was a huge loss. Had he still been there things may have been different.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
06 was a very cocky team. Mason had his best ever year, sbw was mostly out injured from memory. Holdsworth was overrated heavily. Lack of leadership cost us. Letting Price go was a huge loss. Had he still been there things may have been different.
To right we were cocky, defensively we were very lazy and backed our attack to get us home regardless of how many tries were put on us.