Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Benji's New Home To Trigger Major Roster Rejig - Sports Confidential Telegraph Story

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s $150k in Rorters Dollars, there’s a 3-to-1 exchange rate to AUD don’t forget.

He was asking for near $500k a while ago (TK numbers, so grain of salt)...now he’s happy to drop to a third of that?

I call shenanigans
You are probably right....more "space found" under that sombrero...

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt this will happen, we've already got an ageing roster no point adding to it. And besides we picked up Adam Keighran as our back up half so I see little value in adding Marshall.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt this will happen, we've already got an ageing roster no point adding to it. And besides we picked up Adam Keighran as our back up half so I see little value in adding Marshall.
Keighran is only 23 with only 9 NRL games so he doesn't really fix the problem of the lack of an experienced leader in the halves. Based on last season plainly Keary, even at 28 and 154 NRK games, is not up to it. Personally I see a lot of value in adding Marshall, it will be relatively easy for him, for all his career he has been expected to be the game winner. In this case he just has to lead the team around and get them to do what the coach wants them to do. No miracle plays required.

Go Dogs

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keighran is only 23 with only 9 NRL games so he doesn't really fix the problem of the lack of an experienced leader in the halves. Based on last season plainly Keary, even at 28 and 154 NRK games, is not up to it. Personally I see a lot of value in adding Marshall, it will be relatively easy for him, for all his career he has been expected to be the game winner. In this case he just has to lead the team around and get them to do what the coach wants them to do. No miracle plays required.

Go Dogs
I think we're looking for another Cronk and this is a square peg round hole thing. I just don't see Marshall as being a consistent organiser in that vein. We've also got Lam vying for the 7, Walker's apparently impressing all and pushing hard to make his debut, can't hold him back for long. And Marshall would be a weak link in the defensive line. Too many cons not enough pros looking forward.

I'd start with Lam and have Walker debut when the intensity drops after the first 4-5 rounds. See how he goes and take it from there.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Experienced depth player I guess? I can’t see him getting much game time unless there is an injury or two.
yeh id assume benji had no other options on the table.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good signing from bunnies.O wouldnt of minded if he came to us for a year or two as mentor and back up.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunnies apparently!!