News Belmore Blueprint: Jesse Ramien must prove he has ‘Bulldogs DNA’

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are going to make Jesse jump through hoops why dont they stick him a "saw" movie with a series of puzzles setup by jigsaw.

That will test him

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you have Bulldogs DNA when you have never played for the club? Are we going to do stem sell therapy?

Just pick the best players available and if the coach is good enough he will get the best out of him.
I totally disagree with this point. Building a team with the right character and core values is definitely the way to go! Especially when your in the process of building a new team.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This DNA talk is ridiculous and embarrassing. It’s all about the money, if you want the money then you Fucken turn up every week to play! Simple as that, same as every club in every sport in the world
You do realise that was a journalist quote dont you?? Not once did Hill mention it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think there is an element of window dressing in the statement by Anderson after the headlines we've received from "Mad Mondays" and the Napa videos. Values as far as fitting into our roster requirements is OK by me. We've seen something near the old Bulldogs team values in the past six matches, and that looks promising.
I agree. Values to set a high standard in the quality of the players invited to play for our club. Just the timing I question...with these long winded very public negotiations going on in the media.

Of course we want that calibre of player. I'm glad they hold those qualities essential for our team...not sure when that all changed tho?

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Its got nothing to do with getting the ball....

Just like Klemmer its all got to do with cash
Exactly, leaving a club because you did not get enough ball but potentially wants to come to a team who averages 1-2 tries a game.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I did and sure, the Cowboys were average. But, you can always polish a gem. But no matter how much you work a turd it's still a turd.
I remember our club and many of its supporters saying "he is too skinny" "can play but has shoulders like a milk arrowroot" That kid left us and went on to be JT.. .

Ponga is miles ahead of where JT was at the same time in his career.
Ponga will be brilliant but he ain’t worth 1.5 mil right now
That leaves 8 mil for 29 players
That leaves an average of 275k per player....

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ponga will be brilliant but he ain’t worth 1.5 mil right now
That leaves 8 mil for 29 players
That leaves an average of 275k per player....
Nah, we just need to "structure" our deals as well as the rorters and others do...$1.5 mil will seem like a token payment after he helps deliver a couple of Premierships.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, we just need to "structure" our deals as well as the rorters and others do...$1.5 mil will seem like a token payment after he helps deliver a couple of Premierships.
Tedesco on 1 mil at chooks
Mitchell is on 600 but contract up next year

So your saying ponga is worth just about those what those 2 combined is worth

Me and everyone says no....

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tedesco on 1 mil at chooks
Mitchell is on 600 but contract up next year

So your saying ponga is worth just about those what those 2 combined is worth

Me and everyone says no....
Thats nice for you and everyone..I dont agree. I also think you are naive if you think thats all Tedesco and Mitchel earn. The spin from the Roosters about all that scaling up crap and pecking order for biggest contracts is complete rubbish and also their best ever PR work.

And yes, I would gladly buy Ponga on a 4 year contract instead of Teddy and Mitchel.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats nice for you and everyone..I dont agree. I also think you are naive if you think thats all Tedesco and Mitchel earn. The spin from the Roosters about all that scaling up crap and pecking order for biggest contracts is complete rubbish and also their best ever PR work.

And yes, I would gladly buy Ponga on a 4 year contract instead of Teddy and Mitchel.
So you would buy ponga for the same money you could get Tedesco and Mitchell for?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you would buy ponga for the same money you could get Tedesco and Mitchell for?
For the 1.6 mil you suggest they are on between them, yes I would in a heart beat. However, I think the combined they are actually earning is substantially more than that. Fact is we would never be a chance of stealing Tedesco and Mitchel from Uncle Nick but we could be a real shot of stealing Ponga if we paid the right money and showed him Premiership potential based on history and a plan to get back to the top.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the 1.6 mil you suggest they are on between them, yes I would in a heart beat. However, I think the combined they are actually earning is substantially more than that. Fact is we would never be a chance of stealing Tedesco and Mitchel from Uncle Nick but we could be a real shot of stealing Ponga if we paid the right money and showed him Premiership potential based on history and a plan to get back to the top.
Ok champ, ponga or both Tedesco and Mitchell
And you chose ponga for similar coin as for both of those 2

Have a good day sir

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok champ, ponga or both Tedesco and Mitchell
And you chose ponga for similar coin as for both of those 2

Have a good day sir
Its not personal mate its opinions thats all. And I'm no ones champ.. Like I said which you chose to ignore, the Tedesco/Mitchel together purchase is a wet dream and would never happen so why wish for it? The Ponga one could possibly happen and we would have young superstar in the making, whats wrong with that if you are a dogs fan?

I remember an old Ricky Stuart coming to the Dogs with Brad Clyde and I was pumped. And I was there at the Preliminary final when we were leading with a minute or so to go and Ricky grubberd into Melbourne's in goal and that mongrel brother of Mark Geyers ran the length of the field and scores the winning try for Melbourne. Melbourne won the GF next week.

A classy but old half nearly gave us another title and I reckon a young superstar in the making definitely could.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know why this is seen as something to have a go at the club about. They want to sign players of DWZ's quality on and off the field. Months ago people on here wanting to sign Carnie. Then it was Barber, FMD look how that turned out. Would you want a Maguire or Sam Burgess. Imagine if Sam sent dick pics whilst playing for us, the media would still be roasting us.