Beruit Blast

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only that dumb effing government could house truckloads of highly explosive material next to a populace.

That country will only descend into further chaos. I pray this is not an act of war, because it is the LAST thing that country needs. But if the enemies of Lebanon were indeed smart, this would be the perfect time to attack.

The dollar has crumbled
The basic necessities of life (sanitation, food and water) all taken a massive hit
A government in shambles
No one is working
Banks are closing

One small push and they've just sunk them into oblivion. Two of my relatives lost their apartments, and another cousin was injured. Thankfully, no one else - but my relatives got off lucky compared to the thousands reported injured or dead.

My heart hurts for them. I'm truly shaken by this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only that dumb effing government could house truckloads of highly explosive material next to a populace.

That country will only descend into further chaos. I pray this is not an act of war, because it is the LAST thing that country needs. But if the enemies of Lebanon were indeed smart, this would be the perfect time to attack.

The dollar has crumbled
The basic necessities of life (sanitation, food and water) all taken a massive hit
A government in shambles
No one is working
Banks are closing

One small push and they've just sunk them into oblivion. Two of my relatives lost their apartments, and another cousin was injured. Thankfully, no one else - but my relatives got off lucky compared to the thousands reported injured or dead.

Got a few relatives but thank God none in Beirut.

I hope your family are all safe and well my bro

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

The dollar has crumbled
A government in shambles
No one is working
Banks are closing

We are from Tripoli but my uncle was supposed to be working there when it happened but missed work, my heart also aches for my fellow country men.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trump called it a "terrible attack".... slip of the tongue or shit stirring to take attention of Murika?
I’m sure if this happened in America this site would blame trump for it. I don’t see how him saying it’s a terrible
Probably from them, Trump would do anything to take away the focus from Covid 19 in the USA.
wow, really!!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seems a bit weird that the cameras were all ready for the blast to go off. They have it from a dozen different angles.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horrible, just horrible!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The blame game politics have begun.

Apparently Hezbollah is blaming Israel and Israel blaming Hezbollah.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now rumour floating around is that there were Iranian ships in the port so it was a 2 birds, 1 stone situation.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There's no way it was a drone attack, the explosion went directly up and left a mushroom cloud. Drones don't have the capacity to make something like that happen. It was 2700 tonnes of fertilizer (which is dangerous stuff). Something set off an explosion in the warehouse, and when the fertilizer got ignited that was the second bigger blast. If it was a deliberate human act, chances are that person was the first to go.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As a lot of people here don't know how the locals in Lebanon live, I'll break it down for you:
  • Most people in Lebanon have 2 properties - a house in a quiet village away from the busy Beirut metropolis (equivalent to your average suburb here), and an apartment in downtown Beirut, to prevent them from having to commute to and from the city for work/study etc...
  • It's currently summertime in Lebanon. In summer, the locals usually spend their time in the village as they are on holidays, and Beirut is usually flocked with tourists and hospitality workers'
  • As Covid has prevented tourists from entering Beirut/Lebanon this year (which is usually 5-10 million), and the countries economy in bad shape, there are not many tourists or hospitality workers in the city
  • Covid has kept a lot of people from going to Beirut and rather staying in their homes in the village
  • There are no new cases of Covid in Lebanon meaning that those in the streets helping the the wounded and first respondents etc... are at little risk of catching the disease.
The above factors have prevented this tragedy from being worse than it is. While the scale of the damage is large, to me, it's more important that the loss of life is minimal.

For my family, we have heard the following:
  • The majority are in the village which is approximately 100km north of Beirut
  • My cousin who is a car enthusiast felt his car lift off the ground. Any damage sustained to his car he will make a hobby out of touching it up. Likely just suspension
  • My uncle has an apartment in Beirut but was in the village at the time. The apartment has been damaged, however it is still standing. Likely just replace all the broken items inside, and patch job to the building as it wasn't significant damage
  • My cousin has an apartment in Beirut, minor damage to windows which can easily be fixed
  • Other cousin has an apartment in Beirut, didn't feel a thing, no damage at all.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The news rarely saddens me but I feel for the place.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So when do we call this a terror attack or is that not a thing when Arabs are on the receiving end.... I can't think any more fam

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So when do we call this a terror attack or is that not a thing when Arabs are on the receiving end.... I can't think any more fam
Trump called it an attack early on!! Maybe he was on the money..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trump called it an attack early on!! Maybe he was on the money..
The generals in the Pentagon advised him that it was an attack.

He mentioned the general a few times, must be setting them up as scapegoats if proved it was an accident.