Ben Roberts

Malla

Reaction score
I think he played out of position most of his career. He did not have the skillset to be a good half. Would only be successful at 5/8 alongside a dominant half where he could just focus on running the ball and supporting a la Terry Lamb. Wasnt a coincidence that 09 was his best year because he played along side Kimmorley.

He had the skillset of an outside back - probably should have been a centre.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ironically Ben Roberts is smashed on this forum but over 50 posters have said Lewis will be something special when he doesn’t have 1/10th the skill set of Roberts

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, he was playing ESL as late as last year. Anyone know if he's still running around, maybe kicking it out on the full in a suburban park somewhere?

A

Alexander the Great

Ironically Ben Roberts is smashed on this forum but over 50 posters have said Lewis will be something special when he doesn’t have 1/10th the skill set of Roberts
He had a short kicking game which was rock solid but defense was average.
Having feet for hands also didn't help him.

Played one standout super star game up in Brisbane when he was playing for a contract.
Absolutely cut them up...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So, he was playing ESL as late as last year. Anyone know if he's still running around, maybe kicking it out on the full in a suburban park somewhere?
Yeah still running around. I think he's playing for Narellan Jets this year if I'm not mistaken?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I liked his kicking game, I liked his running game, he was a strong tackler, so he had mostly good ingredients

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes this is correct seen him today at training
Group 6 for Narellan Jets it’s his junior club putting it back in to grass roots can’t knock him for that

Wasn’t he from Kingsgrove? narellen is pretty far from Kingsgrove

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but Lewis is at the wrong club to improve in those areas he needs improving. He needs a good coach to teach him and I think Melbourne storm would be an ideal club for him. Josh Reynolds has more skills than Lewis but Lewis in defence is probably the best defensive half we've ever had. I can't see him improving more here Unless Sherwin can make him better. I don't i know I hope he proves us all wrong.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but Lewis is at the wrong club to improve in those areas he needs improving. He needs a good coach to teach him and I think Melbourne storm would be an ideal club for him. Josh Reynolds has more skills than Lewis but Lewis in defence is probably the best defensive half we've ever had. I can't see him improving more here Unless Sherwin can make him better. I don't i know I hope he proves us all wrong.
If he can't improve with the likes of Foran and Sherwin on the scene I don't know if there is much hope unfortunately