Benefit of Dean Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With Dean Pay coaching the NSW under 16's and under 18's the last few years surely he has developed good relationships with the top NSW talent there is. If he were to become our head coach would there open up opportunities for us to pinch the best NSW kids so they could play under Pay? Apparently they are undefeated under him.
It would be a direct opposite to what has happened the last 6 years under Hasler. He has hardly blooded or attracted a top young player in that time.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had no idea that all these so called Kids wanted to play for the Bulldogs TBH

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea about his coaching credntials, however he was one of my favourite players back in the day

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want him as coach personally, but he'd be better than Des I guess.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had no idea that all these so called Kids wanted to play for the Bulldogs TBH
I have it on good authority that if Des leaves, they will all sign up to play for free at the Dogs.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean is assitant coach at raiders, there going just as good as us.
Not the right option, sign a proven coach who can attract quality players like kevin walters.
Straight shooter, great fella, when he speaks everyone respects his opinion, unlike mumbles hasler.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the right option, sign a proven coach who can attract quality players like kevin walters.
Straight shooter, great fella, when he speaks everyone respects his opinion, unlike mumbles hasler.
Proven coach???? Hes coached two seasons of superleague. Origin doesn't really show much because its 3 weeks of preparation and hes coaching slater, jt, cronk and smith who could probably do the job without him.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone has the guts to drop 5 proven origin players for rookies to turn a footy side around has more guts and beleif than anyone on the list of others spoken about. Walters coached a side with a much smaller pack to outmuscle a bigger high regarded pack, given his side had slater/ smith/cronk etc, also minus inglis scott darius boyd etc.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The coaching problem the Raiders have is Ricky Stewart, not Dean Pay. Stewart''s previous win percentage before the Raiders is: Roosters 61% - Sharks 42% - Eels 21%. And that is not much to be proud of.

Blaming Dean Pay for the way the Raiders are traveling now is like blaming Jim Dymock if the Bulldogs don't make the semis. For me I'd love to see Dean Pay - Coach with Jim Dymock - Assistant Coach. Its just my opinion but I think these two guys have got the ability to tansfer their playing ability to the squad that they would be responsible for.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is je a proven coach? Oh he won a few origin series with arguably the best football team ever. Coach Q Cup doesnt prove your a good coach either. Plus he is a queenslander.

My argument for pay is that he is one of the ol school types who played hard every single game and didnt take a backward step. For this reason he would be great for our forward pack. And he wouldnt settle for hasbeens like eastwood, or lazy fucks like kasiano. Perform or be dropped!!
And surely since he coached the under 18s NSW team he has a good raport with young men and would also have a good idea about young up an coming talent. These are two things hasler does not seem to have.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always like Dean Pay as player.. tough, no nonsense, real old school

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#1 he is a Queenslander.
#2 He ia a SOO Coach.
#3 You cannot Coach at SOO level and Coach in the NRL.
#4 Kevin Walters has never Coached an NRL side and neither has Daley.
and finally, what makes you so sure he wants to coach the Bulldogs??

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How is je a proven coach? Oh he won a few origin series with arguably the best football team ever. Coach Q Cup doesnt prove your a good coach either. Plus he is a queenslander.

My argument for pay is that he is one of the ol school types who played hard every single game and didnt take a backward step. For this reason he would be great for our forward pack. And he wouldnt settle for hasbeens like eastwood, or lazy fucks like kasiano. Perform or be dropped!!
And surely since he coached the under 18s NSW team he has a good raport with young men and would also have a good idea about young up an coming talent. These are two things hasler does not seem to have.
Your arguement for pay is true,the same attributes apply for kevin Walters.
As for dropping eastwood and kas, walters dropped 5 origin players.
Walters has the proven ifrastucture, proven game plans and management,good media relationship,is respected by match officials.
As well Walter's has won as a player 4 premierships,could attract the elite players more than a dean pay type,so what if he is a Queenslander?
Where we fall short is in the halves,kevin is an ex test half.
So many pluses to sign this guy,probably could get cronk over also.
Just because i disagree with some you guys doesnt mean im being disagreeable.
Bottom line is ,hasler has to go,and we all want whats best for our team/club.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your arguement for pay is true,the same attributes apply for kevin Walters.
As for dropping eastwood and kas, walters dropped 5 origin players.
Walters has the proven ifrastucture, proven game plans and management,good media relationship,is respected by match officials.
As well Walter's has won as a player 4 premierships,could attract the elite players more than a dean pay type,so what if he is a Queenslander?
Where we fall short is in the halves,kevin is an ex test half.
So many pluses to sign this guy,probably could get cronk over also.
Just because i disagree with some you guys doesnt mean im being disagreeable.
Bottom line is ,hasler has to go,and we all want whats best for our team/club.
Perhaps your right. Maybe he is a great coach. But its hard to gauge with the roster he has had.
I Always thought ex halves make good coaches, but hasler was a halfback.............
I Just think that the majority of people would prefer someone that has bled for the club. I could just see dymock and pay having a few beers reminiscing about the good ol days and then committing to do everything humanly possible to get this club back to where it should be. At the top!!!
I Dont think you have to be an ex player to make a good coach, but at this point in time it would appease the fans greatly.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters 36% win rate in 2 seasons in Super League. Sign him up now, fkn lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Dean Pay coaching the NSW under 16's and under 18's the last few years surely he has developed good relationships with the top NSW talent there is. If he were to become our head coach would there open up opportunities for us to pinch the best NSW kids so they could play under Pay? Apparently they are undefeated under him.
It would be a direct opposite to what has happened the last 6 years under Hasler. He has hardly blooded or attracted a top young player in that time.
Id say the real benefit is that hes in the canberra system and hopefully Papalii and Cotric like him so we can steal em'

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walters also won consecutive Origin series in what supposedly was NSW dawn of a 'new era' lol

More like new errors

Status
Not open for further replies.