Beruit Blast

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't believe the videos I saw of the explosion. It's hard to fathom.

Even if it's just negligence on behalf of whoever was storing the ammonium nitrate there, it's still negligence of the highest order that has resulted in an horrific death and casualty count.

My local cafe owner and his wife are lebanese australians and the poor bloke has family back in Lebanon. He's usually the brightest happiest guy but these last two days he's just been down in the dumps
Newcastle's stockpile

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear you. Beirut looks like an awesome place from some of the pics I've seen. Would love to visit there some time once the virus is over.
I'm yet to visit due to study and family issues that have come up when I was supposed to go but it indeed is a beautiful country as its city with coastal if you want that beach and party lifestyle or forest/mountainous with snow sometimes if you are into a more quieter lifestyle.

It has just been riddled with government corruption, civil wars, factions, greed and other stuff that's held back people who want a good life or when ever there is peace people start shit up to ruin it, its pretty sad but thats the world today.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hear you. Beirut looks like an awesome place from some of the pics I've seen. Would love to visit there some time once the virus is over.
Used to be called the Paris of the Middle East.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bloody wrong way to make a new deep water dock!
I'm not a demo expert but it's better that it was on the shoreline than the centre of the city, wouldn't the sea take a heap of the brunt of the explosion?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Is anyone suspicious that this is all propaganda ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Trump called it a "terrible attack".... slip of the tongue or shit stirring to take attention of Murika?
I'd say neither. Just an educated guess from what he knew that time from his generals.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That there is a large amount of butt covering going on right now is also apparent in that article...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best investigative report I've seen so far on the history of AN at Beirut port came out early this morning (click here). It makes for both interesting and horrifying reading, given that we now know that this sequence of events starting 7 years ago has led to this disaster. The common thread seems to be greed, if there had been a bit more cooperation between key people at any of a significant number of key moments, this wouldn't have happened.
Greed and corruption is always the case in our home country when it comes to things the government should be overlooking, its just the norm and trend sadly but hopefully people protest properly this time rather than have a party and make memes ey