News Benji Marshall Bulldogs chances and asking price

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why we even talking about Benji for he is old school and old news It's meant to be a rebuild and moving forward not backwards

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get his brother JMK to chip in 50k from his pocket and the dogs will come up with the other 150k.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
250 k for Benji for next season while we wait for Burton would be a satisfactory result.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benji is a good short term solution (1 year) only if Panthers are playing hard ball with Burton.

Some of the passes he delivered at the Tigers this season was a joy to watch. His defense is a shambles. We'd be entertaining to watch at the least and it might bring the best out of JMK in the short term.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would we play Averillo at 6 if we are gunning for Burton and his future is at fullback? Would only stunt his development and we'd have two inexperienced halves. Benji was great this year and an experiences head would do wonders for a young but talented spine. If we can afford him and he's willing to come for one year, we should snap him up. Especially if he will lower his price tag a bit.
That's exactly my thinking. Doesn't make sense playing Av at 5/8 next year if we've got Burton signed up for '22. Gotta play him at fullback which is where I think he will be played

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get benji for 300-320k for one year and get burton 22 onwards it be alright full the gap experience half with our lot cause we were gonna pay 400 for matty burton anyways won’t hurt and get ado Carr or mansour we laughing I’m glad we hold a few positions open I said this off season will be a lot of movement plus we have a lot of players off contract in 21

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yuck. One year deal for a can of coke, twisties and a pie then Allgood.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washed up? Hardly.

His defence is no worse than Avos. He averaged the 3rd most Try assists and 3rd most LBAs per game in the comp this year, despite playing in a bottom 8 team. He would add some much needed experience and plenty of strike power and playing Avo at 6 would be counter productive if the long term plan is to play him at the back.
Would be good for averilos development,the tigers attack was shit,when they dropped him,and his kicking game in general,was missed badly,and would also be of great benefit for Kyle Flanagan,at the right money,around 300k,would be a no brainer.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If we don't sign Burton for next year and beyond then averillo is the 6. If Burton commits for 2022 than averillo is fullback next year . I would sign Benji to 1 year deal only as a stop gap and help the attack a little. But only is averillo is at 1.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Washed up? Hardly.

His defence is no worse than Avos. He averaged the 3rd most Try assists and 3rd most LBAs per game in the comp this year, despite playing in a bottom 8 team. He would add some much needed experience and plenty of strike power and playing Avo at 6 would be counter productive if the long term plan is to play him at the back.
I don't think we should take him unless he is cheap and we still have a spot to fill for 2021. But I agree with you, he isn't washed up.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has had the offer in his lap,for over a week now,I think he will stay at Penrith,if so benji would be useful,at around $300k,an experienced head like his would be a great bonus for us,let’s not forget,burton has played only 5 first grade games
According to Malla, Burton has already made his decision (apparently he let the club know on Monday) so the club and Penrith would already know (I cant remember which thread it's in but he mentioned it yesterday).

I'm assuming if he had decided to stay at Penrith somebody on here would have leaked it already so hopefully it means he has signed and the delay is due to the club trying to get an early release

Benji would be a terrible consolation prize for missing out on Burton but I'd rather Benji over Lewis

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do you use to make your gifs Ripley?
Light Tricks suite from the Apple store has video and photo editing stuff that I use for more than gifs, but you can also make gifs with them. And ImgPlay from the Apple Store rounds it out. I’ve also got the full Adobe Suite but that’s more for other stuff, though you can use it for gifs, but at the price you want to be using it for more than gifs. And to tell the truth, the former mention cheaper stuff does them easier. Very technical the Adobe Suite, probably too much for my needs so I’ll probably let the subscription run out and save me self plenty per year. Just keep photoshop and acrobat and f*** the rest.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't think we should take him unless he is cheap and we still have a spot to fill for 2021. But I agree with you, he isn't washed up.
It really depends if we have another signing in the works for next year, IMO. We have Green's money and at least a little left over, so if there are no viable options for us to sign for next year, I think he'd be a good pick up. Experience is something we could really use and so is strike power. Just my 2c.