Ben Barba Interview

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Skipped through parts of it. Noted that at the 24 min mark, he mentions a and repeatedly referenced Kevin Moore as the coach in 08. Said Kevie gave him a call to let him know he was playing in 08, though we all know that Folkes was coach at the time.

Also, I don't know whether it was deliberate or not but he can't remember the names of his Toyota cup team mates when asked...

I think coke may have fried his memory.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous, he could of Been a sensation for the mighty doggies for YEARS, instead he fucked it all up and our top run. So he can piss off, had it all took it all for granted. And now doesn’t deserve any respect.!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't watch the interview but I hope he's in a good place. He had a massive fall from grace and messed up issues off the field but hopefully he's got the booze and domestic violence under control.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he let it so many tries that a normal fullback would be able to stop, so in reality his net try scoring was something very low and maybe negative

i remember in 2011 kevin moore was under pressure to keep his job and barba produced a real piece of shit of a game against penrith and moore was soon relived of his duties about 10 days later

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he let it so many tries that a normal fullback would be able to stop, so in reality his net try scoring was something very low and maybe negative

i remember in 2011 kevin moore was under pressure to keep his job and barba produced a real piece of shit of a game against penrith and moore was soon relived of his duties about 10 days later

LOL forgot about your hate for Barba.. rivals Marley's and Reynolds relationship..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't watch the interview but I hope he's in a good place. He had a massive fall from grace and messed up issues off the field but hopefully he's got the booze and domestic violence under control.
yeh i cbf watching it either ZFG about this guy, once he fd up that was the end.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I dislike the guy for what he did. No doubt about it.

But I remember talking to him a couple of times at the club when he was still in the lower grades. He was on the punt on his own. He was a troubled person and I think he probably still is.

All that aside. I never watched so many lower grade games until he came to the club. It was a great spectacle watching him tear it up. He was an absolute freak. Shame what happened.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stumbled across this interview.

Is he still with his mrs? Sounds like he is.

It was a sugar coated interview.I’d like to hear a honest interview with what happened with his down fall alcohol,drugs etc.2012 is a year I will never forget.Ben barba was electric.I’ll never forget the game in Townsville against the storm.me and a mate where watching it in the sports bar at the leagues club.he ran straight past Cameron smith.we were like wow!!! So many highlights that year.
He could have been earning 1.2 million a year with us to this day.sad waste of talent..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a sugar coated interview.I’d like to hear a honest interview with what happened with his down fall alcohol,drugs etc.2012 is a year I will never forget.Ben barba was electric.I’ll never forget the game in Townsville against the storm.me and a mate where watching it in the sports bar at the leagues club.he ran straight past Cameron smith.we were like wow!!! So many highlights that year.
He could have been earning 1.2 million a year with us to this day.sad waste of talent..
Agree. We should've been contenders in 2013, I was really looking forward to that season and then it all fell apart in the pre-season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
LOL forgot about your hate for Barba.. rivals Marley's and Reynolds relationship..
my hate for reynolds was correct, everybody had the reynolds love blinkers on except me