Thurston
Cronk
DCE
Johnson
Foran

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have both listed the top 5 as I see it but in no particular order.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Cooper Cronk
2. Jonathon Thurston
3. Kieran Foran
4. Daly Cherry-Evans
5. Shaun Johnson

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't have a top 5 but I think DCE is the best half in the competition followed by Cronk. Put either of them at Canberra, Sharks or Parra and they would sky rocket up the table.

Thurston is very very good but not in the class of the above two. You have to build the team for Thurston to produce. A bit like the Kimmorley of the early 00s.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Cronk
2. DCE
3. Thurston
4. SJ
5. Daylight then Foran

Geez thats 2 kiwis in top 5 but they cant gel together like DCE gels with Foran.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't believe so many people picking Johnston.

When he's good, he's good but he does not have the consistency of other halves in the comp.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Johns AKA Luke Brooks.....

1-Thurston
2- DCE
3- Cronk
4- Widdop
5- Foran

I'm stunned people rate S. Johnson so highly. He's your typical inconsistent, erratic "Warriors" half. I don't know if people have just forgotten about him but Widdop is right up there in terms of halves.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Johns AKA Luke Brooks.....

1-Thurston
2- DCE
3- Cronk
4- Widdop
5- Foran

I'm stunned people rate S. Johnson so highly. He's your typical inconsistent, erratic "Warriors" half. I don't know if people have just forgotten about him but Widdop is right up there in terms of halves.
My list almost exactly. Johnson when he's on is one of the best halves in the comp but he's way too inconsistent to be considered a top half.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with Johnson is that there's no other Halfback in the game like him. He's different... and in a time where everyone is the same with the exact same set plays, it's a breath of fresh air and quite a weapon in attack.

I rate Johnson a lot more as well after he was microphoned up against the Broncos a couple of weeks ago. He knows the game really well and isn't afraid to give his forwards a spray if they need it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd never trust a "Warriors" half come finals time, TBH. If Stacey Jones couldn't win a GF, no "Warriors" half will.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd never trust a "Warriors" half come finals time, TBH. If Stacey Jones couldn't win a GF, no "Warriors" half will.
No offence but thats probably the dumbest comment i have ever read.

Saying that SJ wont win a grandfinal because Stacey Jones didnt win one is absolute rubbish. Yes, Stacey Jones was one of the best halves to come out of New Zealand, but it is a team that wins a grandfinal. And the team the Warriors have now, when healthy, is a lot better than their 2002 team that lost to the Rorters in the final. The 2011 team is almost the same with tweaks at different positions.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully our boys will make this list in a few weeks...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence but thats probably the dumbest comment i have ever read.

Saying that SJ wont win a grandfinal because Stacey Jones didnt win one is absolute rubbish. Yes, Stacey Jones was one of the best halves to come out of New Zealand, but it is a team that wins a grandfinal. And the team the Warriors have now, when healthy, is a lot better than their 2002 team that lost to the Rorters in the final. The 2011 team is almost the same with tweaks at different positions.
You're joking, right?

Ivan Cleary
Justin Murphy
John Carlaw
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Motu Tony
Stacey Jones (C)
Jerry Seu Seu
PJ Marsh
Mark Tookey
Ali Lauiti'iti
Awen Guttenbeil
Kevin Campion

Lance Hohaia
Logan Swann
Wairangi Koopu
Richard Villasanti

That was the '02 team, you're seriously telling me the Warriors team of '14 is half as good as this team was? That forward pack was in the top 3 at worst back then, can you honestly say the Warriors are easily in the top 3 packs now based on achievements? Out of that entire team, I'd say Motu Tony was the link wink and even that's being harsh. The '02 Warriors would murder today's Warriors.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
1. Thurston
2. Cronk
3. Foran
4. DCE
5. Widdop

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
You're joking, right?

Ivan Cleary
Justin Murphy
John Carlaw
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Motu Tony
Stacey Jones (C)
Jerry Seu Seu
PJ Marsh
Mark Tookey
Ali Lauiti'iti
Awen Guttenbeil
Kevin Campion

Lance Hohaia
Logan Swann
Wairangi Koopu
Richard Villasanti

That was the '02 team, you're seriously telling me the Warriors team of '14 is half as good as this team was? That forward pack was in the top 3 at worst back then, can you honestly say the Warriors are easily in the top 3 packs now based on achievements? Out of that entire team, I'd say Motu Tony was the link wink and even that's being harsh. The '02 Warriors would murder today's Warriors.
Lance Hohaia ma nice guy haha

Remember how much I used to love him?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

C

choice

I think this illustrates our current problem with our roster.
we don't have a half anywhere near the top 5.
the other teams in contention this year that don't have a half in this list have a "special players" or game breakers in their teams, ala hayne with parra, ingles with souths, sbw with roosters.
we have no one like that.
where are our points going to come from? We are a rudderless ship with a half back who can not lead us around the park and we have no plan b or a "hayne " to get is out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.