BEN ANDERSON as a Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I KNOW as a player he was in the calibre OF KEVIN MOORE.
How about as COACH?
And why is the CLUB allowing him to Coach Lower Grades? We should be having an up and comer that has the ability to coach First Grade in the Future.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Anderson might want to coach the under 20's to hold a lead before he thinks about NRL. They have chocked 3 games straight now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are alot of players who play under 20's or NSW cup who don't make first grade. In the same way there are coaches who will never be the right fit or capable of first grade, you won't know that unless they are given a shot in the lower grades. Also a coaches playing ability has nothing to do with whether they will make a good coach or not.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are alot of players who play under 20's or NSW cup who don't make first grade. In the same way there are coaches who will never be the right fit or capable of first grade, you won't know that unless they are given a shot in the lower grades. Also a coaches playing ability has nothing to do with whether they will make a good coach or not.
I think only 10 % of under 20s go on to play FG

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This year he was appointed.

Why would we want to look at a coach who can't get the best out of our under 20s??

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is, Dymock is the current attack coach.
How much would our attack and structures would improve if he were head coach is the question.
Jimmy would only be implementing what he is instructed to by Des....he wouldn't be doing his own thing

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out of who we have at the club Jim Dymock is the stand out.

He was tossed into the deep end when Kevin Moore got the bullet. Sure there were some good players there but most were like a mob of sheep who had lost all focus and commitment. Jim coached them for eight games and they won five.

That happened four years ago. Jim as a player was one of the best lock forwards we've had. A hard nut defender and very good with a close to the line offload. He will be 45 years old next season, so remembering what he did in 2011 and what he would have learned since then (not just from Hasler), he's our man.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

He was tossed into the deep end when Kevin Moore got the bullet. Sure there were some good players there but most were like a mob of sheep who had lost all focus and commitment. Jim coached them for eight games and they won five.

That happened four years ago. Jim as a player was one of the best lock forwards we've had. A hard nut defender and very good with a close to the line offload. He will be 45 years old next season, so remembering what he did in 2011 and what he would have learned since then (not just from Hasler), he's our man.
really 5 from 7 if you take out the first game where he got lumped with the job on the plane on the way over to NZ......we only ended up missing out on the finals on for and against, in the 5/7 there was a 4 point loss to the roosters had we won that Dymock would have pulled off a miracle and got us in to the semis

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Jimmy would only be implementing what he is instructed to by Des....he wouldn't be doing his own thing
Yeah that would have been my reply. Think it is well known now that Des more resembles a dictator in his coaching style with absolute power so the players on up would do it his way or pay the price.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

While I agree with most of what you are saying he has been under Des for most of his assistant coach career so even subconsciously some of Des's ways would have rubbed off on him. He might be the man or we might be better with a completely fresh start with someone like Ivan Cleary. I don't think it's going to matter anyway with Des about to sign on till 2019.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if they extend Des's deal we should start wearing black to games or at least black arm bands as it will be the death of our bulldogs culture, which will never be able to be restored

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if they extend Des's deal we should start wearing black to games or at least black arm bands as it will be the death of our bulldogs culture, which will never be able to be restored
The NRL will die before the bulldogs do

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some Kennelers believe that there would be no change with Jim Dymock as our coach; that he would be just another Hasler. That's a fair enough call as Jim has been Hasler's assistant for the last four years. Personally, I don't think so, Jim Dymock is his own man.

We all know that the only similarity between the Auckland 9s comp and the NRL premiership is that they use a football. But I'm in this year's Auckland 9s our players upped the ante in both attack and defence (forget about the loss toi the Warriors) and gave it their best shot.

So with me the flame still burns. I think Jim Dymock will bring back the Bulldogs culture, improve both our attack and defence and bring back the want to win attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.