Best 5 coaches of our club all time ranked?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We haven’t actually had that many coaches until recently when we started swapping alot.

In my opinion this is our top coaches:

1. warren Ryan.
He did some Amazing things with an ovberrated swuaf and won a few titles. 60% win rate
2. Des Hasler
2x grand finals at 56% win rate says it all. Some question marks on recruitment but boi, he could coach.
3. Phil Gould
Short stint but did a mad premiership. Also kicked on elsewhere to be considered one of the premier coaches of all time so you know it was no fluke.
4. Chris Anderson
A few titles. 61% win rate. Questionable strategies but hit the bacon.
5. Steve Folkes
Illegal squad but got us our last premiership.
Did you see warren Ryan’s team first hand ?
I think not
You have no fuckin idea my friend

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ryan....the father of modern football and created the Dogs of War
Glossop....the inventor of the Entertainers.
Gus......first year wins a premiership with us..legend in rugby league
Folksey......do as I do....no short cuts good things happen to those who work
Anderson....footy IQ and strategist bar none

Reaction score
We haven’t actually had that many coaches until recently when we started swapping alot.

1. warren Ryan.
He did some Amazing things with an ovberrated swuaf and won a few titles. 60% win rate
2. Des Hasler
2x grand finals at 56% win rate says it all. Some question marks on recruitment but boi, he could coach.
3. Phil Gould
Short stint but did a mad premiership. Also kicked on elsewhere to be considered one of the premier coaches of all time so you know it was no fluke.
4. Chris Anderson
5. Steve Folkes
i gave you a like for not slipping trent barret in there lol

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.Ted glossop.2 Warren Ryan.3 Gus Gould.4 Chris Anderson.5 Steve Folkes.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. warren Ryan.
2. Des Hasler
3. Phil Gould
4. Chris Anderson
5. Steve Folkes
1 Warren Ryan
2 Ted Glossop
3 Phill Gould
4 Steve Folkes
5 Chris Anderson
Des-troyer Hasler was too busy with his overpaid mercenaries.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ted Glossop played with a relatively small forward pack. The side played with finesse.Warren Ryan was brutal.It was still the five meter era and he put together a mean mother of a pack. Warren did not like kicking on the 5th, he would hand the ball back after the 6th then belt the crap out of their opponents. Gus coached an all round game and succeeded with a premiership in 1988 in his first year.Chris Anderson was going nowhere in 1995 when the super league drama took hold. I knew one of the lawyers who signed up the team to join the new competition. Was not until the last few rounds in the dressing room that The bullfrog allegedly asked Mr Anderson to leave the room. The speech was to play for Terry lamb apparently. The rest was history as they went and belted St george in the first semi led by Dean pay.They then beat Canberra, Brisbane and Finally manly to take out the premiership in an unbelievable month of footy.Last but not least Folksey was as honest as they came.In 2004 they had gathered an incredible side containing players such as Mark O'meley, Steven Price, Willie Mason, Roy Asotasi,Sonny bill Williams, Brath Anasta, Brent sherwin, Hazem el magic and a young Johnathan Thurston to name a few.In a close contest beat the Roosters to take out our last premiership.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, that is one of the most misguided comments I’ve ever read on here ..

Here’s some schooling for you .. first of all that team was mostly developed through our own junior pathways .. it wasn’t a go out and buy a team, it was years of hard work training kids to be the best they could be … any salary cap breaches were through trying to keep that team together which was being poached big time by the Roosters.

They won 17 straight through brilliant attack and brilliant defence …

No where near just Potter like eyes up footy .. that style back then came from years of playing together and forming combinations ..

We were doing what the Panthers are doing now back when they could only wish they were us .. Gould took that same blueprint to the Panthers ..

Knowledge then comment ..
We bought the team.
Mason was from Newcastle and was a mariners junior. Him and his brother. When they folded we picked him up.
Anasta was a south’s junior. He was known as being the cousin of George Piggins. Remember the controversy about him picking us over soothes.
No doubt because we handed him a bag under the table with pineapples and apples.
O meley was a north Sydney bear and manky pick up
Asotasi was in Auckland and feeney was also Newcastle.
Lol’esi I and vagana came from elsewhere and Tonga and Andrew Ryan was from Parra and patten was Illawarra/ St George. If u include Darren Trindall he came from south’s and Norton from crushers.
All these players were given A little something in an envelope to come to us on top of their contract.
And a wink as well.
So there is that schooling.
And we won 17 on the trot because we paid them so much cash not to leave us.
When we got cap compliant and lost our players folkes did so bad and got sacked.
How many ‘top’ coaches get sacked 3 years after glory with a team cheating?
He got exposed.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bought the team.
Mason was from Newcastle and was a mariners junior. Him and his brother. When they folded we picked him up.
Anasta was a south’s junior. He was known as being the cousin of George Piggins. Remember the controversy about him picking us over soothes.
No doubt because we handed him a bag under the table with pineapples and apples.
Lol’esi I and vagana came from elsewhere and Tonga and Andrew Ryan was from Parra and patten was Illawarra/ St George. If u include Darren Trindall he came from south’s and Norton from crushers.
All these players were given A little something in an envelope to come to us on top of their contract.
And a wink as well.
When we got cap compliant and lost our players folkes did so bad and got sacked.
He got exposed.
If you knew anything about how clubs buy young kids and build a young footy team Id debate this with you, but I’m bored of your naive BS.

another one for the D***as F*** ignore list ..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

1. warren Ryan.
2. Des Hasler
3. Phil Gould
4. Chris Anderson
5. Steve Folkes
4 of those are right. Hasler was a turd who took a finals side i could have coached to the finals, and gradually turned them into spooners.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We bought the team.
And a wink as well.
He got exposed.
I think this is what exposes you. TROLL.
You obviously spent a hole day researching the players histories as you never ever heard of the players before, KID.
Google is your friend.
A lot all of those players came through the bulldogs junior teams.
The others were transfers BEFORE they were stars.
They are BULLDOGS, that is why they are back here assisting where they can.

You are a real F**wit and know nought about the game.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is what exposes you. TROLL.
You obviously spent a hole day researching the players histories as you never ever heard of the players before, KID.
Google is your friend.
A lot all of those players came through the bulldogs junior teams.
The others were transfers BEFORE they were stars.
They are BULLDOGS, that is why they are back here assisting where they can.

You are a real F**wit and know nought about the game.
Mate I was going to say same ..

But the crap just keeps rolling out, so I’ve just put it on ignore,

He’d be one to experience that awkward moment of a zombie walking right past him looking for brains ..