bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
By Adrian Proszenko
November 25, 2020 — 12.01am

Could this be the moment the "Fox" becomes a Bulldog? Josh Addo-Carr took a tour of Canterbury's facilities on Tuesday afternoon as part of the Storm star's search for a new Sydney club for the 2022 season.

The Herald obtained exclusive photos of Addo-Carr arriving at Belmore Sports Ground for a meeting with Canterbury powerbrokers. The club pitched it's vision to the NSW and Australia winger in the hope he will become a marquee recruit for new coach Trent Barrett.
Addo-Carr appeared in a relaxed mood when arriving at Bulldogs headquarters with his manager, Mario Tartak.

Addo-Carr had initially sought an immediate release from the final year of his Melbourne contract in order to relocate to Sydney for family reasons. However, the parties agreed the 27-year-old would stay put when the premiers weren't able to find a suitable replacement.
Instead, the man dubbed the Fox has become one of the hottest commodities on the open market for season 2022.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.CREDIT:RHETT WYMAN

Addo-Carr had signed a heads of agreement to join Wests Tigers on a four-year deal had he gained an immediate release. However, that arrangement only applied if he was available for next season, meaning the speedster is free to negotiate with rival clubs. The Tigers are expected to remain in the mix for his services from 2022.

Addo-Carr is considering not only a change of club, but also a change in position. Having cemented his reputation as the game's best winger, the two-time premiership winner is contemplating a switch to the No.1 jersey. The Matraville Sports High School product played fullback for much of his junior career and believes the experience of watching long-time Melbourne teammate Billy Slater dominate in the position will aid his own transition.

A switch to fullback will also likely result in Addo-Carr commanding more money at the negotiating table.

The Bulldogs haven't settled on a fullback despite rotating Will Hopoate, Nick Meaney and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak through the role. However, they have made two notable additions to their back line in the form of Canberra three-quarter Nick Cotric and Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan.

Addo-Carr won't be the only star the Storm struggle to retain long term following another premiership season. As revealed by the Herald earlier this month, the Warriors are attempting to sign Jahrome Hughes. The halfback's stocks have risen since transitioning from fullback and the Warriors are preparing a long and lucrative deal to lure him across the Tasman.

The Storm is also waiting for an official call from captain Cameron Smith, although he has indicated he won't remain at the club given there are concerns his presence could impede the pathway of fellow hookers Brandon Smith and Harry Grant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's another article to F with us boys...

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Adrian Proszenko
November 25, 2020 — 12.01am

Could this be the moment the "Fox" becomes a Bulldog? Josh Addo-Carr took a tour of Canterbury's facilities on Tuesday afternoon as part of the Storm star's search for a new Sydney club for the 2022 season.

The Herald obtained exclusive photos of Addo-Carr arriving at Belmore Sports Ground for a meeting with Canterbury powerbrokers. The club pitched it's vision to the NSW and Australia winger in the hope he will become a marquee recruit for new coach Trent Barrett.
Addo-Carr appeared in a relaxed mood when arriving at Bulldogs headquarters with his manager, Mario Tartak.

Addo-Carr had initially sought an immediate release from the final year of his Melbourne contract in order to relocate to Sydney for family reasons. However, the parties agreed the 27-year-old would stay put when the premiers weren't able to find a suitable replacement.
Instead, the man dubbed the Fox has become one of the hottest commodities on the open market for season 2022.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.CREDIT:RHETT WYMAN

Addo-Carr had signed a heads of agreement to join Wests Tigers on a four-year deal had he gained an immediate release. However, that arrangement only applied if he was available for next season, meaning the speedster is free to negotiate with rival clubs. The Tigers are expected to remain in the mix for his services from 2022.

Addo-Carr is considering not only a change of club, but also a change in position. Having cemented his reputation as the game's best winger, the two-time premiership winner is contemplating a switch to the No.1 jersey. The Matraville Sports High School product played fullback for much of his junior career and believes the experience of watching long-time Melbourne teammate Billy Slater dominate in the position will aid his own transition.

A switch to fullback will also likely result in Addo-Carr commanding more money at the negotiating table.

The Bulldogs haven't settled on a fullback despite rotating Will Hopoate, Nick Meaney and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak through the role. However, they have made two notable additions to their back line in the form of Canberra three-quarter Nick Cotric and Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan.

Addo-Carr won't be the only star the Storm struggle to retain long term following another premiership season. As revealed by the Herald earlier this month, the Warriors are attempting to sign Jahrome Hughes. The halfback's stocks have risen since transitioning from fullback and the Warriors are preparing a long and lucrative deal to lure him across the Tasman.

The Storm is also waiting for an official call from captain Cameron Smith, although he has indicated he won't remain at the club given there are concerns his presence could impede the pathway of fellow hookers Brandon Smith and Harry Grant.
27 years old haha

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny they quote Fox as a source of their scoop but it's not on the Fox site.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day we had green who was carrying a acl injury at least benji is available and his experience might run off and getting burton for 22 is great too we need to get back to winning to make us look attractive to other players benji for next year and maybe come on and mentor afterwards

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possible top 8 in 2021 with Benji. Next year (2022) we can have Burton 6 and The Fox at 1. Avo can be given every chance at 1 in 2021 but please acknowledge Avo still learning his trade. Who knows, Avo could prove good at 1 or he could prove as effective as Smith was at centre this year. Avo can be the utility back in 22. Nobody gets a walk up start to a spine position unless theyre a proven dynamic talent like we think Burton is.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless this is followed by an official announcement that we have signed Burton for 22, this would be horrible news. If we've got Burton then I can live with this stop gap. If we miss out on Burton and we've signed Benji that would be a giant kick in the balls. FMD we need some good news.
The best news about signing Benji is no Lewis/Wakeham in the halves next year. That means potentially only 1 dud player in our spine for next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless this is followed by an official announcement that we have signed Burton for 22, this would be horrible news. If we've got Burton then I can live with this stop gap. If we miss out on Burton and we've signed Benji that would be a giant kick in the balls. FMD we need some good news.
Exactly what I was thinking, is only ok if Burton is definite otherwise we will have to go through this same bullshit again next year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love that article on JAC though good to see him at our ground i reckon we are going to get him..just my gut feel.
Considering that he would've met a whole host of clubs already in the hope to sign with them for the '21 season, I find it interesting that he's coming to us now. Doubt he'd have to see much more of the club to see? I mean, surely he went through all of that in the talks for this coming year?

So, why would he be here? You don't meet at the club to talk about financial matters, do you?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone see any of our current backs (excluding Cotric) that would run onto a bullet cut out pass from Benji to score or a chip kick or any tricks/flick passes etc he may have....?
I can.

Unmarked Hoppa steaming onto a cut out from Benji only to be tackled by an opposition forward for a 4m gain.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs will again have representation on Fox Sports programming ...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ugghh what does that say about the Burton deal then.. :disrelieved:
Wonder what they are paying him? must admit I've NEVER been a huge fan, his vast experience I suppose would be of assistance.
If we have signed Benji (I don’t believe the rumour) its actually a good sign we have signed Burton for mine. We would be back at the drawing board looking for a long term option at five eighth if Burton isn’t coming at all and signing Benji for one year wouldn’t make any sense.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck that give Avo the experience, the kid will carve up.
I agree,
Next year...lets be honest, i cant see us making the 8.
Its the first real rebuilding year since Des.

Wasting time on a one year deal on Benji doesnt really help us.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The longer we don't sign Benji the greater the possibility that Burton will be joining us for 2021. Can only hope. Can't see the Panthers accepting Lewis in a player swap though so a big hope.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We are not signing Bunji, end of. Not like Tigers/Dragons/Broncos benefitted with him in recent years.