BENJI BECOMES BULLDOGS’ PLAN B AS SHARKS LIFELINE FADES

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ugghh what does that say about the Burton deal then.. :disrelieved:
Wonder what they are paying him? must admit I've NEVER been a huge fan, his vast experience I suppose would be of assistance.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ugghh what does that say about the Burton deal then.. :disrelieved:
Wonder what they are paying him? must admit I've NEVER been a huge fan, his vast experience I suppose would be of assistance.
Might not get burton until 22 thats if we get him at all. Benji is decent we lack experience and his attack is pretty good, 20 or so try assists this year.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless this is followed by an official announcement that we have signed Burton for 22, this would be horrible news. If we've got Burton then I can live with this stop gap. If we miss out on Burton and we've signed Benji that would be a giant kick in the balls. FMD we need some good news.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless this is followed by an official announcement that we have signed Burton for 22, this would be horrible news. If we've got Burton then I can live with this stop gap. If we miss out on Burton and we've signed Benji that would be a giant kick in the balls. FMD we need some good news.
I can live with it if he’s keeping the 6warm for Burton otherwise he’s just keeping a young bloke like Averillo, Wakeham or even Lewis from potentially developing and becoming a long term solution

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the end of the world.... once again, some keep forgetting that we’ve picked up Flanagan which is a big bonus for 2021. With the remaining Top 30 spots..... we need some speed/depth in the backs FFS asap

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can live with it if he’s keeping the 6warm for Burton otherwise he’s just keeping a young bloke like Averillo, Wakeham or even Lewis from potentially developing and becoming a long term solution
Agree. If Avo is going to be our long term FB we may as well play him at 1 next year and give the 6 jersey to Benji. I can't see Wakeham being the long term 6 as he doesn't have a running game, which we need to compliment Flanno.

If Benji is a stop gap for Burton then it's not too bad as he's an upgrade on Green. MasterP has been saying it's not going to happen so it could just be fake news

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree. If Avo is going to be our long term FB we may as well play him at 1 next year and give the 6 jersey to Benji. I can't see Wakeham being the long term 6 as he doesn't have a running game, which we need to compliment Flanno.

If Benji is a stop gap for Burton then it's not too bad as he's an upgrade on Green. MasterP has been saying it's not going to happen so it could just be fake news
This. People keep saying that Av should be 5/8 if Burton doesn't come this year, but his long-term future isn't there but at fullback. Gotta play Av there next year, and someone else at 5/8.

getting Buron in '21 was always a long-shot. As long as we sign him up for '22 I'm more than happy with Benjo for '21.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What it would confirm though, is Burton is 0% chance of coming in 21 and I’m still deluding myself that it’s a possibility. Benji’s experience would be invaluable there’s no question of that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope this is wrong :confused: . I think Benji is a very good attacking player, my issue is he's way too dominant (I'm not too concerned with defence from a five-eighth). I don't have the most faith in him helping develop Flanagan, just look at Brooks career trajectory. I would much prefer Meaney at fullback and Averillo at five-eighth over signing Benji (moving Averillo to fullback in 2022 would be annoying after a season at five-eighth, but yeah, I'd still prefer it, Munster did it the other way around).

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This. People keep saying that Av should be 5/8 if Burton doesn't come this year, but his long-term future isn't there but at fullback. Gotta play Av there next year, and someone else at 5/8.

getting Buron in '21 was always a long-shot. As long as we sign him up for '22 I'm more than happy with Benjo for '21.
Meaney is a natural fullback though imo and Avo could flourish at 6 under Barrett especially since we now have a half that can direct the team around . Avo could just attack the line as he see’s fit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney is a natural fullback though imo and Avo could flourish at 6 under Barrett especially since we now have a half that can direct the team around . Avo could just attack the line as he see’s fit
If we do indeed sign Burton, then there's really no point in starting Avo there. Best to play him in the position he'll be in the longterm imo

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we do indeed sign Burton, then there's really no point in starting Avo there. Best to play him in the position he'll be in the longterm imo
Absolutely ! It’s the big IF though . . . You know the old saying IF your Aunty had a cock she’d be your uncle

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone see any of our current backs (excluding Cotric) that would run onto a bullet cut out pass from Benji to score or a chip kick or any tricks/flick passes etc he may have....?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe what this means is we have signed Leniu and Burton for 22 and the Panthers were so pissed off about losing Leniu that they have refused to release Burton out of spite, so we've signed Benji as a stop gap. That would be a great outcome.

Or maybe I'm just a delusional c***

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe what this means is we have signed Leniu and Burton for 22 and the Panthers were so pissed off about losing Leniu that they have refused to release Burton out of spite, so we've signed Benji as a stop gap. That would be a great outcome.

Or maybe I'm just a delusional c***
Someone’s posted on another thread that A Hopoate is signing in the coming days. It’s becoming like a car accident. . . I know I shouldn’t keep looking, but I can’t look away !

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone’s posted on another thread that A Hopoate is signing in the coming days. It’s becoming like a car accident. . . I know I shouldn’t keep looking, but I can’t look away !
Haha I know what you mean.
A Hopoate would have to be on a development contract so I can't imagine he would be in the top 30 but you never know. I hope he's not the outside back we have reportedly already signed...I was hoping that was JAC

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
SMH story right now on JAC visiting Belmore today with manager. Can someone post it?