Ben Barba Interview

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenturd is the one to blame for Barba, instead of helping Barba face up to his demons and get him all the help he needs, he covered up Barba's issues and let him go! Barba is a pure genius on the football field, just needed the right people to help him off it!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Greenturd is the one to blame for Barba, instead of helping Barba face up to his demons and get him all the help he needs, he covered up Barba's issues and let him go! Barba is a pure genius on the football field, just needed the right people to help him off it!
Pretty sure it was Greenburg that put him in South Pacific Private hospital if I’m not mistaken. Then later on, Barba hit his mrs and he covered it up for him and fkd him off. That’s what I remember hearing at the time. Something along those lines

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he let it so many tries that a normal fullback would be able to stop, so in reality his net try scoring was something very low and maybe negative

i remember in 2011 kevin moore was under pressure to keep his job and barba produced a real piece of shit of a game against penrith and moore was soon relived of his duties about 10 days later

I don’t like the guy, but you’re full of shit, Rod.

He was a rookie in 2011. His test in 2012 will go down as one of the best individual seasons by a player in the history of a game. His defence and positional play was very good thst year. Will never forget his match saving tackle against souths.

I hope he is getting a handle on his addiction and anger issues because he really had a lot of issues.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don’t like the guy, but you’re full of shit, Rod.

He was a rookie in 2011. His test in 2012 will go down as one of the best individual seasons by a player in the history of a game. His defence and positional play was very good thst year. Will never forget his match saving tackle against souths.

I hope he is getting a handle on his addiction and anger issues because he really had a lot of issues.
let me guess barba rounded someone up from behind and grabbed at them, you really should forget about that tbh its not like the perrett try saver that helped us beat the roosters and sbw in 2014, that was straight up 1v1 ball and all tackle from a couple of metres out, barba would have got himself wrong footed and the guy would walk in untouched

the real situation was that barba was a terrible fullback and he cost us the grand final in 2012 and in 2013 he was brought back into the team for the finals and the team fell apart, pretty much every team that got rid of barba has improved and made the grand final the following year, this is a clue that he is shit and the teams are better off without him

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a sugar coated interview.I’d like to hear a honest interview with what happened with his down fall alcohol,drugs etc.2012 is a year I will never forget.Ben barba was electric.I’ll never forget the game in Townsville against the storm.me and a mate where watching it in the sports bar at the leagues club.he ran straight past Cameron smith.we were like wow!!! So many highlights that year.
He could have been earning 1.2 million a year with us to this day.sad waste of talent..
that game vs the Storm was in Mackay

Barba was an immense talent but he just kept wrecking chance after chance --> the alcohol and alleged domestic abuse in 2013 with us, being unwanted at the Broncos after Bennett returned, failing a drug test following the 2016 GF success with the Sharks and then having his contract with the Cowboys following a booze up and physically abusing the mother of his children AGAIN

this sounds harsh but I would have young league players do classes or mentoring as to the challenges of life as a professional footballer and I would use the ruins of Barba's career as a "what not to do"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
that game vs the Storm was in Mackay

Barba was an immense talent but he just kept wrecking chance after chance --> the alcohol and alleged domestic abuse in 2013 with us, being unwanted at the Broncos after Bennett returned, failing a drug test following the 2016 GF success with the Sharks and then having his contract with the Cowboys following a booze up and physically abusing the mother of his children AGAIN

this sounds harsh but I would have young league players do classes or mentoring as to the challenges of life as a professional footballer and I would use the ruins of Barba's career as a "what not to do"
also getting into a fight with idris and te maari, then an incident in mackay in 2010, threatening some women and walking on the street drunk nearly getting hit by a car and angrily striking the car as retaliation

if that guy didn't brake hard to avoid barba and instead permanently took out his leg or something then the bulldogs history would turn out differently, we would have a better 2010 and 2011 season, we avoid signing hasler and we have a better chance at winning the grand final in the 2012-2015 period with a proper fullback

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw if you really want to not forget something, i recommend not ever forgetting when barba tried to stop big george rose from scoring a try and ended up 5m over the dead ball line

its pretty funny stuff

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
let me guess barba rounded someone up from behind and grabbed at them, you really should forget about that tbh its not like the perrett try saver that helped us beat the roosters and sbw in 2014, that was straight up 1v1 ball and all tackle from a couple of metres out, barba would have got himself wrong footed and the guy would walk in untouched

the real situation was that barba was a terrible fullback and he cost us the grand final in 2012 and in 2013 he was brought back into the team for the finals and the team fell apart, pretty much every team that got rid of barba has improved and made the grand final the following year, this is a clue that he is shit and the teams are better off without him
Lol @ he cost us the GF in 2012. If he didn’t play that year, we wouldn’t have got anywhere near the grand final. It was a brilliant year individually from him (no hate for Perrett, but he never produced a year thst came close to it at any point in his long and successful career). For the vast majority of the season, his defence was on point. And a match saving tackle is a match saving tackle.

Go home Rod. You’re drunk.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Lol @ he cost us the GF in 2012. If he didn’t play that year, we wouldn’t have got anywhere near the grand final. It was a brilliant year individually from him (no hate for Perrett, but he never produced a year thst came close to it at any point in his long and successful career). For the vast majority of the season, his defence was on point. And a match saving tackle is a match saving tackle.

Go home Rod. You’re drunk.
that team was scientifically proven to be able to make the grand final without barba, because in 2014 they removed barba from the team and they made the grand final

also they dominated the storm from 2014 after barba left, winning the next 5 matches including an elimination final and a game when trex and mitch brown were 5/8th & fullback, so i don't know how you can make a case against me

in the 2012 GF barba dropped a bomb under no pressure in the opening 10 minutes, which forced us into 3 or 4 repeat sets defending our line, then coming up to halftime down by a converted try, he takes a bomb 5m out but stupidly decides to go backwards trying to avoid a player and that player uses the momentum to push him in goal, melbourne score off the repeat set when barba doesn't attack the ball on the crossfield kick

barba also didn't compete for the bomb properly in the 2nd half and melbourne scored a try that got taken back for an unlucky offside, so im not lying when i said he had a weak game

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also getting into a fight with idris and te maari, then an incident in mackay in 2010, threatening some women and walking on the street drunk nearly getting hit by a car and angrily striking the car as retaliation
I picked the incidents which cost him contracts with his clubs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I picked the incidents which cost him contracts with his clubs
no the club would have kept barba after his domestic abuse situation in 2013, they tried to cover it up and insisted it was not a police matter

the only problem at the bulldogs was that barba wanted out of his contract to sign a bigger contract

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
that team was scientifically proven to be able to make the grand final without barba, because in 2014 they removed barba from the team and they made the grand final

also they dominated the storm from 2014 after barba left, winning the next 5 matches including an elimination final and a game when trex and mitch brown were 5/8th & fullback, so i don't know how you can make a case against me

in the 2012 GF barba dropped a bomb under no pressure in the opening 10 minutes, which forced us into 3 or 4 repeat sets defending our line, then coming up to halftime down by a converted try, he takes a bomb 5m out but stupidly decides to go backwards trying to avoid a player and that player uses the momentum to push him in goal, melbourne score off the repeat set when barba doesn't attack the ball on the crossfield kick

barba also didn't compete for the bomb properly in the 2nd half and melbourne scored a try that got taken back for an unlucky offside, so im not lying when i said he had a weak game
Rubbish. There’s no way we make the GF in 2012 without Barba. He was that good.

Sharks also would still be on zero Premierships if not for Barba. He was in the Top 5 in the comp for both Try’s and Try Assists which is pretty much unheard of.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rubbish. There’s no way we make the GF in 2012 without Barba. He was that good.

Sharks also would still be on zero Premierships if not for Barba. He was in the Top 5 in the comp for both Try’s and Try Assists which is pretty much unheard of.
i thought we have already settled this after 2014 but there are some barba cult members still in denial

its a pretty simple situation, the club removed barba and didn't sign anyone to replace him and then the club made the grand final, unlucky not to have ennis for the grand final, brisbane did the same thing a year later and were 1 tackle away from winning the title, so it has been scientifically tested twice

maybe i should bribe dinkum dog $500 and get him to say this exact same thing so you will then agree with it

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i thought we have already settled this after 2014 but there are some barba cult members still in denial

its a pretty simple situation, the club removed barba and didn't sign anyone to replace him and then the club made the grand final, unlucky not to have ennis for the grand final, brisbane did the same thing a year later and were 1 tackle away from winning the title, so it has been scientifically tested twice

maybe i should bribe dinkum dog $500 and get him to say this exact same thing so you will then agree with it
We were a better team in 2012 with Barba in it. We won 6 more more regular season games than what we did in 2014 which is significant. And in 2012 we were basically absent of a halfback with Keating there playing essentially as a passenger. 2014 we had Hodkinson in his prime.

He won the Dally M and just about every other award in 2012, not sure why you’re trying to downplay it. Because he dropped a bomb or 2 and didn’t hold up a rampaging George Rose 1 on 1 on top of the try line lol?? You really have lost your marbles Rod.

No harm in being in agreement with @DinkumDog on most topics, he’s a shrewd operator. He may disagree with me on this topic though, who knows :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He won the Dally M and just about every other award in 2012, not sure why you’re trying to downplay it. Because he dropped a bomb or 2 and didn’t hold up a rampaging George Rose 1 on 1 on top of the try line lol?? You really have lost your marbles Rod.
no its much more than that, if i had to guess id say he lost 30 aerial contests and didn't attempt to tackle someone 50-55 times as a bulldog player, so lets say he let in about 30 tries that a normal fullback would be able to stop or delay

he also refused to do any dirty work like return a kick when the chase was solid or run on play 1, thats why i used to call him the showpony, he was the ultimate luxury player and he was lucky the 2012 team defence was so good that he didn't get exposed as much

the reason the 2014 didn't win as many games was because the nsw state of origin team borrowed our halves a few times and reynolds got suspended a few more times, go through that season to see our humorous makeshift halves pairings, my personal favourite was 6. josh jackson and 7. tony williams, we were on top of the table until the rep season derailed our momentum

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
At least tag me if you want to mention me in your verbal diarrhoea - don’t leave it up to others to bring to my attention. Bribe? Another quality suggestion after the axe murderer thread. Keep the analysis coming :tearsofjoy:.
my point is if you would have said this horse would agree with you because he is in love with you

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We were a better team in 2012 with Barba in it. We won 6 more more regular season games than what we did in 2014 which is significant. And in 2012 we were basically absent of a halfback with Keating there playing essentially as a passenger. 2014 we had Hodkinson in his prime.

No harm in being in agreement with @DinkumDog on most topics, he’s a shrewd operator. He may disagree with me on this topic though, who knows :grinning:
Agree. I reckon we could’ve won 2012. Our halves, not only including the passenger Keating as you said but a wet behind the ears Reynolds were totally outplayed by Widdop and Cronk. Storm were beatable though as opposed to that red hot Bunnies team of 2014 that I never thought we stood much of a chance against despite obviously wanting a different result.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well he’s only human :-).
are you sure? he could actually be a horse

its not unprecedented because i once saw a documentary series when the whole family was talking to the horse and he responded in clear english, i forgot what it was called though, it was Mr something

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
are you sure? he could actually be a horse

its not unprecedented because i once saw a documentary series when the whole family was talking to the horse and he responded in clear english, i forgot what it was called though, it was Mr something
Keep the day job.
Comedy is not your calling.