News Benji Marshall Bulldogs chances and asking price

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benji and Tolman to the Sharks to prove veterans can play too.
After Flanagan and Burton, Barrett will not chase Benji

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Light Tricks suite from the Apple store has video and photo editing stuff that I use for more than gifs, but you can also make gifs with them. And ImgPlay from the Apple Store rounds it out. I’ve also got the full Adobe Suite but that’s more for other stuff, though you can use it for gifs, but at the price you want to be using it for more than gifs. And to tell the truth, the former mention cheaper stuff does them easier. Very technical the Adobe Suite, probably too much for my needs so I’ll probably let the subscription run out and save me self plenty per year. Just keep photoshop and acrobat and f*** the rest.
Cheers for the answer mate.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
And btw look for “Private Browser With Adblock” so you can rip vids straight off the net, including you know where, to use in your gifs or anything else. Instructions on YouTube, or should I say you know where.

But don’t tell anyone about it.
tenor.gif

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Malla, Burton has already made his decision (apparently he let the club know on Monday) so the club and Penrith would already know (I cant remember which thread it's in but he mentioned it yesterday).

I'm assuming if he had decided to stay at Penrith somebody on here would have leaked it already so hopefully it means he has signed and the delay is due to the club trying to get an early release

Benji would be a terrible consolation prize for missing out on Burton but I'd rather Benji over Lewis
Yes,but keep in mind he’s only played 5 games of nrl,we are buying his potential,that’s all,and how many clubs have been burnt,over the years for buying players,simply because of their potential.benji brings a lot of experience,has one of the best kicking games in the nrl.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Benji is washed up in a major way his defence is non existent and I don't think he was great at all this year otherwise players like Grub and Billy Walters wouldn't have pushed him out the side. For a player of his age he doesn't show his experience very well and takes the wrong option more times then not. As long as Averillo is in the spine it won't effect his development at all he will still get his hands on the ball.
You can only choose 1 for 1 year only

Benji or Lewis?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can only choose 1 for 1 year only

Benji or Lewis?
Can’t split them both love throwing a beautiful cut out pass into the grandstand. We aren’t going to make progress with either but if I had to choose I’d go Benji.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Benjis tackling makes Wakeman look like the defensive player of the year.

Guy has had his time in the sun. If he was willing to come for say 150k. Be a mentor and maybe have a dozen or so nrl games then might be worth a shot. But at 400k no way. That’s Burton money. And he’d take away valuable time from someone like averillo or wakeman developing in top grade.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Benji would be a great addition to our squad, Forans experience plus some without the price tag and the injuries and would be a great foil for Flanagan, otherwise your stuck with Lewis and or Wakem neither have what it takes yet to lead the team around yet and Averillo well has played ok with limited opportunity and his best position in the first grade squad is far from confirmed let alone certain. I understand most are concerned with Benjis defence but I think for him new team new opportunity I believe he would lift

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea why benji wants to keep playing should retire now

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No idea why benji wants to keep playing should retire now
No player will turn down a pay day. You are a long time retired. 400k will be a big bonus before retirement. If he can get the money he is after good luck to him. At the end of the day the game has become a business more than ever. Players need to look after themselves.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla is the latest club which I understand has expressed an interest in Benji. Whether an offer has been lodged I don’t know yet.

“The other smokie is the Bulldogs. They have a bit of money left over, whether they can get him cheap is to be determined.

“I don’t know if there’s been any official approach there either but certainly they’ve discussed Benji.

“The speculation is he wants $400,000 a year, which is probably on the higher scale for a bloke his age.
“Whether Benji has to drop it a bit, albeit he has been a wonderful player for a number of years, $400,000 seems a bit high.”

Fox Sports
Is it true Tolman is asking for $444444?

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why we even talking about Benji for he is old school and old news It's meant to be a rebuild and moving forward not backwards
Thank you!! common sense at last.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
150k at most and only for 1 year and that is only if we can't land burton for 2021, he's better then having Lewis partner flanagen