Ben Barba - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"if we were honest then Williams should hang his head considering some of the great forwards that have played with this club. offering nothing and Des should be held responsible for seemingly tolerating his garbage football. When he's been coached by him before why is it taking over half a season to fit in. unless he changes he's a muppet in my eyes. Thieving money for doing sweet fuck all"

oh yeah so i guess you are Mr positivity lol
This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he got brushed off like a fly tonight

i think it might be the spitting incident taking its toll and he just needs a few weeks to improve
Hahahahahaha u are funny...

Mini brushed off Mitch Brown and set up the roosters first try.

I'm sure Mini is smaller then the guy that brushed off Barba, also Mitch Brown is way larger then Barba and shouldn't have fallen off Mini like that.

I've seen wingers brush off forwards...

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"if we were honest then Williams should hang his head considering some of the great forwards that have played with this club. offering nothing and Des should be held responsible for seemingly tolerating his garbage football. When he's been coached by him before why is it taking over half a season to fit in. unless he changes he's a muppet in my eyes. Thieving money for doing sweet fuck all"
Agree 100% with this..

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

oh yeah so i guess you are Mr positivity lol
so you're saying that barba doesn't provide great moments of brilliance but Williams does? your argument is flawed but everyone already knows that. keep quoting me to make a comeback mate it's brilliant stuff.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so you're saying that barba doesn't provide great moments of brilliance but Williams does? your argument is flawed but everyone already knows that. keep quoting me to make a comeback mate it's brilliant stuff.
no im complaining that you can say whatever you want about a player you dont like but its too much for me to point out another terrible attempt at tackle

how about after each game you PM me your decision about who can be attacked and who cant be so that i know

btw barba also failed again in the meterage department, still has only 1 game this year over 100m, while inglis usually approaches 200m and dugan has 4/6 games over 200

folau needs to arrive imo

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba is coming back into form 5 tries in 3 games

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
barba has also no staggered lines this year as oppossed to last years teams. Coaches realised the importance of this in video sessions. more over they are kicking to brown more these days for kick returns. barbas supporting him and normally is dummy half for the first tackle or two with perrett or inu chiming in for a run. the other tactic is finding touch in goal or the sideline. Even if they dont fing touch it limits barbas attack coming out of the corners gain to a straight line. i guess the biggest problem is oppostition teams are not as fatigued this year as we are not dominating the ruck like 2012. Tired chasing forwards will present opportunities for our back 3 if we have our own forwards dominating possession metres gained and territory first.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
barba has also no staggered lines this year as oppossed to last years teams. Coaches realised the importance of this in video sessions. more over they are kicking to brown more these days for kick returns. barbas supporting him and normally is dummy half for the first tackle or two with perrett or inu chiming in for a run. the other tactic is finding touch in goal or the sideline. Even if they dont fing touch it limits barbas attack coming out of the corners gain to a straight line. i guess the biggest problem is oppostition teams are not as fatigued this year as we are not dominating the ruck like 2012. Tired chasing forwards will present opportunities for our back 3 if we have our own forwards dominating possession metres gained and territory first.
Also teams are tackling in greater numbers and look more determined to tackle our players harder now which makes it hard for any movement.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
slater and inglis also get special containing tactics but the difference is they are aggressive and want hard metres

barba needs to make 140-200m regularly and improve his defence if he wants inglis money

50-80m a game is as harmful as t rex non production

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't exactly agree that he is playing bad though I do think he is not as committed in defense. Last year Barba stoped try's he had no right too. This year he isn't stoping one's that he has a chance (even if he is heavily under sized).

I think we are being critical because we know he can do it, he just doesn't seem to have that hunger.

That said he was still far from one of the worst last night. Barba should not be the one constantly dealing with the crap.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think we are being critical because we know he can do it
no im being critical because i know he cant do it

all his try savers last year involved a cover tackle or putting his hand to stop the grounding

1 on 1 when he is in front of the guy who has steam (75% of what a fullback will face) he has always been pathetic and a grabber/holder at best and a dont even lay a hand on him by letting him sidestep at worst

im organising a send barba to brisbane protest, its going to be just me holding up a sign alone in the rain outside bsg

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
There are more rumors of him leaving the Bulldogs going to QLD via Rugby League Week and RLW MOLE.
I am sick and tired of rumor an innuendo.
How about we focus on the football itself and the rest of the season.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Breaking news!

The Rugby League Week/RLW MOLE are 95% of the time on the money, and they have claimed Ben Barba has all but signed with the Broncos.

That is all!

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's the case then bring in Israel Folau.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It goes on further saying " he wants a change" WTF don't contract mean anything anymore!

Bring it on

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he wants to go good bye to him and watch him go from superstar to super shit sorry BARBA is not bigger then the club we are proud to be bulldogs
Not prod to be barbas

Bring it on

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he leaves it shows he has no dignity after all the club did was put up with his shit take him rehab help him sort his life out make him wat he is today

Status
Not open for further replies.