Ben Barba - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Controversial statement of the week: Barba is a defensive liability due to his size and the fact he tackles high.

There's an old adage in league that if you're a fullback, you should never let the opposition fullback show you up. Both Sluter and Inglis showed him up badly in his last two games.

I understand this view is going to be unpopular and fully accept the consequences that may flow from it, but I will stand by this view until I am furnished with evidence to the contrary.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Controversial statement of the week: Barba is a defensive liability due to his size and the fact he tackles high.

There's an old adage in league that if you're a fullback, you should never let the opposition fullback show you up. Both Sluter and Inglis showed him up badly in his last two games.

I understand this view is going to be unpopular and fully accept the consequences that may flow from it, but I will stand by this view until I am furnished with evidence to the contrary.
U drunk? Barba saved tries last year and will do the same this year. I thought he outplayed Inglis, first game back and I thought he went well for his first game. He's only gunna get better. Also u been hiding under a rock? Barba didn't play against Melbourne, This guy is gunna get better and better, has the potential to be better then slater IMO. Give yourself an uppercut saying his a defensive liability and too small!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
U drunk? Barba saved tries last year and will do the same this year. I thought he outplayed Inglis, first game back and I thought he went well for his first game. He's only gunna get better. Also u been hiding under a rock? Barba didn't play against Melbourne, This guy is gunna get better and better, has the potential to be better then slater IMO. Give yourself an uppercut saying his a defensive liability and too small!
I think he is referring to the GF we shall never speak of.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like a sniper rifle, he will destroy you from long range :p

Last edited by a moderator:

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba Injury

Twitter rumour that Barba may require surgery for an arm injury.
Anyone know anything about it ?????

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
been hearing it but not finding anything to back it up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me, we always fuck up the following year we make the GF

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it's an arm now?

It was an ankle yesterday.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i hope your right jimmy. if barba is out for 6 weeks even as one of the most optimistic fans i'd have huge doubts for us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.