Opinion Bench Fozz?

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd take Lewis out of the side, aside from tackling he offers nothing. I'd bring back Wakeham to partner cogger the rest of the year and leave Foran out, if he comes back even off the bench he'll probably have three runs, get injured again and miss half of next year
Tackling is a big part of the game mate... I like Lewis defence, in recent games he has been there and saved us a few times doesn't miss to many that try to run him down.

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Perhaps we could protect Fozz and have him create some carnage at the same time. If we benched him and used him for the second 20 minutes of each half when the opposition are getting a little tired. I know this would take a forward from the bench but wouldn’t it be interesting and we would have Lewis to cover. What do you think?
I recall that Warren Ryan did something like this with Steve Mortimer?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tackling is a big part of the game mate... I like Lewis defence, in recent games he has been there and saved us a few times doesn't miss to many that try to run him down.
Agreed, he's a great tackler....but that's all he basically offers, imo the bad in his game currently outweighs the good

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is a bench player already, he currently plays 20mins a game

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'd take Lewis out of the side, aside from tackling he offers nothing. I'd bring back Wakeham to partner cogger the rest of the year and leave Foran out, if he comes back even off the bench he'll probably have three runs, get injured again and miss half of next year
We are a much better team in every way with Lewis playing. His defence clearly inspires and seals up the middle. He just needs to find open space with his kicks.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis brings wins....look at the stats when he is in the team

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying his salary is to big for him to be on the bench.
Would it make any difference if a lowly paid player was in the same position?
Theres little doubt that he offers more than the incumbents, however they are doing a good job, they are the future, and probably
should be persevered with.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It probably isn't going to matter anyways. Foran will get injured again after 1-2 games.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck..... in all seriousness, he's probably a good guy and all but he should be honourable and retire at years end.
He knows he and Hasler somehow put him on this ludicrous contract with money he wouldn't get from any other team.
He knows he has taken this club for a ride and to this date has already earned more than enough for his efforts.
He knows being on our books for 1.2mil next year is going to kill us.
Dib took all the credit for signing Foran.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck..... in all seriousness, he's probably a good guy and all but he should be honourable and retire at years end.
He knows he and Hasler somehow put him on this ludicrous contract with money he wouldn't get from any other team.
He knows he has taken this club for a ride and to this date has already earned more than enough for his efforts.
Chris or Pay should have a good hard long talk to him, and remind him of the facts of life, no doubt he would want to get all the money he is contracted for, every man and his dog know that we are a "wealthy " club and many have come to our club thinking its a milking cow. It may be possible to pay him out in a way which would least affect our cap.
If he has any sense and decency he would agree to such a deal, when Hasler became coach it didn't take me long to realize that although he did his best, he did not have his whole heart in the job.
Foran might be the ultimate professional but he was at Manly along time to, and I'm not sure that he loves our club as much he loved Manly.Failing to get him to agree to such a deal Pay or someone above him must call the shots and refuse to play him, or at worse play him in the CC comp. It will not be in our club long term interest to persevere with him.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBF to Foran - when he HAS played, he has been one of our best.

But I am also firmly of the opinion that when his contract up, it is goodbye, so long, farewell.

The difficulty is what do you do until then? Do we put him in the 17 every week, based on his salary. Or, knowing that come 2021 he won't be here - develop talent.
Where better off keeping heel for next year so he’s off our books completely sooner rather then later

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with everything but slap the shoe on your foot and I bet you would continue to ride the club one more year... because I would 100% it’s 1.2mil Hahahaha

Malla

Reaction score
I agree with everything but slap the shoe on your foot and I bet you would continue to ride the club one more year... because I would 100% it’s 1.2mil Hahahaha
Pay should just get Ogden to tackle the fuck out of him at training to the point of injury to force him to retire

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's the point in bringing him back.only 4 games to go let cogger and lewis play together and get more fg experience.if one gets injured bring in wakeham.
I'd even start foran in the reggies next year and say we'll pick u in fg subject to injuries.let him mentor younger guys it's quite clear he's body not up to the rigours of fg.
Then the club can learn from this stuff up and never sign a player that's been plagued with injuries for the last 3 or 4 years on such big money.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Which is why he should bulk up and play lock.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay should just get Ogden to tackle the fuck out of him at training to the point of injury to force him to retire
So 2 tackles then?