News Best 17 for 2022: Canterbury Bulldogs

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of the year I feel there will be multiple different players and combinations tried however they will eventually find the winning combination and make the play-offs.
The Bulldogs team that will take the field for week 1 of the finals.
1. MATT DUFTY
2. JOSH ADDO-CARR
3. JAKE AVERILLO
4. AARON SCHOUPP
5. BRENT NADEN
6. MATT BURTON
7. BAILEY BIONDI-ODO
8. LUKE THOMPSON
9. JOSH COOK
10. PAUL VAUGHAN
11. JACK HETHERINGTON
12. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
13. JOSH JACKSON

14. JACKSON TOPINE
15. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER
16. CHRIS PATOLO
17. MAX KING
I’m inclined to agree with this. We could also flirt with the idea of Alamoti or Burns in the backline somewhere too. Even Corey Allan at FB seeing as he has a better spine around him he could excel in this squad like he did for Souffs. I also think with this rejuvenated pack we have JMK will be a much much better player than we all expect. He hasn’t really had a gun side like this to play behind and his running game is very underrated. I think only time will tell where we are at and who’s going to play where. But I am expecting a few surprises in development this year with players elevating their game now we have a team full of reps and winners.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER was at the end the trial on weekend at Belmore. He was walking freely. But I wouldn’t be picking in any team at this stage. He looks a little light. Might be me being over cautious. But I’d give him a couple runs in Reggie’s to build confidence and fitness to be ready for first