Ben Barba Stood Down Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I've been lurking a lot longer than my profile suggests. I'm aware this isn't a democracy, I was under the impression it was a place where you could come and talk about the bulldogs, but all year I've seen a campaign launched against anything anti-barba, that is, until the Club released him and leaked this story to the media, then it's time to pile on.

Since though, as you've already explained, we have no rights, you and the others will go about rewriting history Ministry of Truth style.

Carry on sir.
Cool story.

So you label me as a mod who bans people without cause, without an iota of evidence.
I tell you politely how to handle your complaint.
You accuse me of being a power-tripper, by power-tripping.

Oh, I like THIS game ! :thumb:
You're winning for sure ...

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the admin to release the dirt like he said he would if Barba goes to broncos

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Cool story.

So you label me as a mod who bans people without cause, without an iota of evidence.
I tell you politely how to handle your complaint.
You accuse me of being a power-tripper, by power-tripping.

Oh, I like THIS game ! :thumb:
You're winning for sure ...
You are the one here defending those who banned everyone trying to figure out the truth with Barba, so you have been lumped in with them.

Evidence? You already explained I have 'NO RIGHTS', why would you suddenly pretend like you care about legal process? That's pretty funny.

I'm not interested in arguing with you, you're obviously an expert on over 10,000 posts, I'm sure you could argue with people online all day...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul kent did suggest that barbas injury isnt real and he wont play for them again

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look i absolutely agree that there is an element of arselicking that goes on here. I dont' frequent enough to say who and why but even knowing that, this isn't a place for open slather. Legals issues can be levelled at the owner of the site so they have to take care of business at times.

One other thing. Some of the mods and popular posters are clearly on the anti Barba wagon and they are still here.

As for Todd. He's done exactly what he is required to do by Law. Barba may have been getting treatment for more than just booze and gambling but really it was in no ones best interest to say it was more if the lass wasn't going to the cops. Not a lot you can do in that situation.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No-one has any idea what the COC is and to what extent it has been breached, in comparison to Reni. How one can possibly compare two differing sets of circumstances with a multitude of contrasting set of events/circumstances leading up to this event is beyond me. If said details are released and said double standards are proved to be true then please shoot me down.
*bang bang*

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
perhaps in theory. But there has been a fascist element to this whole barba saga and how it has played out on here.

well connected posters disputing mounting evidence of a bigger issue. Censoring of anything that came from the other side of the ledger. And denials from people such as mr I, who perpetuated his own 100 % correct assertions while shooting down all and sundry who dared to post anything not congruous with the "official line"

We should have known more was afoot when there was no defamation or any blowback after wally Lewis claimed domestic abuse very early on in the peace.

Bulldogs have handled ths terribly, and I expect there to be serious consequences for Todd. You cant cover up criminal allegations while telling the public that sanctions have been imposed on barba for something different.

This isn't over by a long shot.
There were no allegations, the woman refused to go to police. For there to be an allegation, she'd have to file a report. In legal terms, she made informal inquiries before recanting her story. I'm not saying she didn't get hit by him, just that what she said doesn't amount to an allegation.

With regard to your point about the club supposedly covering up the situation, if there is no allegation made, the club would potentially have defamed Barba by making a statement about the situation. Instead, many of the statements I read from the club were left ambiguous, saying things like "dealing with a range of off-field problems". There's isn't much more they could have said.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
... is it because I compared you to Crusader ?
im talking about what was going to happen to me if i continued to tell the truth, like you were warning me to stfu or id get banned

at least i saw it as a threat

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
im talking about what was going to happen to me if i continued to tell the truth, like you were warning me to stfu or id get banned

at least i saw it as a threat
I don't threaten to ban people Rod.
I just hack into their settings and change their avatars and sigs.

You're asking me to recall what I was thinking 6 months ago (and that in itself is hard because I barely put any thought into what I post to begin with), but I think it was along the lines of 'Rod's sounding like a CD with a scratch, stuck playing the same 20 seconds'.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and you get on alright Mr I, send us a pm about it

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mr I is a grammar cop too. My bro posted conversations and replies at the time. There has been just as much accusations n allegations made against ben on here as the few words my bro tweeted to him.

Also I didn't attack ck to unblock me I specifically wrote it to u. As for u being a smartass in regards to ur opening lines na ur not a power tripper at all r ya. If u ask me the only keyboard warrior Is urself

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't we just say "allegedly" before posting something to cover our arse?

The media do it so why can't we?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
**** YOU BARBA...the club and supporters are imploding. Did you guys not realise we won a game last night, and i am still wearing my jersey today.
Ha Ha well said Snowman, my Jersey is getting as bit smelly too!! no more threads on that spoilt little snot nose Barba if I had a choice!!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul kent did suggest that barbas injury isnt real and he wont play for them again
Yea, I clearly remember when the supposed injury happened after he scored that try then half ran half hoped off the field with no assistance, every one commentating on the game could not believe that there was no assistance to take the weight off his ankle or even a media cab, then they showed him hoping around in the change rooms getting dressed again with no one in the change room with him, very weird indeed at the time.
tree days later he is playing horsies with his Kids and no moon boot, a week later I read a post that he was at a Pub in Bathurst NSW. WTF??

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr I is a grammar cop too. My bro posted conversations and replies at the time. There has been just as much accusations n allegations made against ben on here as the few words my bro tweeted to him.

Also I didn't attack ck to unblock me I specifically wrote it to u. As for u being a smartass in regards to ur opening lines na ur not a power tripper at all r ya. If u ask me the only keyboard warrior Is urself
What your brother wrote to him was a disgrace...

Status
Not open for further replies.