Ben Roberts

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2009 was unbelievable. Rest of career probably explains why the highlights video wasnt that long.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dude was an enigma... people like to shit on him, but he's got the best short kicking game (grubber) out of any half we have had since Sherwin imo.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Roberts for us was a diamond in the rough in his days a a bulldog... have not heard his name for ages, brings backs some awesome memories tbh, loved his kicking game, we won many games with him..!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Roberts.
There was a footballer in him,
He just didn't bring it enough.
Too many brain farts took away from anything good he would do in a game.

Was a real shame, I don't think he ever reached his potential

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't believe he was still playing up to 2019.

Even Bellamy couldn't get the best out of him but did OK in super league.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was much maligned here. But if he'd come along after we moved Mbye on I think he'd have been rated as a Messiah. He didn't have the greatest all round ability set. But I always thought he was among the best at drawing players in defence and getting a quality pass away to players he'd created space for. In some ways his ability in that regard reminds me of Forans strength. Had a pretty decent kicking game too. On top of all that his running game was pretty strong which helped him to draw defenders.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember I saw him out one night and I chatted to him. Gave him some advice :p and I swear he must have scored 2-3 try’s a few days later against the warriors.

Either that or I dreamt it :p but if he scores a hat trick against warriors then my story is legit :p can’t remember. Many many drinks ago.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I remember correctly didn't he carve up the Broncos one game?
10/10 game that albeit against an ill stricken Broncos.. shame we never saw that performance from him before or after that..

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
New highlights video from the club. Really it ought to include some moments from that game he helped us win against the Storm, as a Storm player.

He was a decent attacking running-half for a few years there.
Being he is a local in my area I’ve met him many times at the gym and in the sheds after a Dogs game, and honestly he is an utter gentleman with no tickets on himself. He was always quite happy to sit there and chat like you’ve been best mates for years and answers any questions you have openly and honestly, didn’t reach the heights as a player but then again he never pretended he did, but reached plenty of heights as a person which is more important to me! I wish him all the best in anything he does after his career.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
10/10 game that albeit against an ill stricken Broncos.. shame we never saw that performance from him before or after that..
The swine flu lol

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ultimate lobster. Good body but shit for brains.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved his knock ons and kicks out on the full no one could do it better

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being he is a local in my area I’ve met him many times at the gym and in the sheds after a Dogs game, and honestly he is an utter gentleman with no tickets on himself. He was always quite happy to sit there and chat like you’ve been best mates for years and answers any questions you have openly and honestly, didn’t reach the heights as a player but then again he never pretended he did, but reached plenty of heights as a person which is more important to me! I wish him all the best in anything he does after his career.
He had a great time over in ESL.

A

Alexander the Great

My all time most hated Bulldogs... closely followed by Holland/Montoya/ Kris Keating.
He made me nervous every time he caught the call.