Bennett officially sacked. Credibility Gone..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did the old shagger do?
Saying publicly he was committed to the Broncos, but privately emailing, SMS Souths on what he was planning to do at Souths in 2019.

He told them he would be there on 3rd Dec, he got his wish, except he wanted a payout, which he isn't getting.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I turned on him when he went to the Dragons.

Not because he left, but he thinks his own shit don't stink. lol

It gets boring when the after game media conferences are on & he says fuck all.

People posting on other forums, saying he wants to honour his contract with the Broncos etc & how refreshing that is blah fucking blah.

They forgot he broke his contract with the Raiders to sign with Broncos, he broke his contract at Newcastle, he agreed to a Roosters contract & broke that etc.

WB is a hypocrite.

Bennett only cares about himself & no one else.

I mainly keep my thoughts about my club to myself, think I have had private conversations with some members here on what I think about my club.

I am vocal about other clubs, but not mine. lol
Hey, I still love ya
Hate away on Wayne
Lol
I just think it’s amazing how you hate the silly old fool

Now Des
Now he deserves the hate

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He didn't want to be there.

He was already txting Souths officials, players with his training requirements.

WB wanted to be sacked to get his year contract money & Broncos weren't willing to pay it, neither were Souths willing to pay it.

So I would say, Broncos got legal advice & terminated him without a payout.

Broncos will now announce the re-signing of Lodge, Oates & Tevita Pangai Junior.

Edit:

A leaked email, was the undoing of WB, Broncos got him in breach of contract. haha
If he had a contract to coach the Broncos next year, they will have to pay him out.

If they don't this will turn into a 'Dibb-Hasler - he didn't really have a contract' fiasco.

And lets face it that will be no good for anybody.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey, I still love ya
Hate away on Wayne
Lol
I just think it’s amazing how you hate the silly old fool

Now Des
Now he deserves the hate
Des & Wayne are similar, they both have too much power at the clubs that are with.

And they nearly fucked up our clubs.

Both are like cult leaders, players seem to be under their spell. Which is destabiliing in the long run.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he had a contract to coach the Broncos next year, they will have to pay him out.

If they don't this will turn into a 'Dibb-Hasler - he didn't really have a contract' fiasco.

And lets face it that will be no good for anybody.
The Broncos won't pay him out, they got him in breach of contract.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope it is air tight, otherwise it will turn ugly.

Bennett has shown he won't roll over.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/02...y-brisbane-broncos-had-to-punt-wayne-bennett/

The Wayne Bennett-Anthony Seibold saga moved quickly from an untenable situation to an unimaginable one in the space of a few hours on Sunday.

After denials and a determination to set the record straight by Bennett on Friday, it took barely 10 hours after an article appeared in NewsCorp publications detailing Seibold's reaction to the latest twist in the tale for the "House that Wayne Built" to come crashing down.

From the outside it appears what has been said publicly, has not been the full story of what has been happening privately.

Bennett alluded to this on Friday by saying there was "a lot more" going on behind the scenes. But the 68-year-old's insistence that he had not spoken to Souths "about 2019, only 2020 and 2021" seems to be the simple crux of his undoing.

The NewsCorp article also revealed a Seibold email Souths CEO Blake Solly that he was told twice - by Solly and football manager Shane Richardson - that he would be coaching the Broncos in 2019.

Seibold has been cleaning out his office at Redfern and he and his wife had been making school inquiries for their three daughters in Brisbane.

He said he'd been kept out of the loop on training and football matters at the club for four weeks. Seibold also accused Bennett of speaking to senior South Sydney players and some football department staff, when he told the Friday press conference at Red Hill he had spoken to no one.

Seibold said he was "sick of Wayne carrying on. I've bit my tongue and said nothing until now".

And now it seems the Broncos are having their say as well.

It is hard to move Bennett on, akin to killing Santa Claus in Brisbane. The Broncos are highly respected and admired as an organisation and football team.

Bennett has brought the club six premierships and identified, developed, coached numerous Test and Origin stars. The fans love him because he has brought them success – a winning team, the only team in Brisbane, and they show that love by packing out Suncorp Stadium for virtually any home game.

They also like the way he's his own man and takes on the media, critics and commentators in defence of his team and his own actions.

But even the fans want fairness, integrity, and above all loyalty, from the Broncos – from the chairman, across to the coach, and down to the last player on the NRL roster.

No one likes to hear that what is stated publicly, turns out not to be the case privately.

Five weeks ago South Sydney trumpeted Wayne Bennett signing a two-year deal. Six days later and the Broncos fired back with their own press release saying Rabbitohs' Dally M coach of the year Anthony Seibold would be coming to Brisbane on a four-year deal.

The catch was that neither were taking up their posts until 2020. That prompted most everyone in the rugby league world to say the situation was untenable – or in other words unworkable, unsustainable when it came chiefly to the recruitment and futures of players and coaching staff.

But as the weeks went on, both Bennett and Seibold stood firm in their desires to see out the 2019 season with their respective clubs. They repeated that stance often, even when it became public knowledge South Sydney would prefer a swap to happen as soon as possible.

Bennett put the kybosh on that on Friday when he fronted the media to tell them he was staying.

And fans of both teams were prepared to accept it – whether they liked it or not – that both coaches were good enough, strong enough in character, and had the players support to finish off their respective contracts.

But the question now is whether the Broncos squad would be comfortable if Bennett was indeed talking to Rabbitohs players about their futures. By all means Bennett was not due back officially at Broncos training until Monday so he had a right to talk to anyone in his spare time.

However, Bennett pointedly said all the drama over an early swap was from Souths and the media.

Broncos captain Darius Boyd, who is close to Bennett, accused the media of following and harassing Bennett like he was "a criminal" and that he'd done nothing wrong.

Bennett may not have done anything "wrong" but neither club can be comfortable when such allegations are raised in the media.

The time had come for the saga to reach its conclusion. It's not quite there yet - Bennett will surely return serve, but the final chapter is not far away and these two men can get back to their business of actually coaching NRL teams.

The views in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily express the opinions of the NRL, ARLC, NRL clubs or state associations.

Both clubs shit me to tears, both coaches two of the biggest whingers and whiners in the league. The two clubs and coaches deserve each other and I hope that their seasons are over before they have begun.

Will be interesting to see exactly how the players feel about it all......

This game is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the country and a most unprofessional and badly run institution....

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Silverfox

New Pup
Reaction score
I turned on him when he went to the Dragons.

Not because he left, but he thinks his own shit don't stink. lol

It gets boring when the after game media conferences are on & he says fuck all.

People posting on other forums, saying he wants to honour his contract with the Broncos etc & how refreshing that is blah fucking blah.

They forgot he broke his contract with the Raiders to sign with Broncos, he broke his contract at Newcastle, he agreed to a Roosters contract & broke that etc.

WB is a hypocrite.

Bennett only cares about himself & no one else.

I mainly keep my thoughts about my club to myself, think I have had private conversations with some members here on what I think about my club.

I am vocal about other clubs, but not mine. lol
K

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’ll pay.
He’ll argue that his hand was forced by the broncos moving Seibold to Brisbane early.
It may Be bullshit, but it’ll be enough for the broncos to offer a settlement.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do we care. It's not our club in the headlines, I love it. Gives the media something to write about now instead of filling it with anti Bulldogs sentiment. Wayne won't care he'll use this to his advantage. The blokes been round too long for this to effect him. Lots of pressure on them both though now though. Will be a classic match when they front each other

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't really care about this, but I think Bennett is out of ideas from a coaching perspective. His premiership at the Dragons relied on a very simple and boring game plan. And despite having a really strong roster at the Broncos he struggled to get results. I don't think that he'll be any better for Souths.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both played the game Bennett and siebold it was always going to happen broncos didn’t wanna pay Bennett out
Now if the broncos don’t pay Bennett out maybe he can be a wistle blower on how they have been rourting the salary cap they news outlets would pay him a fortune for that scoop

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Will be announced by Souths tomorrow :grinning:

The photo’s of him at Souths were booked a few weeks ago

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bloke should have left the game 10 years ago when he shacked up with the Newie wench, destroying his legacy now. Hypocritical piece of shite that cheated on his family, no respect at all for him.