Best Bulldogs team 1996-2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Bit of nostalgia to buy time till round 3, whenever that may be.

Just wondering what everyone's team of the last 30 years is?

the only time is they have to have had a full season at minimum with us and you'll pick a team to WIN, so you can pick a fullback as a winger like I have, and a 5/8 to hooker as I have etc.

1 Rod Silva
2 Ben Barba
3 Kerrod Holland
4 Josh Morris
5 Reimis Smith
6 Braith Anasta
7 Ben Sherwin
8 Roy Asotasi
9 Terry Lamb
10 Willie Mason
11 James Graham
12 Josh Jackson
13 Greg Eastwood
-
14 Dean Pay
15 Sonny Bill Williams
16 Willie Mason
17 Gary Connolly

Fairly standard I know, except I know that everyone is surprised at Terry Lamb getting the number 9 spot.

I thought about it and we have never truly had a great hooker. We got rid of cook before he blossomed. And we had herherington who was more a Matt Ballinn type and not attacking like the new breed of hooker.
We have had plenty of halves so I thought I would utilise one at nine.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats your team!?
I can assume that yours is different?
This is a forum

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So you're putting our greatest ever five-eighth at hooker, a fullback in place of Hazem El Masri, and LOL instead of Nigel Vagana? You've also got Dean Pay in the team... are you not aware that he last played for us in 1995, and this dream team of yours is from 1996 on?

Gary Connolly... why on Earth do you have a centre on the bench? He also played less than a full season for us, so by your own rules he's not eligible.

Lay off the crack.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So you're putting our greatest ever five-eighth at hooker, a fullback in place of Hazem El Masri, and LOL instead of Nigel Vagana? You've also got Dean Pay in the team... are you not aware that he last played for us in 1995, and this dream team of yours is from 1996 on?

Gary Connolly... why on Earth do you have a centre on the bench? He also played less than a full season for us, so by your own rules he's not eligible.

Lay off the crack.
you can't be serious that Hazem is anywhere near out greatest side? Guy was battling to stay in first grade half the time.

hazen was an amazing kicker, had a good knack of reading an intercept but that's where It ends. He was slow AF and had a low try rate for a dominant side.
We don't need a kicker in the team I mentioned as it's already covered.

and Lamb, yes was our greatest 5/8 but if he was playing today in the modern game he would be a hooker controlling the play. And that's why Lamb is our greatest hooker in real terms and not an actual 5/8.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
you can't be serious that Hazem is anywhere near out greatest side? Guy was battling to stay in first grade half the time.

hazen was an amazing kicker, had a good knack of reading an intercept but that's where It ends. He was slow AF and had a low try rate for a dominant side.
We don't need a kicker in the team I mentioned as it's already covered.

and Lamb, yes was our greatest 5/8 but if he was playing today in the modern game he would be a hooker controlling the play. And that's why Lamb is our greatest hooker in real terms and not an actual 5/8.
How is it that a Bulldogs fan is blinded by Hazem's goal kicking ability? Yes he was the greatest ever kicker, but did you even consider that he's currently STILL the equal 7th greatest try scorer of all time? You don't achieve that simply by being a great kicker.

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

How do these guys now make the team?

*Steve Price
*Steve Mortimer
*Peter Tunks

?

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Willie Mason cloned? He's starting and on the bench?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed I want some of what you're having :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t April fools in two weeks ? That is nowhere close to the best Bulldogs side.
Too funny

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd put Holland at fullback.
Nasheed here,
Bit of nostalgia to buy time till round 3, whenever that may be.

Just wondering what everyone's team of the last 30 years is?

the only time is they have to have had a full season at minimum with us and you'll pick a team to WIN, so you can pick a fullback as a winger like I have, and a 5/8 to hooker as I have etc.

1 Rod Silva
2 Ben Barba
3 Kerrod Holland
4 Josh Morris
5 Reimis Smith
6 Braith Anasta
7 Ben Sherwin
8 Roy Asotasi
9 Terry Lamb
10 Willie Mason
11 James Graham
12 Josh Jackson
13 Greg Eastwood
-
14 Dean Pay
15 Sonny Bill Williams
16 Willie Mason
17 Gary Connolly

Fairly standard I know, except I know that everyone is surprised at Terry Lamb getting the number 9 spot.

I thought about it and we have never truly had a great hooker. We got rid of cook before he blossomed. And we had herherington who was more a Matt Ballinn type and not attacking like the new breed of hooker.
We have had plenty of halves so I thought I would utilise one at nine.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it that a Bulldogs fan is blinded by Hazem's goal kicking ability? Yes he was the greatest ever kicker, but did you even consider that he's currently STILL the equal 7th greatest try scorer of all time? you don't achieve that simply by being a great kicker.
we have had this discussion before. You are looking at the wrong stat.

Ill keep it simple.
why isn't El Masri in the top three try scorers?

he is the most capped winger in history, playing in a team where half the career was on the back of the most dominant (sometimes cap cheating) scoring team in the modern era. Yet he only racked up 11 tries per season on average? Most wingers would average 15+ in these years. And none of these other wingers had a pack as dominant as ours and had the luxury of falling into Ben Sherwin grubbers.

people forget that before Halligan retired, he was in reserve grade.

El Masri deserves his place in history in terms of goal kicking - not of wingering.

i standb t it he's only a bulldogs treasure because he's the first Lebanese Muslim to play for a team from an area of Sydney that is 90 percent Muslim or Lebanese or both.