Beruit Blast

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The entire government has quit. They'll stay in place temporarily until a caretaker government takes over.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not a fan of any politician but credit when credit is due.
Scott Morrison is one of the very few Politicians who I really respect. Back in 2016 when he was treasurer, he approved a $2,000,000 government grant to my Church to help them build a childcare centre. He even came to the Church for the Sunday and he made a speech at the end of the service announcing it. We had a BBQ the mass to celebrate. I've been a fan of him ever since. He also goes to St. Charbels on Good Friday every year with Tony Abbott... this year obviously being an exception.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Scott Morrison is one of the very few Politicians who I really respect. Back in 2016 when he was treasurer, he approved a $2,000,000 government grant to my Church to help them build a childcare centre. He even came to the Church for the Sunday and he made a speech at the end of the service announcing it. We had a BBQ the mass to celebrate. I've been a fan of him ever since. He also goes to St. Charbels on Good Friday every year with Tony Abbott... this year obviously being an exception.
He also has an Assyrian Winged Bull statue in his office.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The entire government has quit. They'll stay in place temporarily until a caretaker government takes over.

"Iran meanwhile expressed concern that Western countries and their allies might exploit anger over the explosion to pursue their political interests. Iran supports the Hezbollah militant group, which along with its allies dominates the government and parliament."

An extract from the link Hacky posted just shows everyone why Lebanon is the way it is. The power of the government is controlled by the powers of external countries. It's like a government on top of a government. Yes, the Lebanese government is corrupt, but in reality they are just individual puppets to countries like Iran. How can a Militia group such as Hezbollah over the years attain seats in the government and have a major say in the way the country is run? Absolute insanity and corruption in the highest order. In 1990 after the Tiaf agreement that put an end to the 15 year war, all Malitia groups were forced to hand over their weapons except Hezbollah, they were allowed to keep their weapons and keep their malitia group active. Why didn't they hand over their weapons as well?? Well the answer was that they were allowed to keep their weapons to protect southern Lebanon against Israel. What a bullshit excuse. If you want to protect the country against external forces you make your own Army strong with one strong military defence. You don't need a Militia. The funny thing is the Hezbollah Militia is stronger than the official Lebanese army because Hezbollah is backed, funded and controlled by Iran to suit Iran's interests, not Lebanon's interests. I don't favour one group over another, but just highlighting one of the major problems in the country. All the supposed leaders in the country are corrupt regardless of their religious affiliations or political views.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Same port, this time it was oil and tyres.

Source of the fire isn't known yet