Ben Barba has asked for an official release from Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
It would be a shame to lose him, but it would be a greater shame to keep a player who doesn’t meet our “no d!ckhead” policy

Besides if he’s ex-partner moves back to Mackay (not Brisbane, he’s full of sh!t) it would only makes sense for him to be a 10 hour drive away :p

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fairfax Media can reveal the Dally M medallist's management lodged the written request with Bulldogs powerbrokers a fortnight ago with a view to joining Brisbane next season.

Barba's manager, Gavin Orr, confirmed a release had been sought but it is yet to be given a response.
So here it reads confirmed a request a release 2 weeks ago, no wonder why he said what he said lastnight, he pretty much spilt the beans last night indirectly.

''The Bulldogs have been good to Ben, he's been there for a long time and I think Ben has also been good for the Bulldogs,'' Orr said. ''He's won a Dally M there, he's played some good footy and last year he helped them get to a grand final. It comes down to being happy. He's found the main priority in his life is making sure his family is together.''
What a load of shit, we the Bulldogs have done more for him than what he has done for us.

See Rod's thread here just for some pointers, he had one great year with us and got the Dally M medal because of our club and our coach, he wouldn't be where he is now if it wasn't for the Bulldogs.

N

Natboy

That is so ****ed.
A lot of our poor form this year can be directly and indirectly attributed to him.
Where would Ben be without the dogs? Probably at Mackay centrelink every fortnight
The club have bent over backwards for him.
I don't blame Ainslee at all. She needs to do the right thing by herself and the kids
Maybe she would've stayed if he wasn't out rooting around, drunk, gamblings, *edit* and hanging around with scum like Daniel folkes and their epic wanker crew around here

Last edited by a moderator:

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
This really pisses me off, seeing as we have jeopardised our entire season with Barba related issues only for him to turn around and do this. At the same time, though, I don;t want a player out on that field that doesn't have a passion for the club or the game. It'll be tough at first but I think we'll look back in 12-24 months and be thankful that we got rid of him before it got any worse.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That is so ****ed.
A lot of our poor form this year can be directly and indirectly attributed to him.
Where would Ben be without the dogs? Probably at Mackay centrelink every fortnight
The club have bent over backwards for him.
I don't blame Ainslee at all. She needs to do the right thing by herself and the kids
Maybe she would've stayed if he wasn't out rooting around, drunk, gamblings, *edit* and hanging around with scum like Daniel folkes and their epic wanker crew around here
Trent Hodkinson and most of the other players that live in the "shire" hang out with Dan Folkes... Lets not blame a group of young guys that like to go out and have fun for his problems/decisions etc... We have all done it when we were at that age...

That whole EBC thing was a media beat up and blown way out of proportion. Big deal if he got a tattoo..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sonny Bill him under contract so he can't play for anyone, players just can't come and go as they please, he has an obligation to his fans.

N

Natboy

Dan is a wannabe who never was & hangs around like a groupy
He has hit women, king hit guys from behind, bashed a defenseless gay bloke with his boofhead mates & other things I better not mention
The bloke is a little annoying dog. Saying that Barba is an adult (by age only) and makes his own choices

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So this article says, "Ainslee has family friends in Brisbane"? Ummm I know he said family everywhere (keeping all qld clubs in the mix) but family friends is ridiculous. That's not family that's friends of the family. I don't want this prick to go or stay, 2 years in nsw cup and expose the real reasons for all of this reducing his market value and allowing ALL the fans to know what sort of person this wanker is. We need to expose this "compassionate grounds" BS so the dogs don't get negative press on this issue. Gordon Tallis was just on the radio here in brisbane speaking BS about how he and Milford should obviously be released on compassion. Bloody broncos are just sitting back waiting for all our work to come to them, don't release him I say!

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is bullshit if we let him go. If your getting paid that coin surley you can fly to Brisbane which is only $70 and back to see your family. WTF Canterbury made him he should at least give something back to the club for looking after him so well.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If this happens I won't be renewing my membership with the bulldogs next year
Fans like you can bugger off as far as I am concerned.

I hope they enforce his contract just to set the precedent that people cannot just leave whenever they want, but if they do let him go it sure won't make me love the dogs any less.

The best thing to do if he does leave is rally around the club and show that we don't need Ben Drama Barba to do well.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best to go..when he goes all the speculation goes and the Dogs can concentrate on winning footy matches. I really believe Barba's success has inflated his opinion and his manages opinion of what he is worth on the market.. So IMHO he's changes dollars..There is no doubt he is a very talented player..no doubt..but I think his attitude and the yes men around him will unfortunately see his downfall. Reminds me of Mike Tyson..the world at his feet but mixed with the wrong people and management, and what should have been the greatest career ever ended up in the toilet.
I hope it doesn't happen to Barba but realistically he has had one great season then followed it up with a dogs breakfast..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oops not changing dollars..chasing dollars!

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This kid has made such a horrible transformation ever since he won the Dally M, i swear that ruined him...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All eyes will be on Castle now, time to show what she his really made of.

We let go Hannant cos of same bullshit and now this crap which has no legs at all. Time is to prove club is bigger than the individual players. If Barba has to sit out his contract for another 2 years , let it be.

Our management need to set an example for players like these who can use homesickness as an excuse get a release whenever they want.

This is bullsh!t!!!!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid has made such a horrible transformation ever since he won the Dally M, i swear that ruined him...
Yeah some people just can't handle all the accolades getting thrown at them, it just goes straight to their head and you get insta-fark-head.

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing is that its the Broncos who will get his signiture.

The same team who over looked Barba, saying he was too small and would never make NRL. The Dogs showed faith in the little bloke and gave him a chance, resulting in him winning a Daly M medal!

Now the Broncos reap the benefits of a player that has grown through the Dogs system.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, all I can say is he really tried hard to emulate Ewan McGrady.

not being racist but signing aboriginal players is always a risk........Barba, Ferguson, Milford, Sandow, Idris, Kelly

but why do we always seem to loose our marquee players while other clubs seem to be able to keep there's....... Sonny Bill (took off), Mason (walked out), Hannant (released on family grounds), Idris (left on family grounds) now Barba wants to leave using the family (or family friends) card

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its like a mashup of all the rumours so far. They even included folau again. Folau isnt coming even if ben goes. We wont need to replace ben outside if the current roster anyway.

Still waiting for it to be official before i care.

If i was ceo and ben asked for a release id say no. If he played like crap id put him in nsw cup. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.