Ben Barba [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After an off season hickey would be a gun, Id start hickey and hannant and have hodgson starting @ 2nd row.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ryan has to pull his finger out, if he wasn't the captain he would of been dropped

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After an off season hickey would be a gun, Id start hickey and hannant and have hodgson starting @ 2nd row.
Not sure bout that one.

Ryan isn't attacking and Waburton is developing. Hodgson is another hard worker, no impact so I don't think he would be the answer in the backrow tbh.

Hickey knows he has to get fit. Big target in defence atm.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure bout that one.

Ryan isn't attacking and Waburton is developing. Hodgson is another hard worker, no impact so I don't think he would be the answer in the backrow tbh.

Hickey knows he has to get fit. Big target in defence atm.
Hodgo came to the club as a 2nd rower, He's been at prop because we didnt really have another bloke that could do the job that he has been doing, A fit hickey will be more effective starting at prop, Everyone says hickey has been targed in defence blah blah i have not seen him miss any important tackles, Against the knights hickey started at prop and hodgo was playing 2nd row our forward pack ate the knights pack alive.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ive heard people saying that 3 years running, i wouldnt get my hopes up tbh.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has not had an off season in long time his back injury made him miss this years off season, Should be right now, His not on 200k for no reason.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
He has not had an off season in long time his back injury made him miss this years off season, Should be right now, His not on 200k for no reason.
true he does have it in him, however he did have 2 full off seasons previously :p

i hope he does get into shape, he doesnt need to lose much. With his height he should be looking at dropping to around 105-107 kilos. Pretty sure he is around 115 atm so really if he puts his fat ass down he can do it!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgo came to the club as a 2nd rower, He's been at prop because we didnt really have another bloke that could do the job that he has been doing, A fit hickey will be more effective starting at prop, Everyone says hickey has been targed in defence blah blah i have not seen him miss any important tackles, Against the knights hickey started at prop and hodgo was playing 2nd row our forward pack ate the knights pack alive.
We're back to disagreeing.:love:

Hickey missed a tackle on Hayne, so Hayne offloaded to Galavau to score under the posts.

Against the Knights, would've been a try to I think Gidley if Ennis didn't come and save Hickey and against the KNights, Hodgo played like a prop anyways.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're back to disagreeing.:love:

Hickey missed a tackle on Hayne, so Hayne offloaded to Galavau to score under the posts.

Against the Knights, would've been a try to I think Gidley if Ennis didn't come and save Hickey and against the KNights, Hodgo played like a prop anyways.
Hodgo played prop when hickey came off, And your talking about hayne alot of players missed him this season.

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
Picking roberts at lock? Moving Stagg out of lock? Picking a NYC player over a dual premiership winning winger? Moving Morris away from Goodwin? Thank God your no where near our coaching staff
Mate look who Steve Turner played in a team with, the worlds best center, have a sook somewhere else lol. Morris can be in the 3 and play with Goodwin, the number doesnt mean **** lol. And Roberts would be a ideal lock, he can play the ball and run the fringe, ideally he will be playing the same role he does now with less of an organisational role, Stagg would still be tight in the middle, he is a renowned center you ******! And Hindmarsh tightens up the Eels middle third so have a think, I would pretty much think utilising attacking potential will get the best out of the squad. Danger men will find it easier to get the ball and Roberts footwork will carve up the tiring forwards. There is no difference in a Lock and Five-Eight anymore. Btw speed can not be taught or coached against, and Turner has **** all, but I would be happy to see him there none the less. You all dont have to be so extreme, ****!

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
Barba should only replace a bench player next year
1. cant tackle- Seriously needs to learn how
2. yesterday he was in the right place at the right time for all 3 of those trys
3. he faded in and out of the game like u wouldnt belive, first 10 he was all over the place doing everything then went missing till half time, second half was around for final 15-20min only.

Nick taylor should be considered for wing or something next year, fast as hell and can tackle
I like your idea on picking someone strong and fast for a winger. Thats what they are all leaning towards. But just on the Barba, he has teammates to help him tackle, he was smart enough to be in the right place at the right time, he has a footy head. And that spark that he could add might go along way, seems alot of the cockfags on here forgot his efforts against the Warriors. There for 10 minutes and given the opportunity he came off with the sweets.

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
I'm sorry but i thought this thread was about Ben Barba? Most of the people calling for him to be in the team dont even watch our reserve grade play. One game yesterday is not enough to gauge how he is really going. Even then Reserve Grade is so much less intense than playing first grade.

It may interest all of you bagging to know that Holdsworth actually carves up Reserve Grade too. Less pressure and actually steers the team around TEN times better than Barba does. If he played yesterday we wouldve been leading by a much bigger margin imo. AND you cant wait to see the back of him!
One game, dont be ridiculous, the fella has played in the team to get them to the grand final, he blitzed them in many areas, he has scored 31 tries this year alone. He has the buzz lol. Holdsworth is not a bad NRL player either to many of your dislikings, he can step up to the plate when needed, other than those times he is just a back up man.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah and they said fui fui moi moi would never amount to anything too.

props dont usually peak until at least 24/25 or later.

hickey will come good at some stage.. but until he does he should be playing NSW cup. Once he does he'll be devastating.. cant wait.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yay Ben Barba :grinning:

I wasn't able to get online since Friday afternoon but it's good to hear he played well in the GF. Hopefully he get's his shot to play FG next year and proves a few guys wrong ;)

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yay Ben Barba :grinning:

I wasn't able to get online since Friday afternoon but it's good to hear he played well in the GF. Hopefully he get's his shot to play FG next year and proves a few guys wrong ;)
You were proved wrong because again he was not ready for fg this season even though you have been sooking about him getting a go since 08.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were proved wrong because again he was not ready for fg this season even though you have been sooking about him getting a go since 08.
How was I proved wrong? He didn't get a chance after the Warriors game did he.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How was I proved wrong? He didn't get a chance after the Warriors game did he.
Didnt deserve a chance after the warriors game, Your to blind to see what a 5/8 needs to be able to do in first grade, If you had a clue after watching the gf this weekend you would know that the kid isnt ready to start fg @ 5/8.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt deserve a chance after the warriors game, Your to blind to see what a 5/8 needs to be able to do in first grade, If you had a clue after watching the gf this weekend you would know that the kid isnt ready to start fg @ 5/8.
Good thing the season doesn't start for another five months then aye.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think its a issue of "he didnt deserver a chance" in 1st grade

I think that Moore thinks it was more benificial that he spent a whole year in NSW cup at halfback, playing against men and leading a side around. and i agree

The experience he got this year will be invaluable next year when he plays FG

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good thing the season doesn't start for another five months then aye.
You need to watch afew nrl games from this year and watch how many tackles 5/8s make, Then put the nsw cup grand final replay on and watch how many barba makes and where he defends then you might understand why he hasnt played fg this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.