Beruit Blast

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently way more stored at Newy than what exploded in Beirut
Between two and four times as much. And apparently an approved application for another facility next to it that would store another 10,000 tons. If that went up Newcastle would be gone, its only a few kms from the CBD.

Its more carefully regulated than the stuff at Beirut was, but it only takes one mistake...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's devastating for the Lebanon people mate, although they are already making arrests over this. Seen the hole left by the explosion? FMD!

If anyone has family affected by this, I sincerely hope they are all safe and well. The daughter is already organising us to send support through a recognised charity as she has friends who have family over there.
Don't read too much into the arrests just yet.

It's a political move made by an inept government. Whether they are the actual ones culpable is something we will probably never know.

At the end of the day, it will be months of finger pointing and little action.

T.I.L

This. Is. Lebanon

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's devastating for the Lebanon people mate, although they are already making arrests over this. Seen the hole left by the explosion? FMD!

If anyone has family affected by this, I sincerely hope they are all safe and well. The daughter is already organising us to send support through a recognised charity as she has friends who have family over there.
Mate the Lebanese Red Cross is safest way to make donations as they are a national society that was founded in 1945. Others could be a bit shifty, so donate with them and only them. And may God bless you † ✞

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just looking at the before and after shots, that row of silos full of grain probably saved a lot of the city from the shockwave of the blast as they got opened up a like a can of spam.
A lot of the hotels there also took a brunt of it. The hotels themselves didn't suffer any significant damage apart from shattered windows (which is nothing really), so thankfully the city had a concrete shield around it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don't read too much into the arrests just yet.

It's a political move made by an inept government. Whether they are the actual ones culpable is something we will probably never know.

At the end of the day, it will be months of finger pointing and little action.

T.I.L

This. Is. Lebanon
The Government has been corrupt for years, and that won't change.

Regardless, I will always love the people, the culture, the sights, and the natural beauty. They are what make Lebanon great. They are what will keep me coming back. Not the Government.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The misses has 3 family members living in Beruit and unfortunately we haven't got in contact with them yet.

Their telecommunications can't handle the extra load apparently.

On behalf of the people in need there, thank you to you and your family brother.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The misses has 3 family members living in Beruit and unfortunately we haven't got in contact with them yet.

On behalf of the people in need there, thank you to you and your family brother.
Hope she gets good news soon man, give her our best.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Praying for them brother, praying for everyone.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score

Hope you hear good news soon brother.

We are from Ashrafieh, thankfully my family are all ok.

The corruption needs to end now in Lebanon! Politicians all of them need to be held accountable!!

All political parties need to be held accountable... All weapons outside of the army need to be confiscated into the army!

You think this storage of hazardous material in the port is bad? Hezbollah has much much more stored all over Lebanon in villages and cities...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hope you hear good news soon, brother.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope you hear good news soon brother.

We are from Ashrafieh, thankfully my family are all ok.

The corruption needs to end now in Lebanon! Politicians all of them need to be held accountable!!

All political parties need to be held accountable... All weapons outside of the army need to be confiscated into the army!

You think this storage of hazardous material in the port is bad? Hezbollah has much much more stored all over Lebanon in villages and cities...
Good news with your family habibeh. Thank you for your well wishes.

Hope you hear good news soon, brother.
Thanks bro, I'm sure we will get through to them soon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BTW, we have a much larger storage of Ammonium Nitrate near Newcastle. It's in a secured explosives storage area though.

Although "secured" isn't that secure. It's in storage silos. Realistically a well placed spark would level the area.
Many countries are now hurriedly reviewing their storage locations bc many are in similar storage facilities close to ports and densely populated cities. Beirut not alone in this silly practice.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Can't believe the videos I saw of the explosion. It's hard to fathom.

Even if it's just negligence on behalf of whoever was storing the ammonium nitrate there, it's still negligence of the highest order that has resulted in an horrific death and casualty count.

My local cafe owner and his wife are lebanese australians and the poor bloke has family back in Lebanon. He's usually the brightest happiest guy but these last two days he's just been down in the dumps

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't believe the videos I saw of the explosion. It's hard to fathom.

Even if it's just negligence on behalf of whoever was storing the ammonium nitrate there, it's still negligence of the highest order that has resulted in an horrific death and casualty count.

My local cafe owner and his wife are lebanese australians and the poor bloke has family back in Lebanon. He's usually the brightest happiest guy but these last two days he's just been down in the dumps
All of us Lebanese people have been down bro, it just hurts to see anything happen to our home country especially when’s it’s been struggling for a long time and during these tough times on top too

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is supposedly a picture of the warehouse storing the Ammonium Nitrate. From what I've read it wasn't being stored properly either.

EenHhUwWoAED58l.png

EenHjgPWsAEgl0z.png

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
All of us Lebanese people have been down bro, it just hurts to see anything happen to our home country especially when’s it’s been struggling for a long time and during these tough times on top too
I hear you. Beirut looks like an awesome place from some of the pics I've seen. Would love to visit there some time once the virus is over.